Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel is NOT right about Najee

Legend

User Info Menu

Joel is NOT right about Najee

We had TWO threads giving Joel props for saying Warren is better than Najee.

But his REAL POINT is less propping Warren than ripping Najee.

I like Warren better too but Najee is REALLY GOOD.

We have the luxury of having TWO legit starter caliber backs either of whom are pro bowl worthy in the right scenario.

Joel says that Najee is just a slow slug who cannot be an effective starter in this era.

He could not be more wrong.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree, I still think Najee is the #1, Warren puts the ball on the ground too much. Can't do that with a low-scoring offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

have been saying it for a few years now. glad they are both Steelers............ that being said, how anyone can not see that Harris is a legit starting RB is beyond me.
    he is dependable, never fumbles and does all the dirty work.

Legend

User Info Menu

I?m glad we have both as well, a nice 1-2 punch but Warren has dropped the rock recently. Ball security was the knock on him coming out of college.

Najee ran hard and angry today, and I was glad to see he didn?t try to hurdle on one of his later runs, he trucked the DB.

Not to pile on, but Joel is wrong on drafting a QB in round 1. Not.Going.To.Happen.

Hes also wrong on Mark Robinson. Not going to start anytime soon.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Joel is wrong? Color me shocked!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I?m glad we have both as well, a nice 1-2 punch but Warren has dropped the rock recently. Ball security was the knock on him coming out of college.

Najee ran hard and angry today, and I was glad to see he didn?t try to hurdle on one of his later runs, he trucked the DB.

Not to pile on, but Joel is wrong on drafting a QB in round 1. Not.Going.To.Happen.

Hes also wrong on Mark Robinson. Not going to start anytime soon.
    I think Joel is right about Warren being more versatile. He can run outside and take it to the house. However, when Najee runs like THIS he is the better RB.

I hadn't see Najee run like this in a long time. I think all the talk about Warren replacing him sparked something.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    well, this is what I say about making negative predictions. The only way you can be "right" is if we lose/fail and I just can't do that as a fan.

I still think Warren is the future for this offense but Najee has something to say about it and I'm not mad at all if he keeps running like a man possessed.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    and Steel Maniac was wrong as usual (color me also shocked) about Jaylen Warren now being the starting RB.

Najee Harris today:

15 carries for 99 yds (6.6 yds/avg) with a long run of 22 yds and one TD.

Jaylen Warren today:

13 carries for 49 yds (3.8 yds/avg) with a long run of 9 yds and zero TDs.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well, this is what I say about making negative predictions. The only way you can be "right" is if we lose/fail and I just can't do that as a fan.

I still think Warren is the future for this offense but Najee has something to say about it and I'm not mad at all if he keeps running like a man possessed.
    YES 100 percent.
    THIS is why I don’t get all the desire to live negative.

If we WIN you look like an idiot.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think Joel is right about Warren being more versatile. He can run outside and take it to the house. However, when Najee runs like THIS he is the better RB.

I hadn't see Najee run like this in a long time. I think all the talk about Warren replacing him sparked something.
    He finally had REAL play calling that was NOT:

oh Najee is in. Run him between tackles. Wow, can’t believe that didn’t work.

He is better, more complete… Warren is a nice change of pace.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington