Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tim Benz: Broderick Jones still thinks LT is ideal, but he won't lobby for a change

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Is this guy reading my signature????
    Very nice job

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Very nice job
    Thank you, sir!
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

from Omar Khan's news conference:

Khan was less certain about the position Broderick Jones will play in his second NFL season. The team's first-round pick and left tackle from Georgia, Jones made 10 of his 11 starts as a rookie at right tackle in place of a benched Chuks Okorafor.

"He proved that he could play right tackle, but he was drafted to be a left tackle and eventually he will be a left tackle, Khan said. When that is, time will tell."

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...nter-position/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Yeah, much like Mitch "beat out Kenny" in the 2021 camp. Was given a head start and didn't lose the job.

I really hope the Steelers didn't trade up for a right tackle.
    Like Kenny beat out Rudolph in 2022....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Like Kenny beat out Rudolph in 2022....
    which is why I have doubts Mason wants to play that game again. It will have to be the only game in town for him to play it IMO.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Omar Khan said Broderick Jones eventually will play left tackle. “He was drafted to play left tackle.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/fi...hans-comments/

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Omar Khan said Broderick Jones eventually will play left tackle. “He was drafted to play left tackle.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/fi...hans-comments/
    Better keep fingers crossed the position switch will improve his pass pro. If he looks like he did on the right side in the last month of the season the Steelers will need a half dozen QBs to get through the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Better keep fingers crossed the position switch will improve his pass pro. If he looks like he did on the right side in the last month of the season the Steelers will need a half dozen QBs to get through the season.
    That's part of the deal when you start rooks. We have complained for years about how the Steelers don't start rookies, but part of what you get are rookies making rookie mistakes. You have to either go with it or not play them. Add to that the switch in position and the proverbial rookie wall, and I don't think it is a huge concern moving forward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roy Countryman with his poost-combine seven-round Steelers mock draft

1st Round - Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

After a host of notable eye-popping performances in Indianapolis, the presence of Mims shown in sheer size alone should be enough to pique the Steelers' interest. Add in the fact that at 6'-7", 340 this mountain of a man with huge measurables (36 ⅛ arms/11" hands) ran the 40 in 5.07 seconds, with a 1.78 ten-yard split, which means he is not only is as big as a mountain, but can also move like a mudslide.

Mims has also leaned upon former teammate Broderick Jones to help him prepare during this process. He may only have eight starts to his name at the college level, but has been cross-trained at both tackle positions, which gives him needed versatility as a rookie until he can gain a starting spot.

Adding a raw talent such as Mims to one day bookend Jones would be a huge victory for Kenny Pickett, or whomever is under center. The Steelers would likely go into the 2024 season with a slightly slower timetable for Mims than Jones due to inexperience and health (hamstring/ankle).

Amarius Mims ran a 5.07. He's 6-foot-8, 340 pounds.

2nd Round - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia

Frazier is one tough dude, as I highlighted in my previous mock draft. Well, just over three months after a leg injury that caused him to hop off the field on one leg to save a game, he was out on the field doing drill work in Indianapolis without any inclination that he had to rehab like a maniac to participate.

While I love the upside prospect Jackson Powers-Johnson possesses, I believe there is no better value in this year's draft than Frazier in the second round due to his extensive wrestling background, strength, and agility. He has everything you want in a starting center with good length (32"/same as Powers-Johnson) and huge hands (10 ⅞/full inch larger than Powers-Johnson) that he uses to vice-grip and steer defenders.

Frazier is the one prospect I believe the Steelers need to acquire no matter what, because I could see him immediately entering a starting competition at center. If the team would need to move into the early portions of the second round to secure his services, the price would be well worth it in a trade.

Zach Frazier doing the long pull drill just a few months removed from BREAKING HIS LEG in week 13 of the CFB Season.

They rarely make 'em like this anymore.

https://247sports.com/Article/steele...ft2-228177625/

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha