Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benz: Depth chart kerfuffle is a self-made distraction

Legend

User Info Menu

Benz: Depth chart kerfuffle is a self-made distraction

Bad look -- they can't admit publicly that Mason's play has been an inconvenience to their plans, so they just flat out lie. I'm guessing they don't even offer Mason a deal, just shake his hand and let him walk. He's caused enough problems already.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...e-distraction/

Legend

User Info Menu

What if he was to take the Steelers deep into the playoffs?

Legend

User Info Menu

Small potatoes.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn.. some of you are weird as hell when it comes to Tomlin and Mason.

The man is starting Mason for the 4th game, announced it and because its not on a depth chart its a sign of things to come next year?

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What if he was to take the Steelers deep into the playoffs?
    what if he starts vs the Bills?

oh wait, he is starting!!!

Like I said earlier, the Pittsburgh media is the Steelers biggest enemy.

Trying to win a playoff game and reporters are bitching about a depth chart listing and trying to spin it into a story.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    what if he starts vs the Bills?

oh wait, he is starting!!!

Like I said earlier, the Pittsburgh media is the Steelers biggest enemy.

Trying to win a playoff game and reporters are bitching about a depth chart listing and trying to spin it into a story.
    PIT media is pattycake compared to the major markets media. The team could have simply switched the depth for this game to accurately reflect the order. Problems avoided. Not hard. But, of course, this is the team that had the 'cut and paste' snafu earlier in the season. btw, that snafu listing MR as QB#2 was probably right after all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    PIT media is pattycake compared to the major markets media. The team could have simply switched the depth for this game to accurately reflect the order. Problems avoided. Not hard. But, of course, this is the team that had the 'cut and paste' snafu earlier in the season. btw, that snafu listing MR as QB#2 was probably right after all.
    I?ve lived in NYC and Philly so I know other markets are crazy too but these places also have NBA drama, MLB and NHL. When I lived in these markets and heard sports radio, it was also silly stuff most of the time.

Pittsburgh media is pretty much Steelers and maybe a little NHL. There is no NBA or MLB (I kid, I kid).

Steelers could change the depth chart but who cares. We know who the starting QB this week, its been announced.

This is silly. I wouldn’t change it now just cause they are demanding it changed. Focus on dumb stuff while the team focuses on the game. Updating a website is a clerical issue. Not a Tomlin or FO issue for this weekend.

Is this REALLY a problem? Be honest
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-11-2024 at 11:33 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I?ve lived in NYC and Philly so I know other markets are crazy too but these places also have NBA drama, MLB and NHL. When I lived in these markets and heard sports radio, it was also silly stuff most of the time.

Pittsburgh media is pretty much Steelers and maybe a little NHL. There is no NBA or MLB (I kid, I kid).

Steelers could change the depth chart but who cares. We know who the starting QB this week, its been announced.

This is silly. I wouldn’t change it now just cause they are demanding it changed. Focus on dumb stuff while the team focuses on the game. Updating a website is a clerical issue. Not a Tomlin or FO issue for this weekend.

Is this REALLY a problem? Be honest
    It's a distraction that could have been avoided. There is no story to spin if they take care of routine things routinely. And if they really wanted to spin a story how about this one?

Clerk asks Tomlin whether he/she should update the depth chart for the game?
    Tomlins says "No".

Now that is a story that can be spun a lot of ways. TBH, no one can say whether this did or didn't happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's a distraction that could have been avoided. There is no story to spin if they take care of routine things routinely. And if they really wanted to spin a story how about this one?

Clerk asks Tomlin whether he/she should update the depth chart for the game?
    Tomlins says "No".

Now that is a story that can be spun a lot of ways. TBH, no one can say whether this did or didn't happen.
    it isn’t a distraction at all.

I guarantee you no one in the locker room gives one bit of a damn about a depth chart on a website in week 19.

They want it to be a distraction which is why I said the Pittsburgh media is awful.

All the talk we have about next year, who stays or goes.. no one is thinking about that in the building right now except maybe Khan because its his job to think that far ahead.

and I’m pretty sure other teams depth charts aren’t all accurate at this time either. The things they find to try and make a story. Ask any Steeper in the locker room, they will tell you who is starting this week. They don’t need a chart.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-11-2024 at 01:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stupid post of the week. Much ado about NOTHING!

Some people aren’t happy unless they are unhappy
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"