Thread: OT: Nick Saban resigns from Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Nick Saban resigns from Alabama

Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 01-10-2024 at 07:33 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    NIL got Saban. He didn't want to play that game. I think Dabo is next.

These old school coaches have no idea how to navigate in a world where players get to move around and aren't handcuffed by the NCAA.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    NIL got Saban. He didn't want to play that game. I think Dabo is next.

These old school coaches have no idea how to navigate in a world where players get to move around and aren't handcuffed by the NCAA.
    Makes sense, never understood how Bama could be 3-deep at every position, guys waiting years for their one year to shine. Nobody's waiting anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

I could see Bama making a run at Dabo. Only a $7 M buy out. They could raise that in 30 seconds. He played for the Tide and coached there 7 years. Back up the truck of money!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I could see Bama making a run at Dabo. Only a $7 M buy out. They could raise that in 30 seconds. He played for the Tide and coached there 7 years. Back up the truck of money!!
    Dan Lanning is rumored to be the front runner.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dan Lanning is rumored to be the front runner.
    $20 million buy out for Lanning. Bama may not care.