Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench Kenny

Legend

User Info Menu

Bench Kenny

At this point, I am not sure any other move makes as much sense.

He might not be a top 50 NFL QB at this point. Every other starting QB is better and probably half the backups are too.

Kenny is playing worse than Duck when Duck got benched. Kenny is barely throwing the ball 5 yards past the LoS with an occasional 10 yard out.

Of 315 QBs since 1970 with 500 passes, only 1 has throw less than 2% TD passes and it our own KP.

Dude is completely lost out there. He cannot read a D. He cannot make a throw.

Make whatever excuse you have to make and say his ribs are worse than we thought and he has to go on IR.

IMHO, Kenny is mentally broken so give him a break. Let him reassess his life?s work.

This team is a wreck with him. We would be immediately better with anyone handing the ball off 95% of the time.

There?s already no threat of a passing game for teams to defense against us. How bad would it hurt to have Mitch or Mason make a throw 5% of the time?

Kenny has an arm like Duck. At least Mitch or Mason could throw the ball down field from time to time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure the offense improves by benching him but it can't get any worse. And then what? Mitch or Rudolph comes in and we scratch and claw our way to a barely winning season? Ugh. I can't argue for benching Kenny or keeping him in there. Neither option really matters in my mind with our entire offensive philosophy.

I said last season that I thought we were wasting 2 years of Kenny's rookie deal by having Matt Canada as the coordinator. I think it's worse than that. I think we made Kenny regress. He is not THIS bad. We somehow made him this bad.

The passing offense needs a complete overhaul. It just doesn't work. It looks especially bad against a good defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

At this point in time, I'm all for benching Pickett. Unfortunately, I thought I heard Tomlin say after the game that Pickett would remain the starter for the rest of the season. Yikes not good.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I agree. Give the keys to someone else and start scouting quarterbacks. I know they probably will give him another year but we are delaying the inevitable. As much as I was hoping he would be the guy the reality is he just doesn’t have it. Career backup at best.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand why you would make the statement that Kenny is the starter for the rest of the year. I guess its to keep his confidence level as high as possible but once the opposing defense has a say in the matter that confidence will go out the window. The running game has elevated its level of play by making some changes, its time to do the same for the passing game and see what happens. If you're going to win 8 or 9 games you might as well see if you have a player that might get you to 10 or 11, right now, KP isn't that guy.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm all for it, if the other QBs struggle to score as well then we can confirm the culprit for this anemic offense.

I mean, I already know who it is...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Two weeks later "Man, Trubisky sucks!"

Four weeks later "Man, Rudolph sucks!"

Ben's last year and Canada's first year as OC "Man, Ben doesn't have it anymore...except for when he's running the no-huddle, I don't understand this!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    At this point, I am not sure any other move makes as much sense.

He might not be a top 50 NFL QB at this point. Every other starting QB is better and probably half the backups are too.

Kenny is playing worse than Duck when Duck got benched. Kenny is barely throwing the ball 5 yards past the LoS with an occasional 10 yard out.

Of 315 QBs since 1970 with 500 passes, only 1 has throw less than 2% TD passes and it our own KP.

Dude is completely lost out there. He cannot read a D. He cannot make a throw.

Make whatever excuse you have to make and say his ribs are worse than we thought and he has to go on IR.

IMHO, Kenny is mentally broken so give him a break. Let him reassess his life?s work.

This team is a wreck with him. We would be immediately better with anyone handing the ball off 95% of the time.

There?s already no threat of a passing game for teams to defense against us. How bad would it hurt to have Mitch or Mason make a throw 5% of the time?

Kenny has an arm like Duck. At least Mitch or Mason could throw the ball down field from time to time.
    +1. As I been saying. We need a new QB. We need a new starting RB, P, a good safety, a new head coach too. You have head of players only meetings? How about a first a Steeler fans only meeting debating these issues face to face. Art Rooney II will be watching. It will make for good TV.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Two weeks later "Man, Trubisky sucks!"

Four weeks later "Man, Rudolph sucks!"

Ben's last year and Canada's first year as OC "Man, Ben doesn't have it anymore...except for when he's running the no-huddle, I don't understand this!"
    Smash cut to 2022:

"Canada finally has his QB in Trubisky - just you watch!"

"Mitch sucks! Canada FINALLY has his QB in Kenny - just you watch!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I'm all for it, if the other QBs struggle to score as well then we can confirm the culprit for this anemic offense.

I mean, I already know who it is...
    I'd be pretty surprised if the other QBs didn't struggle in this offense. We've seen what they can do.

Mitch would come in, have a few nice throws and then turn the ball over a few times, throwing into double or triple coverage.

Mason would come in, throw a few nice rainbows but get sacked at a higher rate than the others. Hopefully not get beaten with his own helmet after he's had enough sacks.

I actually think that in THIS offense, our 3rd string guy might have the most success. Conservative pocket passing. Handoff the ball . Throw a few rainbows to back up the defense. Win a few 13-10 games.