Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 candidates for the Steelers' offensive coordinator vacancy

Legend

User Info Menu

Look fellow Steelers fans. I say game by game basis because every team presents different challenges. Every team is not the same team from week to week due to injuries. For example, the Browns didn't have to face Stroud in the 1st match up due to injury. The post season game Stroud.....

If every team stayed consistent from week to week without injuries ect. then.....it's a real conversation. The win "NOW FANS" can't be satisfied.

Game by game basis.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 01-26-2024 at 04:51 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Look fellow Steelers fans. I say game by game basis because every team presents different challenges. Every team is not the same team from week to week due to injuries. For example, the Browns didn't have to face Stroud in the 1st match up due to injury. The post season game Stroud.....

If every team stayed consistent from week to week without injuries ect. then.....it's a real conversation. The win "NOW FANS" can't be satisfied.

Game by game basis.
    and Amari Cooper also had 11 receptions and 265 yards and 2TDs in the first matchup. He was gimpy and hadn’t played for a few weeks due to an ankle.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and Amari Cooper also had 11 receptions and 265 yards and 2TDs in the first matchup. He was gimpy and hadn’t played for a few weeks due to an ankle.
    Any player that makes it into the NFL can have a career game. You don't need to convince me.

I've learned to analyze games on a game by game basis. I also understand that consistently performing at a high level "gets players paid". Can you convince the others?

Legend

User Info Menu

You seem to forget the 3rd and 9 vs GB after the 2 minute warning where Pickett hit Pickens for a 28 yard gain but Austin was called for a pick.

Its real easy to forget some of the play calls over a season but its a prime example of Tomlin having confidence in Kenny late in a game.

Its not a Mason thing. You just remember it because it was more recent.
    This may be the case.

But I also remember (or at least feel like there were) lots of games where we had a 1 score lead with KP and were content to run three times, punt, and let the D win. Because we had very little faith in the offense. Because the offense on this team has been bad for a while (preceding Kenny).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    And yet he's already installed the low-risk, low-reward QB as his starter for 2024.

Interesting.
    Perhaps Tomlin knows full well what I have been saying for weeks Mason is gonna walk. Listen to the tone of Mason on the Ramon Foster show. Did NOT sound like someone who is returning.

It is ALL speculation.

Ya know what is NOT speculation?

That Tomlin CHOSE MASON TO CLOSE THE SEASON BECAUSE HE LIKED THE HIGHER SCORING.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-26-2024 at 06:40 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Windy you should be telling us how ELATED you are that Tomlin announced Kenny and is not deceived by those silly “counting stats” Mason had.

PFF grades Mason like trash while Kenny was better AND Kenny flashed GREATNESS post Canada per pff.

WHY SHOULD MASON BE IN THE RUNNING AT ALL with his aweful play?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This may be the case.

But I also remember (or at least feel like there were) lots of games where we had a 1 score lead with KP and were content to run three times, punt, and let the D win. Because we had very little faith in the offense. Because the offense on this team has been bad for a while (preceding Kenny).
    Wonder how many of those games we lost when that happened?

Not sure it meant we didn’t have faith the times we ran and burned clock. Also wonder if timeouts play a role in when we decide to be more aggressive.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-26-2024 at 07:46 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure it meant we didn’t have faith the times we ran and burned clock. Also wonder if timeouts play a role in when we decide to be more aggressive.
    I was going to say the same thing, how much time was left? How many Timeouts did the opponent have? Running the ball doesn't mean you don't have confidence in the offense, most times it's done because it's the smart play. Kenny also has 6 comebacks and 7 game winning drives under his belt, so it's not like he hasn't performed with the game on the line.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's possible Felt.

I'd have to look through the genes to know.

That's why I said it felt that easy to me. Not that it was that way necessarily.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't know if this tells us anything. But here's some YouTuber showing all22 from all KP and MR TDs this season.

He's more nit picky with KP, but some nice throws from both guys.

It's just that Mason had one less in far fewer games.