Thread: Conner says all the right things but?

Legend

User Info Menu

Conner says all the right things but?

Talks love and appreciation for the Steelers BUT?.

Does his TONE not sound like a man looking to do everything he can to avenge his dismissal?

If I am the Cardinals, this guy gets season high carries.

Sorry but videos are not sticking for me on my phone (and DESPITE Prowler and Hawaiians smack I KNOW how to post videos and live links)

https://youtu.be/_Urc-isZhng?si=9DZaw5GXTJ5T6c5y

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Sorry but videos are not sticking for me on my phone (and DESPITE Prowler and Hawaiians smack I KNOW how to post videos and live links)

https://youtu.be/_Urc-isZhng?si=9DZaw5GXTJ5T6c5y
    I'm going to have my IT guy check to see if you and Bawb live within 20 miles of each other.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Talks love and appreciation for the Steelers BUT?.

Does his TONE not sound like a man looking to do everything he can to avenge his dismissal?

If I am the Cardinals, this guy gets season high carries.

you have to use the space bar. Something changed where I now can't type unless I hit the space bar once to the right. It's not recognizing the first key stroke when you hit return for some reason.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-30-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's got the potential to have a big game for sure. Put nearly 100 yds on DAL (Dobbs added another 50+). I'd like to see Kazee come off the field in favor of Thompson playing down in the box and also to shadow Murray. He's a bigger safety built for that role.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He's got the potential to have a big game for sure. Put nearly 100 yds on DAL (Dobbs added another 50+). I'd like to see Kazee come off the field in favor of Thompson playing down in the box and also to shadow Murray. He's a bigger safety built for that role.
    The Dallas game was a lifetime ago.. Dobbs is gone and so is the threat of a QB running.

Conner had 27 yards last game vs the Rams.

Conner had 47 yards on the ground vs the Bengals.

and RB’s catching passes has been a weakness of ours but Conner doesn’t do that well this year.

I will be mad if we give up 100 to him. He has only rushed for more than 75 yards twice this season.

We know he can do damage when he gets rolling but our D has also been impressive against the run lately.

I like to use this site because it shows the last 3 games which gives a clearer picture of where a team is now.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...yards-per-game

Last 3 games rushing defense.

Steelers: 5th - 79 yds per game
    Cardinals: 32nd - 174 yds per game

Last 3 games rushing offense.
    Steelers: 1st -176 yds per game
    Arizona: 20th - 73 yds per game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Conner enjoying the last laugh today

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Steelers are 7-5 and in the thick of the playoff race. The Cards are out. Final laugh, Steelers.

I am happy for Conner for all that he had to overcome in life. He achieved financial security for himself. Conner is an inspiration.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 12-03-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The Steelers are 7-5 and in the thick of the playoff race. The Cards are out. Final laugh, Steelers.
    Final laugh, yes. But today, Conner showed up his former team. I take no joy in it, but you can bet Conner found it satisfying.

Banned

User Info Menu

Yep. He’s still in the league while Leveon Bell is out pretending he’s a boxer. lol

Banned

User Info Menu

Final laugh, yes. But today, Conner showed up his former team. I take no joy in it, but you can bet Conner found it satisfying.
    Final laugh has not been determined. We could very easily be out the hunt in 3 weeks. We will be struggling mightily ; even more so now with Trubumly at QB.