Thread: Quarterback film breakdown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quarterback film breakdown

I have been watching JT O'Sullivan's break down of the Steeler offense that past few weeks. He's really good at showing nuance in the offense, good play design, bad play design, good quarterback play and bad quarterback play. If you're a football junkie this is worth your time to listen to a former quarterback break down Pickett's footwork, ball placement, reads, both good and bad. He breaks down pass pro by linemen and backs, its a good watch.

If you have the time, search for his break down of week 11 and then watch this one.

Pappy

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I have been watching JT O'Sullivan's break down of the Steeler offense that past few weeks. He's really good at showing nuance in the offense, good play design, bad play design, good quarterback play and bad quarterback play. If you're a football junkie this is worth your time to listen to a former quarterback break down Pickett's footwork, ball placement, reads, both good and bad. He breaks down pass pro by linemen and backs, its a good watch.

If you have the time, search for his break down of week 11 and then watch this one.

Pappy
    Very nice. I’m sure Windy will like this.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I like JT, but need a fast forward version, seems he could do these in half the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Love these videos.

Last week, JT was mostly laughing at the offense. This week, he's throwing out praise like "beautiful design", "great anticipation", "outstanding", "love it", "beautiful throw" and "it's got to be absolutely sickening to Canada having to sit here and watch this offense come out, be aggressive down the field and hook all these up".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I like JT, but need a fast forward version, seems he could do these in half the time.
    I watch it on 1.5X speed

best thing Youtube has ever done
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I like it because he goes over it as if he's reviewing game film in a meeting room, over and over until you understand what is happening. Being only a casual observer of Xs & Os this is enlightening for me. I get a better idea of what to watch for during a game. You can always drag the timer ahead to get to the next play as well.

Pappy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Love these videos.

Last week, JT was mostly laughing at the offense. This week, he's throwing out praise like "beautiful design", "great anticipation", "outstanding", "love it", "beautiful throw" and "it's got to be absolutely sickening to Canada having to sit here and watch this offense come out, be aggressive down the field and hook all these up".
    I particularly like how he identifies Warren, Harris and Pickett by name and Johnson is always '18' never by his name. He is not a fan of DJ.

Pappy

Backup

User Info Menu

I particularly like how he identifies Warren, Harris and Pickett by name and Johnson is always '18' never by his name. He is not a fan of DJ.

Pappy
    It's pretty tough to be a fan of DJ after the Bengals game. As someone who played football......it's unimaginable to see someone give absolutely zero effort on the field.