Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: ehh, I was wrong.. SOD was actually right, lol . Najee still is that dude

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    ehh, I was wrong.. SOD was actually right, lol . Najee still is that dude

    Najee ran like a man possessed vs the Bengals. 15 carries/99yards and a TD.

    Najee wasn't finishing runs like this all season. It's like Canada sucked the talent out of Najee, Kenny and Muth with his play calling. I just wish DJ was also included in this list but he still is a head case.

    I still like what Warren brings but Najee is no slouch if he isn't getting hit 3 yards behind the LOS. I really hope Najee continues finishing runs like this. It's like Faulkner put a no jumping clause in the game plan this week. An occasional hurdle is nice when it works but a stiff arm or shoulder works much better. Who wants to tackle that all game at the second level?

    The running game is looking real good these days. We all win when we have 2 RB's playing this well.

    Just protect the ball Warren and we are going to be a problem now that Canada is gone.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    As i said, if this young offense gets on-track they will be fun to watch.

    Good all-around effort yesterday, let's build on it.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    My early 2024 draft:

    1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

    UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

    Sign Mason Rudolph

    We don't apologize for winning!

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    As i said, if this young offense gets on-track they will be fun to watch.

    Good all-around effort yesterday, let's build on it.
    while we didn't score as much as we should've given all that offense between the 20's. It was FUN to watch this offense yesterday.

    Looks like this OC combo is all about the TE's getting looks which is huge for us and gives Kenny a bunch of confidence. If I remember correctly his last year at Pitt he had decent TE play along with Addison.

    Last year at Pitt the 2 tight ends combined for 66 receptions, 780 yards, 10TDs.

    looking forward to see how we attack the Patriots on Thursday.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    while we didn't score as much as we should've given all that offense between the 20's. It was FUN to watch this offense yesterday.

    Looks like this OC combo is all about the TE's getting looks which is huge for us and gives Kenny a bunch of confidence. If I remember correctly his last year at Pitt he had decent TE play along with Addison.

    Last year at Pitt the 2 tight ends combined for 66 receptions, 780 yards, 10TDs.

    looking forward to see how we attack the Patriots on Thursday.
    Well, we have the Cards first, then Pats**. If there ever was a time to beat Belicheat it is now. Let's get this monkey off our back.

    I hope we don't overlook the Cards looking at the Pats** game. No trap game, please.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    My early 2024 draft:

    1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

    UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

    Sign Mason Rudolph

    We don't apologize for winning!

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Well, we have the Cards first, then Pats**. If there ever was a time to beat Belicheat it is now. Let's get this monkey off our back.

    I hope we don't overlook the Cards looking at the Pats** game. No trap game, please.
    Damn.. for some reason I thought the Thursday night game was this week. I was happy we escaped relatively injury free before a Thursday game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Gut busting laugh. Didn’t expect this for reals..

    But, like you said BOTH are good. But there is a significant difference in power - the big difference is that Najee touches were all telegraphed.

    Guys tend to have better stats when they are not getting hit behind the LOS
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025



  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Gut busting laugh. Didn’t expect this for reals..

    But, like you said BOTH are good. But there is a significant difference in power - the big difference is that Najee touches were all telegraphed.

    Guys tend to have better stats when they are not getting hit behind the LOS
    LMAO.. I have no issues making a thread to give Najee his props.

    I didn't see who started last game but I think Warren is getting more attention after his last game and we see its tougher sledding when the D is keying on you
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    That one run, where Najee plowed into the defense and kept his legs churning and then suddenly emerged for a long gain, was a thing of beauty. I was stunned when he got through all that traffic.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    It seems Najee gives 120% when he feels his job might be on the line. Wish he ran like that every week. Weirder is it seemed like Warren couldn't break that first tackle yesterday like he usually does.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    It seems Najee gives 120% when he feels his job might be on the line. Wish he ran like that every week. Weirder is it seemed like Warren couldn't break that first tackle yesterday like he usually does.
    its like they traded places.

    I think opening up the game throwing deep over the middle made them back up. Sure, they aren’t that good but we also saw Najee running downhill.

    Lastly, I think we saw Warren struggle because he was getting the Najee treatment. When he came in the Bengals were focused on stopping him. Much harder to run when you are hit at or behind the LOS.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •