Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 candidates for the Steelers' offensive coordinator vacancy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you listened to Tomlin's press conference today or saw his comments, he basically described the OC he wants. One who favors a balanced attack, has NFL OC experience, and knows the QB position. He basically described Alex Van Pelt. Not one of those other candidates in that article checks all of those boxes.Personally, I've never looked at Van Pelt as anything more than Just Another Coach. He didn't even call the plays in Cleveland (except for the playoff game against us). But combine those attributes Tomlin is looking for with the Pitt/Pickett connection and the fact he was drafted by the Steelers and he has got to be a front runner for the job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin looking for experienced NFL offensive coordinator to join Steelers' staff

JOE RUTTER | Thursday, Jan. 18, 2024

https://triblive.com/sports/mike-tom...teelers-staff/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya know the Steelers are competing with the Browns for the OC position. Names that have been suggested for the Browns:

Zac Robinson - Rams QB coach/pass game coordinator
    Darrell Bevell - MIA pass game coordinator
    Cam Turner - Colts QB coach
    Shane Waldron - SEA OC (interview scheduled)
    Jerrod Johnson - HOU QB coach

Honestly, any of those might be an interesting pickup. I hope Tomlin has a sense of urgency to get this done sooner rather than later (unless he has his eye on a guy in the playoffs).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    If you listened to Tomlin's press conference today or saw his comments, he basically described the OC he wants. One who favors a balanced attack, has NFL OC experience, and knows the QB position. He basically described Alex Van Pelt. Not one of those other candidates in that article checks all of those boxes.Personally, I've never looked at Van Pelt as anything more than Just Another Coach. He didn't even call the plays in Cleveland (except for the playoff game against us). But combine those attributes Tomlin is looking for with the Pitt/Pickett connection and the fact he was drafted by the Steelers and he has got to be a front runner for the job.
    You mean the type of OC Rooney told him to hire? We know what kind of OC Tomlin prefers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ya know the Steelers are competing with the Browns for the OC position. Names that have been suggested for the Browns:

Zac Robinson - Rams QB coach/pass game coordinator
    I didn't know this until yesterday, but I heard Zac and Bobby Slowik both used to work for PFF. According to PFF_Steve, Slowik helped them redefine how they grade QBs a couple years ago.

Hiring an analytics guy would be a huge leap for the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I didn't know this until yesterday, but I heard Zac and Bobby Slowik both used to work for PFF. According to PFF_Steve, Slowik helped them redefine how they grade QBs a couple years ago.

Hiring an analytics guy would be a huge leap for the Steelers.
    Slowik should be offered an interview.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The question becomes what NFL OC is going to make a lateral move to the Steelers and why. Hopefully it's a good one, I still have doubts it will matter under Tomlin. Until Tomlin shows that he is capable of change nothing else is going to change significantly for the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Isn?t Slowik already the OC for the Texans?

He is being mentioned as ahead coach candidate
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Why would he make a lateral move from Stroud to Kenny? He's going to ride this to a HC gig.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Why would he make a lateral move from Stroud to Kenny? He's going to ride this to a HC gig.
    Where would better odds of being a HC, Texans or Steelers? Ryans isn't going anywhere.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!