Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After this Season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The worst thing for me is it's making me feel apathetic towards a team I've loved since I was a little kid. It's just draining. I come on here and still watch games out of force of habit but the team hasn't been enjoyable to actually watch in a long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think seeing Mitch play as the backup sums up our FO, Tomlin and Rooney.

It's the perfect example of where we are as a franchise.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    If the Steelers still have Tomlin heading into next season, I'm done with the team. I will not watch another Steelers game after this season, if he's still at the helm.

I mean why bother? The team has no chance to win and the games are no longer fun to watch. The entire team is uninspired, undisciplined and the coaching staff blows. By the way NFL, the referees and rules suck!
    That's a huge contingent commitment on your part. It's very likely that Tomlin will be the coach next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The worst part is all the expectations for KP to take the next step and build off last season.

I remember going to training camp and seeing so many more people there. There was more hype going into this season than I have ever seen.

Kinda makes the let down so much worse.
    this is exactly right

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Steelers are flawed on multiple levels:

1. Rooney is the new, modern day Papa Bear Halas of old age. In his old age, Halas held the Bears franchise back for decades because he too kept operating the team like it was the 1950's. That's what Rooney is doing now in his hiring practices of assistant coaches and coordinators and use of free agency.

2. No franchise QB. Now, we haven't made the playoffs since Ben left and we won't again this season. We need a legit, franchise QB to really have a chance to win IN TODAY'S NFL!! Teams that have legitimate championship aspiration have a legit franchise QB. We need one. By any means necessary.

3. Teams that are winning also have a combination of a good head coach & a legit franchise QB. We have neither. And when you have neither, we see the results as we are spiraling downward now.
    Would you prefer a modern owner like Tepper?

And those expecting Tomlin to be gone in 2024 can line up your other fall activities. Rooney will not fire Tomlin before his contract is up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Would you prefer a modern owner like Tepper?

And those expecting Tomlin to be gone in 2024 can line up your other fall activities. Rooney will not fire Tomlin before his contract is up.
    Agree that Rooney will definitely not fire Tomlin but I do think there is a pretty decent chance Tomlin is done after this season if things continue to spiral downward. It'll be a retirement/break whatever. If he isn't given an extension it doesn't really make sense for him to come back but then again this team the last few seasons has been making moves that don't really make sense to me so I guess it's possible.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If the Steelers still have Tomlin heading into next season, I'm done with the team. I will not watch another Steelers game after this season, if he's still at the helm.

I mean why bother? The team has no chance to win and the games are no longer fun to watch. The entire team is uninspired, undisciplined and the coaching staff blows. By the way NFL, the referees and rules suck!
    Well brother you are done with this team. Mike T will be the coach next year. Art II is not going to fire Mike T.

We have only experienced this poor QB play for two years. I know people say Ben was bad his last couple years but when Ben was playing I always felt we had a chance.
    How old are you people? We may have this experience for 15 more years. Been there done that. Franchise QBS are tough to find.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, I find myself starting to do other things on game day. A couple of times this season I went out and did other things instead of watching the entire game. I've never missed any parts of a game until this season. Always had to make sure I'm home to watch them. Now, I just don't care anymore. I've seen the team not caring for the last several years so why should I?
    right on! why would I keep wasting my time on this garbage when they won?t make changes?.I have boycotted buying any Steeler gear gear or going games for several years now...will continue until something major changes in the right direction?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Well brother you are done with this team. Mike T will be the coach next year. Art II is not going to fire Mike T.

We have only experienced this poor QB play for two years. I know people say Ben was bad his last couple years but when Ben was playing I always felt we had a chance.
    How old are you people? We may have this experience for 15 more years. Been there done that. Franchise QBS are tough to find.
    If I'm done with the team because the organization decides to keep Tomlin next year then so be it. There are many other things that are enjoyable to do in life and the team isn't fun to watch anymore. In the greater scheme of things football is not entertaining to me these days. So why not do something else?

It's a little sad that my days as a fan are likely going to be over as I have many great memories related to Steelers football. I expect that many other fans around the league will eventually abandon the NFL. It's inevitable when the product is so bad. It might not happen right away but if the games keep producing poor entertainment value there will be a fan exodus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I couldn't agree more that this team is just a stinker to watch week in and week out. It's been this way for about 4 years or so, but it's progressively getting worse. Most of the players are just spoiled babies and I can hardly watch them. The coaching is just abysmal. I want to get fired up and watch them, but it's just becoming a chore to sit and watch this garbage.

-Joos, out
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION