Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    He finally had REAL play calling
    THIS

amazing how much real play calling can help

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    would Burrow have tackled him?
    I think his theory is Burrow would score points so we would pass more and then Najee wouldn't have a chance to go beast mode on the defense
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think his theory is Burrow would score points so we would pass more and then Najee wouldn't have a chance to go beast mode on the defense
    I understand the theory. and the agenda.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    would Burrow have tackled him?
    The both play offense so I don't see how this would happen. But I will say that during a return the Sincity Bengal Joe Burrow would not be above tripping him if Harris was on the field.

The defense if SinCity gives up a ton of yard per game. Look here.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/defense
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 11-27-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yeah I wrong!

Harris who is coming off his game this year is 23rd in the NFL rushing yardage with a poor 3.9 yards a carry.

But don't take my word on it buddy. See the below link and the truth.

If only we can play the Bengals without Joe Burrow every week he might actually be good then.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...23/rushing.htm

-JB
    It seems that you are convinced that a RB operates independently of everything else.

like play calling doesn?t matter.
    like defensive matchups don?t matter.

One of those 2 guys consistently faced 8 in the box. Predictable play calling caused this.

For this game, play calling was more balanced, regardless of which RB was on the field.

Honestly, if ya give me that scenario, I would be happy with whichever RB shines. That will change week to week because they are both good.

Just don?t telegraph the plays
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Legend

User Info Menu

The both play offense so I don't see how this would happen. But I will say that during a return the Sincity Bengal Joe Burrow would not be above tripping him if Harris was on the field.

The defense if SinCity gives up a ton of yard per game. Look here.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/defense
    so, since the Bengals give up tons of yards on defense why would Najee struggle if Burrow was playing?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Reality is Harris has constantly faced defenses that basically know he's going to run it and in some cases know the play. He even alluded to this last week. I think fans don't realize or expectations are unrealistic. I remember in his rookie season there was a play where the run play was to the outside and immediately there were 4 defenders there and I saw a comment of someone saying well he could've done a better job there lol. No RB is doing a better job in some of these situations he's been in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    It seems that you are convinced that a RB operates independently of everything else.

like play calling doesn?t matter.
    like defensive matchups don?t matter.

One of those 2 guys consistently faced 8 in the box. Predictable play calling caused this.

For this game, play calling was more balanced, regardless of which RB was on the field.

Honestly, if ya give me that scenario, I would be happy with whichever RB shines. That will change week to week because they are both good.

Just don?t telegraph the plays
    Defensive matchup do matter. Not that Tomlin game plans for them.

In our last game we were up against the Cincinnati Bengals, without Joe Burrow.

Do you know that Sincity is in the bottom five in rushing yards against, giving up a league high 5 yards a carry. Now wonder the Steelers / Harris looked very good running the ball.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-stats/cincinnati-bengalshttps://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-sta...innati-bengals
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If we use Najee right, he can make this O better - including KP and Jaylen. His style has to make things more fun for the OLine too.

No one wants to have to tackle him. He?s a load. And he is such a load people will have to load up to slow him down opening up play action and the passing game.

Then when guys are worn out, Jaylen can come run over by and thru them.

Plus big backs are the ones that are usually more durable with the longer careers. He?s built to carry the load. No need to wear down Jaylen.
    Generally you want power late against tired fronts. Done masterfully by Cowher with Fast Willie and Bettis. Did similar with Pegram and Bam.

Ya know EVERY TIME we had a good thunder and lightning we ended the season in the SB.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Defensive matchup do matter. Not that Tomlin game plans for them.

In our last game we were up against the Cincinnati Bengals, without Joe Burrow.

Do you know that Sincity is in the bottom five in rushing yards against, giving up a league high 5 yards a carry. Now wonder the Steelers / Harris looked very good running the ball.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-stats/cincinnati-bengalshttps://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-sta...innati-bengals
    Ahhh, I see you have spent and entire night finding some justification for the egg on your face.

Najee is still bad. It is just that Cincy has a trash defense?

What exactly is Warrens excuse?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-27-2023 at 12:41 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher