Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious. Is the site in need of mods?

Legend

User Info Menu

Just curious. Is the site in need of mods?

A particular poster stated that the mods may be overworked and unable to perform their duties.
    I haven?t heard any of them say this or make a post stating they are seeking more help.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    A particular poster stated that the mods may be overworked and unable to perform their duties.
    I haven?t heard any of them say this or make a post stating they are seeking more help.
    why don't you volunteer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    why don't you volunteer?

That’s why am asking.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They aren't overworked, I can assure you of that. Simply put the moderators don't want to their jobs in a fair, equal and consistent manner. They ignore their own rules, and only apply those rules and punishments to the posters they dislike. That is a fact. They need to be called out for it.

I know because I tried to avoid certain posters who were being jerks and I ended up getting banned for reporting the rule breaking to the moderators for these infractions. Nothing happened to those posters whom were in clear violation of the rules at the time. My only crime being that I didn't engage with the jerk posters. The evidence was right there in front of their eyes too see and they did nothing about it. I have never forgotten that unfair treatment.

So when papillon posted that everyone was starting with a clean slate and that we would all be treated equally under the new rules, I was optimistic.

Not now. They know what they did to Maniac was wrong and not fair or equal but they aren't good enough humans to do the right thing. If I get banned for calling the mods out so be it.

The only thing they are accomplishing with their actions is to destroy these forums. Less people means less ad revenue and less interest in Steelers talk. Not a smart business decision. Could have all been avoided if they actually enforced papillon's phony rules from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Prowler; 12-19-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    They aren't overworked, I can assure you of that. Simply put the moderators don't want to their jobs in a fair, equal and consistent manner. They ignore their own rules, and only apply those rules and punishments to the posters they dislike. That is a fact. They need to be called out for it.

I know because I tried to avoid certain posters who were being jerks and I ended up getting banned for reporting the rule breaking to the moderators for these infractions. Nothing happened to those posters whom were in clear violation of the rules at the time. My only crime being that I didn't engage with the jerk posters. The evidence was right there in front of their eyes too see and they did nothing about it. I have never forgotten that unfair treatment.

So when papillon posted that everyone was starting with a clean slate and that we would all be treated equally under the new rules, I was optimistic.

Not now. They know what they did to Maniac was wrong and not fair or equal but they aren't good enough humans to do the right thing. If I get banned for calling the mods out so be it.

The only thing they are accomplishing with their actions is to destroy these forums. Less people means less ad revenue and less interest in Steelers talk. Not a smart business decision. Could have all been avoided if they actually enforced papillon's phony rules from the very beginning.
    Yea, I’m not sure what the real situation is and who are actually the mods, how many does this site have , how many does it need, how do you become one etc. that’s why I’m asking.
    I don’t understand the whole cloak and dagger stuff. Any time someone asks who the mods are, nobody replies.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the mods are fine. I am a member of a non-football site for collectibles. The mods there are drunk with power and have banned people for little to no reason.

I was put on a 30-day ban there (I could post but mods had to approve) for a rule that no one can show where it exists.

I will buy the collectibles I want but I told them it would be a cold day in Hell if I ever posted again. That type of police state is not good for any site.

We are all adults and big boys and girls.

I think this one is run just about right.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 12-19-2023 at 05:38 PM.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think the mods are fine. I am a member of a non-football site for collectibles. The mods there are drunk with power and have banned people for little to no reason.

I was put on a 30-day ban there (I could post but mods had to approve) for a rule that no one can show where it exists.

I will buy the collectibles I want but I told them it would be a cold day in Hell if I ever posted again. That type of police state is not good for any site.

Do you know who they are?
    Do you think it’s right to change the rules and retroactively punish people for past infractions while doling out bans for some because they exceeded the new made up number that magically allowed 2 to stay but not the other.
    I don’t care if there are zero rules or 100 . Just enforce them equally.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post

Very well put.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Very well put.
    What would you think if all three got permanent bans?
    What would you think if you got banned for something you did before it was a rule?
    What if the other two got permanent and the other was allowed to return?

Legend

User Info Menu

What would you think if all three got permanent bans?
    What would you think if you got banned for something you did before it was a rule?
    What if the other two got permanent and the other was allowed to return?
    If you go back and read the entire post SM agreed to what was proposed.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!