Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFCN Knows Defense

Legend

User Info Menu

AFCN Knows Defense

Looks like they are copying what the Steelers have always known:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2piQj8x][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2piQj8x]capture1[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Cleveland has a damn fine defense. Baltimore always has had one.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

Sign Mason Rudolph

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Btw, if Pickett can't have a blowout game against ARZ and NE then I'm not sure he's the guy. Those pass defenses are horrendous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Btw, if Pickett can't have a blowout game against ARZ and NE then I'm not sure he's the guy. Those pass defenses are horrendous.
    I am not sure you are going to see an aerial circus in Pittsburgh no matter the QB.

We have a strong run game and that will pay huge dividends in January. You need balance as well to keep the defense honest.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 11-30-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

Sign Mason Rudolph

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

If they win the games and the offense looks as good or better than this past weekend then I don't need Pickett to pass for 300 yards and 3 TDs. Right now, I'm good with a game manager that doesn't turn it over and makes some plays in the red zone (which Pickett hasn't done yet). The defense and running game should carry the day for the Steelers, for now.

Pappy

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If they win the games and the offense looks as good or better than this past weekend then I don't need Pickett to pass for 300 yards and 3 TDs. Right now, I'm good with a game manager that doesn't turn it over and makes some plays in the red zone (which Pickett hasn't done yet). The defense and running game should carry the day for the Steelers, for now.

Pappy
    Before this season started many fans said they expected a playoff win this year. I struggle to see the team winning one with a QB throwing for 150 yds. If Pickett is the man he's got to start showing flashes before the post season. Sure, you can win with a Ryan Tannehill but that means the rest of the team needs perfect execution. Just a much tougher route.
    There are a few games that should be layups for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not all on Pickett. Most blowouts include defensive turnovers, short fields, and good rushing...

Legend

User Info Menu

NE doesn’t have a bad pass defense. Their defense isn’t the problem.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Before this season started many fans said they expected a playoff win this year. I struggle to see the team winning one with a QB throwing for 150 yds. If Pickett is the man he's got to start showing flashes before the post season. Sure, you can win with a Ryan Tannehill but that means the rest of the team needs perfect execution. Just a much tougher route.
    There are a few games that should be layups for him.
    For the record, this guy said 3 year plan from the moment Pickett took the field as a rookie:
    Year 1 - develop Pickett, go .500ish
    Year 2 - MAKE playoffs <? you are here
    Year 3 - contender

Year 2 playoff win is a bonus.

Now that Canada is gone, the team is right on schedule?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    For the record, this guy said 3 year plan from the moment Pickett took the field as a rookie:
    Year 1 - develop Pickett, go .500ish
    Year 2 - MAKE playoffs <? you are here
    Year 3 - contender

Year 2 playoff win is a bonus.

Now that Canada is gone, the team is right on schedule?

year 2) full year as starter we are here
    year 3) deep playoff run
    year 4) SB appearance
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"