Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How to Detect a Locker Room Cancer

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    How to Detect a Locker Room Cancer

    I think by now we've seen the signs of locker room cancers over the last several years.

    First there was Bryant and Brown. The we had Claypool and now DJ.

    It is very easy to detect these cancers by their body language on and off the field.

    Plus these jerks just up and quit on the team deciding not to try at all on plays just like the crybaby DJ did yesterday.

    I was the first to call these 4 locker room cancers before anyone else. I received a lot of crap for this.

    And I'm telling you now there needs to be some kind of intervention for Pickens as well, before its too late.

    I don't know how the hell we keep finding these guys but can we please go back to finding true warriors like Hines Ward at WR.









  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I think by now we've seen the signs of locker room cancers over the last several years.

    First there was Bryant and Brown. The we had Claypool and now DJ.

    It is very easy to detect these cancers by their body language on and off the field.

    Plus these jerks just up and quit on the team deciding not to try at all on plays just like the crybaby DJ did yesterday.

    I was the first to call these 4 locker room cancers before anyone else. I received a lot of crap for this.

    And I'm telling you now there needs to be some kind of intervention for Pickens as well, before its too late.

    I don't know how the hell we keep finding these guys but can we please go back to finding true warriors like Hines Ward at WR.
    It’s tough because so many WR are divas.

    I honestly think most of them settle down when they get to pro bowl status - Hines made some questionable comments early in his career…

    in what this offense *was* it would be easy for a wr to get frustrated.

    here is to hoping that an improved passing game shuts them all up
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025



  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    It?s tough because so many WR are divas.

    I honestly think most of them settle down when they get to pro bowl status - Hines made some questionable comments early in his career?

    in what this offense *was* it would be easy for a wr to get frustrated.



    here is to hoping that an improved passing game shuts them all up
    You're right. The offense infuriated me under Canada. I can't imagine how much worse it would be for the players. Definitely a valid point.









  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I think by now we've seen the signs of locker room cancers over the last several years.

    First there was Bryant and Brown. The we had Claypool and now DJ.

    It is very easy to detect these cancers by their body language on and off the field.

    Plus these jerks just up and quit on the team deciding not to try at all on plays just like the crybaby DJ did yesterday.

    I was the first to call these 4 locker room cancers before anyone else. I received a lot of crap for this.

    And I'm telling you now there needs to be some kind of intervention for Pickens as well, before its too late.

    I don't know how the hell we keep finding these guys but can we please go back to finding true warriors like Hines Ward at WR.
    I will debate you on who was first on Brown and Pickens (who despite recent outbursts is a WAY bigger diva than Deonte imo). I was pretty early on both. OV was way ahead of the curve on Brown too.

    Dont know who was first but several saw it early.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    You're right. The offense infuriated me under Canada. I can't imagine how much worse it would be for the players. Definitely a valid point.
    Yes, this is why I dont know if this is a pure LOOK AT ME selfish diva move. I think his outburst was about Canada, and if it contributed to his firing… not gonna judge too harshly.

    That said I simply don’t love him as a player at his salary.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I am holding out hopes for Pickens, but it wouldn't hurt my feeling if we had new WRs next season. Maybe give Austin another year to develop.

    I have spoke out against DJ many times here and he has no guaranteed money next season but a hefty dead cap hit. I'd try and move him, FD mentioned Carolina.

    That play with the fumble was pathetic, he needs benched for at least a half but it won't happen.

    As Tomlin states: "I will tolerate you until I can replace you."
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    My early 2024 draft:

    1.) OT - Amarius Mims, OT - Georgia
    2.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    3.) DE - Jered Verse, DE - Florida State
    4a.) ILB - Jerimiah Trotter LB - Clemson
    4b.) QB - Mike Pratt - QB - Tulane
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) LB -Marist Liufau ILB - Notre Dame

    UDFA: P, WR, S. C

    We don't apologize for winning!

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes, this is why I dont know if this is a pure LOOK AT ME selfish diva move. I think his outburst was about Canada, and if it contributed to his firing… not gonna judge too harshly.

    That said I simply don’t love him as a player at his salary.
    Honestly think that signing was out of need. Claypool was there, but was a question mark. Juju was gone. There wasn’t anyone dependable.

    But, you have an elite route runner with average hands who likes to run backwards… how rough do you want to make it in your young QB?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025



  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    WRs were divas 10-20 years ago, but now I can't really think of any. Diggs maybe?

    For some reason, we seem to collect and/or tolerate this crap more than any other team. Divas like TO, Chad Johnson, etc were way worse than DJ. Of course they were also much better players too. But really, what other team/coach has produced more diva WRs than the Steelers and Tomlin?

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I am holding out hopes for Pickens, but it wouldn't hurt my feeling if we had new WRs next season. Maybe give Austin another year to develop.

    I have spoke out against DJ many times here and he has no guaranteed money next season but a hefty dead cap hit. I'd try and move him, FD mentioned Carolina.

    That play with the fumble was pathetic, he needs benched for at least a half but it won't happen.

    As Tomlin states: "I will tolerate you until I can replace you."
    Meh, there's no reason Tomlin couldn't bench him for a half. We're not that dependent on him. And it might do a lot more good, long term, to send a message to the team that this kind of crap is not gonna be tolerated, not even if you are making more $$$ than any other player on our offense.

    Bench him. Give Tiny a chance to take his place and see what he can do.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    WRs were divas 10-20 years ago, but now I can't really think of any. Diggs maybe?

    For some reason, we seem to collect and/or tolerate this crap more than any other team. Divas like TO, Chad Johnson, etc were way worse than DJ. Of course they were also much better players too. But really, what other team/coach has produced more diva WRs than the Steelers and Tomlin?
    I would suggest were you not a Steeler fan you’d have less knowledge of our drama. Works both ways.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •