Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel is NOT right about Najee

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yeah I wrong!

Harris who is coming off his game this year is 23rd in the NFL rushing yardage with a poor 3.9 yards a carry.

But don't take my word on it buddy. See the below link and the truth.

If only we can play the Bengals without Joe Burrow every week he might actually be good then.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...23/rushing.htm

-JB
    Oh Joel, you are the GIFT that keeps on giving.
    When Im done you gonna need a snorkel to BREATHE through the egg on your face.

Thanks for the link. If you know that site they dont update til MONDAY.

NAJEE HARRIS YPC IS CURRENTLY 4.2

Here are other notable rushers who you have ROUTINELY compared to Najee:

Etienne 3.7 (Your boy who we should have drafted?)
    Henry 4.2
    Barkley 4.2

Again YOUR link:
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-27-2023 at 01:18 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Harris still has a habit of taking a small sidestep when handed the ball. This is what cuts down on his burst at the line. You don't see that with Warren.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Oh Joel, you are the GIFT that keeps on giving.
    When Im done you gonna need a snorkel to BREATHE through the egg on your face.

Thanks for the link. If you know that site they dont update til MONDAY.

NAJEE HARRIS YPC IS CURRENTLY 4.2

Here are other notable rushers who you have ROUTINELY compared to Najee:

Etienne 3.7 (Your boy who we should have drafted?)
    Henry 4.2
    Barkley 4.2

Again YOUR link:
    and I told Joel last year, in games where Etienne YPC was less than 4 yards they win, in games where he had high YPC they lost.

Mostert is the only RB averaging over 5 YPC with more than 150 touches and that's because they played a ridiculously soft schedule to start the year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Harris still has a habit of taking a small sidestep when handed the ball. This is what cuts down on his burst at the line. You don't see that with Warren.
    well that lack of side step didn't help Warren last game.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

This is true and it hurts him at times. He tries to get too cute and act like he is a small quick back. Or like Bell used to do. But he aint that guy.

Just slam into where the hole is supposed to be. He has the power to turn a no gain into 3 or 4 yards if he hits is hard with commitment.

That said this small back sidestep is EXACTLY what he did on his score.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-27-2023 at 01:46 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

This is true and it hurts him at times. He tries to get too cute and act like he is a small quick back. Or like Bell used to do. But he aint that guy.

Just slam into where the hole is supposed to be. He has the power to turn a no gain into 3 or 4 yards if he hits is hard with commitment.

That said this small back sidestep is EXACTLY what he did on his score.
    yeah, not a fan of slamming into a hole that isn't there unless its short yardage. I think we saw Najee with much better vision and he bounced some runs outside which was impressive. I think part of the problem was Najee slamming into the OL when there wasn't a hole. Warren would run around the traffic and find a hole.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not ready to crown Harris for having a good game against one of the worst run defenses in the league. I think a wet paper towel would have been more resistance. Warren got 100+ yards against a better rated defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not ready to crown Harris for having a good game against one of the worst run defenses in the league. I think a wet paper towel would have been more resistance. Warren got 100+ yards against a better rated defense.
    I agree. In truth who cares?

My opinion? If I had to CHOOSE ONE today as a player? Im taking Warren. But that might or might not be correct.

BUT I DONT HAVE TO CHOOSE.

Despite my stated opinion above I personally have ALWAYS prefer Najee start because we have an established pecking order and I feel Najee’s leadership and he already was playing well.

Why upset the cart.

From the back/oline pow-wows to his apparent contributions to recent changes Najee’s fingerprints are all over the place. Keep that man engaged.

As much as people complain about the HOSTAGE thing they sure seem bent on CREATING THEM.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-27-2023 at 02:35 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ahhh, I see you have spent and entire night finding some justification for the egg on your face.

Najee is still bad. It is just that Cincy has a trash defense?

What exactly is Warrens excuse?
    I figured someone had beat me to this obvious flaw in his point
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Legend

User Info Menu

Wait… didnt he play against the bengals too?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025