Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudolph is our quarterback.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rudolph absolutely should leave if someone comes calling. Is there any reason to believe Tomlin will give him a fair shot in camp next year? If he gets an opportunity to go somewhere else, I think he takes it and gets far, far away from Tomlin and the Steelers. I did not like the Pickett selection but I was willing to live with it if it meant the team was going to take a volume approach to finding Ben's successor. But a volume approach isn't playing a guy just because he was a first round draft pick and burying a guy in the depth chart because they overpaid for Trubisky. A volume approach means an open competition for the start and benching guys when they aren't performing to 'the standard'.

Mike Tomlin is 17 seasons into his HC career and he still doesn't know how to use his timeouts effectively or manage the clock in general. Not because he couldn't if he wanted to but because he's stubborn as hell and seems to have a problem coming to terms with being wrong. If Rudolph came back to 'compete' for the starting position, any sane person would expect it to be a forgone conclusion that KP would prevail simply based on who Tomlin is.

Frankly, I'm pissed that Rudolph wasn't given a chance to be the starter from camp onward and we have wasted two such chances on MT and KP.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    When the o-line is dominating and both backs are running over 100 yards - Mason didn?t need to be a 400 yard passer. His game was because of the o-line performance, not in spite of it. Let?s see what this week brings. I think he can sling it if necessary.
    The defense has to respect the pass by the QB in order to run well?.And a balance of pass and run?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'll wait for the official stats to come out but I was surprised by the lack of pressure on Rudolph. Has the OL suddenly learned how to pass block? How is it all these positives have come with a change of QB when the system is supposedly 'college level'?

Some of he lack of serious pressure or sacks is Rudolph stands in the pocket with more poise, looks over the field quicker & delivers a quicker pass. You can't see wides breaking open if you are leaving pocket too soon with happy feet, and many times Kenny rolls into the sack when he just needed to step up in pocket & keep eyes down the field.

I'm not saying that is all on Kenny many sacks were on the OL. But it's a lot easier as an offensive lineman when you know where your QB is going to be the first few seconds, so you know what direction to try & block the defender towards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Come on now. I do think we are over correcting to the extreme. Was it an OK game?

Well extrapolate his two starts over a career and he is in the hall of fame. While that is silly (he will throw picks, only faced weak defenses etc) to call his play OK is a little extreme I’d say.

If the worst criticism on this 75 percent completion rate is that Pickens had to jump to make catches I think the judging is just a little unreasonable.
    I'm just setting a floor.

Not getting overly excited about 2 games.

But when it's 3rd and 6, I think we can convert it now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we are over reacting to how good Rudolph was then yinz are under reacting to how bad Kenny was this year.

Heck we didn't punt until almost the 4th quarter. Did Rudolph have a differnt OL & skill players than Kenny? No in fact some were saying Najee, Friermuth, DJ & Pickens were way underperforming & maybe trade them all & start over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    If we are over reacting to how good Rudolph was then yinz are under reacting to how bad Kenny was this year.

Heck we didn't punt until almost the 4th quarter. Did Rudolph have a differnt OL & skill players than Kenny? No in fact some were saying Najee, Friermuth, DJ & Pickens were way underperforming & maybe trade them all & start over.
    Wait! We still have a punter?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Wait! We still have a punter?
    yep he punted once yesterday

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

It?s very simple. Mason Rudolph of 2021 had extreme happy feet. He couldn?t get settled.

Mason of 2023 at times still shows some anxious tendencies but while in the pocket he is so calm he almost frozen from the shoulders down, only moving through progressions.

He learned a lot watching and studying. Kenny P and Mitch both suck at progressions.

That?s the difference in a nutshell
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You know what’s crazy, was Rudolph was our starter in 2019, the duck Hodges year, that seems like it wasn’t long ago but jeez it’s 2024….

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post

I agree many were hoping that it wasn't Kenny. That it was a bunch of other things.