Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals WR Tyler Boyd on potentially joining Steelers: You never know

Legend

User Info Menu

While not a traditional WR, I'd have to believe that the signing of Coradelle Patterson starts to close the door on Tyler Boyd becoming a Steeler
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    While not a traditional WR, I'd have to believe that the signing of Coradelle Patterson starts to close the door on Tyler Boyd becoming a Steeler
    Patterson isn?t much of a WR. He is a RB.

52 receptions in 2021 - career high
    21 receptions in 2022
    9 receptions in 2023.

He actually kinda sucks as a WR from what I remember, which is why he ended up in the backfield.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Patterson isn?t much of a WR. He is a RB.

52 receptions in 2021 - career high
    21 receptions in 2022
    9 receptions in 2023.

He actually kinda sucks as a WR from what I remember, which is why he ended up in the backfield.
    He will be a returner and a gadget guy to get some of those end arounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers have been linked to a number of WR's so far in FA & the draft.

MOST of those guys are your 'run after the catch' guys. With Wilson at QB, you want guys that are able to wiggle free when the scramble starts, then make something of the play after the catch.

The 3 guys they were linked with as 2-3rd round types so far- Pearsall, Corley & Legette are just that type of player. Deebo Samuel & Ayuik are similar.

We have our #1 guy. The TE's are going to see more catches in Smith's offence. I think they'll draft one of those 3 names OR, if they miss out- look toward the likes of Boyd then.

I think Boyd is the consolation prize.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an end-zone target type TE added however...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

On the NFL Network this morning, the topic was specifically the Steelers and Boyd. They highlighted as we have heard, an offer was made with incentives.

Bill Polian said this time of the year, this close to the draft that "the offer is the offer" and there is typically very little significant changes.

Not sure what Boyd is looking for, but unlikely he gets what he went into free agency wanting

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Steelers have been linked to a number of WR's so far in FA & the draft.

MOST of those guys are your 'run after the catch' guys. With Wilson at QB, you want guys that are able to wiggle free when the scramble starts, then make something of the play after the catch.

The 3 guys they were linked with as 2-3rd round types so far- Pearsall, Corley & Legette are just that type of player. Deebo Samuel & Ayuik are similar.

We have our #1 guy. The TE's are going to see more catches in Smith's offence. I think they'll draft one of those 3 names OR, if they miss out- look toward the likes of Boyd then.

I think Boyd is the consolation prize.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an end-zone target type TE added however...
    Yep. TEs will be finally featured in the Steelers offense after so many seasons of afterthought. Smith's TEs were targeted at over 30% last year. Putting that number into context for the Steelers you would be looking at about 150 targets. This is over 50% more than the Steelers targeted TEs last year. While the Steelers don't have a Pitts at the position, they still have some very good options that can get open; Muth and Heyward are excellent in short zone. And we have seen anywhere close to what Washington might bring as a target.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yep. TEs will be finally featured in the Steelers offense after so many seasons of afterthought. Smith's TEs were targeted at over 30% last year. Putting that number into context for the Steelers you would be looking at about 150 targets. This is over 50% more than the Steelers targeted TEs last year. While the Steelers don't have a Pitts at the position, they still have some very good options that can get open; Muth and Heyward are excellent in short zone. And we have seen anywhere close to what Washington might bring as a target.

Would love to see the TEs do more. Not Fantasy Football like "splash plays," but consistent chain moving plays. Also, helps the running game by making LBs and Safeties account for the TEs

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh reportedly offered Boyd a two-year, $10 million contract but would not raise their bid above that. The Pittsburgh native had interest in joining the Steelers but believes he can sign a more lucrative deal elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/steelersupdate6/...436463686?s=20

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 04-02-2024 at 11:46 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Not saying Boyd is the answer but this is my point when it comes to how we build offenses vs defense in FA. Why are we always trying to build on the cheap on offense in FA when it comes to weapons?

In 2024 we want a really good blocking WR with solid hands to play for $5 Mill per season?

smh.. 3/25 seems reasonable and could be incentive based. Stop being stingy on offense.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not saying Boyd is the answer but this is my point when it comes to how we build offenses vs defense in FA. Why are we always trying to build on the cheap on offense in FA when it comes to weapons?

In 2024 we want a really good blocking WR with solid hands to play for $5 Mill per season?

smh.. 3/25 seems reasonable and could be incentive based. Stop being stingy on offense.
    I dint know what his value is, but if he has a much better offer, presumably he'd sign it.

He's also 29. Shorter is probably better.

3/25 might be ok with the team if it was structured is a way that it could become more like 2/10 of he doesn't pan out. But he probably wouldn't sign that contract either.