Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am going to attempt to build an offense around Mason Rudolph. As what we have now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

I am going to attempt to build an offense around Mason Rudolph. As what we have now

I am going to attempt to build an offense around Mason Rudolph. As what we have now is not scoring many points.

1 ) Start Rudolph now and try to save the season. The goal is a playoff win for this year. Next year we draft a QB high.

2 ) Set a run heavy offense around him that features play action passing, some 2 te sets, and a few crossing routes. Throw it deep once in a while to Pickens.

3 ) Start and feature Warren and this one back offense. Make the defense contend with his big offensive set and or young OL players ( Jones and our Philly guard who can play bully ball.

4 ) Unplug Canada's head set. Well almost But let Rudolph do a few of the calls himself and audible. We need some fall guy for Tomlin to take the blame.

5 ) Throw it beyond the sticks on 3rd down! Do it, make it no option unless the player is uncovered for many yards.

6 ) Hire a time out / red flag coach. This will be his only job.

Just a few ideas...

- JB
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind letting Kenny run THAT offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I wouldn't mind letting Kenny run THAT offense.
    KP won't throw it past the sticks. Heck yesterday, they ran an 11 yard route on 3rd and 12...smh

Pappy

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    KP won't throw it past the sticks. Heck yesterday, they ran an 11 yard route on 3rd and 12...smh

Pappy
    Truth.........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    why did the WR run 11 yards?

Why not 13 yards?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Why not 13 yards?
    that was my first thought also.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Why not 13 yards?
    Because it seems reasonable for a receiver to get one yard of YAC??? (well, maybe not DJ, but everyone else)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Because it seems reasonable for a receiver to get one yard of YAC??? (well, maybe not DJ, but everyone else)
    not when all the passes are on the sidelines.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would add less targets to DJ and split Muth out wide or don't use him. He is of little use as a blocker and we rarely throw to him. Put him out in space and force teams to spread out for more room to run.

its time for us to use the young guys and stop trying to force these vets who look old and slow (Najee and Muth) and dumb (DJ).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's what I would do, no, I'm not building the offense around Rudolph lol. To try to salvage KP I would do the following.

- Run a lot of two back sets with Warren and Najee with Pat F, Johnson and Pickens. Use a lot of short routes, multiple combinations ALL over the short to mid-field not just the sideline, run more up tempo. Scheme to actually get guys open for once, force defenses into bad decisions. Run the ball, run again, PA, rollouts, etc.

- THROW IT DEEP TO PICKENS AT LEAST 2-3 TIMES A GAME.

- Use both Warren and Najee in the passing game at the same time, both are more than capable receivers, Harris has been pretty much erased from the passing game after catching the ball 74 times his rookie year, wtf?

- To the points above, actually play to player strengths (Pickens deep, Harris more in passing game), Use Pat F more over the middle, the dude did have 63 catches last season.

- Make sure the QB and receivers are actually on the same page, ie, actually coach and practice because right now it doesn't look like there is much of that happening. Execution is so bad and it's inexcusable that WR's are still not sitting in zones and not running correct routes. Some of the bad throws aren't actually KP's fault.