Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin just gave a presser saying HE fired Canada

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think we have no idea if Tomlin is involved or not on offense. It depends on…
    …If the offense is good or bad.

He WAS responsible for the bad offense. He is NOT responsible for 400 yards yesterday.

Not really that hard to grasp.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Goes back to what you said before. He was also overridden in his clear desire for Willis because Rooney chose Pickett until Pickett began struggling. Then it was ALL TOMLIN.

Not sure where we are at now.

I guess we need to see if Pickett can be consistent before we credit Rooney again.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    ?If the offense is good or bad.

He WAS responsible for the bad offense. He is NOT responsible for 400 yards yesterday.

Not really that hard to grasp.
    I mean, he sat by and watched and defended Canada multiple times as they failed over and over again, the week after he's gone it's like night and day.

My guess is that he probably didn't have a big say in the game plan yesterday, rather he finally let his guys do their jobs.

The alternative is that Canada had more power than Tomlin and Rooney came to the rescue and fired the bully?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I mean, he sat by and watched and defended Canada multiple times as they failed over and over again, the week after he's gone it's like night and day.

My guess is that he probably didn't have a big say in the game plan yesterday, rather he finally let his guys do their jobs.

The alternative is that Canada had more power than Tomlin and Rooney came to the rescue and fired the bully?
    Or much more likely, Tomlin sets an agenda but has nothing to do with specific play calls on offense.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Or much more likely, Tomlin sets an agenda but has nothing to do with specific play calls on offense.
    Sure, but he can certainly say, "uh, how about we use the middle of the field this week, Matty?". He said earlier in the year during a presser that he wasn't worried about the offense because he's part of the process.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, but he can certainly say, "uh, how about we use the middle of the field this week, Matty?". He said earlier in the year during a presser that he wasn't worried about the offense because he's part of the process.
    Having a big healthy Muth who owns the Bengals routinely opens up the middle of the field to be attacked LIKE THEY DID LAST SEASON.

We do run routes to the middle of the field. When his throws are off Kenny avoids those throws that are risky. Proof?

Mitch chose to throw deep middle and got picked when he played, just like Kenny did early in the season.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-27-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Banned

User Info Menu

Windy, your talking to the Captain Lemming persona; he's a laid back idiot who likes to pretend he knows everything. Of course Tomlin could say, " more passes to the middle of the field"

Captain Lemming and his alter ego Hawaainsteel will wash the balls of Tomlin until the very end. That's what they do. Asking Tomlin to be responsible in areas like other head coaches around he league have to be isn't allowed. LOL>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Windy, your talking to the Captain Lemming persona; he's a laid back idiot who likes to pretend he knows everything. Of course Tomlin could say, " more passes to the middle of the field"

Captain Lemming and his alter ego Hawaainsteel will wash the balls of Tomlin until the very end. That's what they do. Asking Tomlin to be responsible in areas like other head coaches around he league have to be isn't allowed. LOL>
    Still the obsession with men’s junk. What are you 12? Nobody wants to hear about your confused feelings.

How bout you sit down and let the grownups talk. Keep reading Windys quotes of me.

You might learn something about the game.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Having a big healthy Muth who owns the Bengals routinely opens up the middle of the field to be attacked LIKE THEY DID LAST SEASON.
    Friermuths 2022 highlights. Note how often middle of the field is targeted:

https://youtu.be/VhzfBvNbi8A?si=Qg6a2ciVQpG3mPhf
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-28-2023 at 12:26 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Banned

User Info Menu

Same reason I believe they'll hire Leftwich -- Pittsburgh connections.
    Is leftwich the OC you really want us to hire? Or do you say him just because anything is better than what we just had?