Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Help

Legend

User Info Menu

Board Help

I'm not sure who to direct this to but I've got a board issue. I've been using microsoft edge browser and it's been fine up until a recent update. Now the board pages are not formatting correctly. Did a little poking around and saw that the board is being run on vBulletin 4.2.5. According to that software's website that version is no longer being supported with the latest updates. I really don't want to load the Chrome browser if I can avoid it. Anyone else having a problem with Edge?Also, are there plans for the board to update the software with the most recent version of vBulletin?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm not sure who to direct this to but I've got a board issue. I've been using microsoft edge browser and it's been fine up until a recent update. Now the board pages are not formatting correctly. Did a little poking around and saw that the board is being run on vBulletin 4.2.5. According to that software's website that version is no longer being supported with the latest updates. I really don't want to load the Chrome browser if I can avoid it. Anyone else having a problem with Edge?Also, are there plans for the board to update the software with the most recent version of vBulletin?
    This is the reason that I was off the board for a while.

I usually use Brave and the same thing happened. White screen with links like it was 1999.

Brave has some build in add blocker stuff. And when I tried turning it off (I think they call it "shields down" mode), the site showed up normal again.

Not sure if that will help with edge.

I wonder if it has something to do with the safety certificate of the site? The site also says it's not secure in the browser.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This is the reason that I was off the board for a while.I usually use Brave and the same thing happened. White screen with links like it was 1999.Brave has some build in add blocker stuff. And when I tried turning it off (I think they call it "shields down" mode), the site showed up normal again.Not sure if that will help with edge.I wonder if it has something to do with the safety certificate of the site? The site also says it's not secure in the browser.
    Thanks NB. Good point on the ad blocker. I'll check the settings and see if I can get it working again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chuck Noll could have used some Board help, but he cut Dwaine Board shortly after drafting him in the 5th round in 1979, after which he was scooped up by and went on to have a nice career with the Niners. Was as a big part of multiple Super Bowl winners.

OK, this is now an on-topic thread.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 12-09-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Patch up grade? If you stay on 4.2.5 see the known Microsoft Edge issues.

Chrome is better. Don't knock it until you try it.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Patch up grade? If you stay on 4.2.5 see the known Microsoft Edge issues.

Chrome is better. Don't knock it until you try it.
    I get the same issue with Chrome. But I think it might be because I use Chrome with an add blocker.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Use Firefox. No issues with how this is formatting; however, it does point out that the pages aren't secure (some type of messge like that).

Legend

User Info Menu

I had to switch to FireFox this morning.

Seems a bit clunky now.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I get the same issue with Chrome. But I think it might be because I use Chrome with an add blocker.
    Glad I'm not the only one.

I can't get the board to display well in either Edge or Chrome as of a few days ago. It comes up as some 1990s looking message board. I installed Firefox (which I'm using now) and it seems to work. Does anyone know of a fix for Edge or Chrome? I deleted cache and cookies, etc. and still doesn't work. I'd hate to have to use Firefox just to access one website. But hey, when it comes to the Steelers, I'll do anything necessary . . .

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one.

I can't get the board to display well in either Edge or Chrome as of a few days ago. It comes up as some 1990s looking message board. I installed Firefox (which I'm using now) and it seems to work. Does anyone know of a fix for Edge or Chrome? I deleted cache and cookies, etc. and still doesn't work. I'd hate to have to use Firefox just to access one website. But hey, when it comes to the Steelers, I'll do anything necessary . . .
    ME web page script reader says there are pages that are not secure. Also said there are functions that will be deprecated in the future on Chrome.
    I think the admins will need to get their web designers working on this.