Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench Kenny

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    None of it matters if they don't go outside the organization and exclude Mike Tomlin from the process.
    I agree there is nothing inside the organization to give one hope. We need something fresh. If Tomlin hires an internal guy, I would share your dismay. If Tomlin hired an insider who is bad, I jump on the can Tomlin band bandwagon.

Nevertheless I don’t know that Tomlin will be out of the loop on it but I hope it will be from the outside. When he hired outside last time it was Haley who I thought was good.

I know Tomlin gets bashed for OC hires, but Canada is the only one who was terrible. Even pre Ben injury inside hite Fichner led a top tier offense.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-20-2023 at 10:54 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Not only should they bench Kenny, they should draft his replacement in April.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    Not only should they bench Kenny, they should draft his replacement in April.
    But this goes to my point. Benching Kenny NOW does not bring April any closer to do that.

If you are convinced Kenny will continue struggling, playing Kenny through the season will make it clearer that we need to prioritize drafting a QB.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    But this goes to my point. Benching Kenny NOW does not bring April any closer to do that.

If you are convinced Kenny will continue struggling, playing Kenny through the season will make it clearer that we need to prioritize drafting a QB.
    yeah, we aren't benching Kenny unless he aggravates his ribs in practice this week

wink, wink..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

if you dont believe in your back up qb's to be able to win you a few games....why are they on your team....why is canada still on this team, the raiders canned their coach, are playing better.....the bills.....were playing kick ass ball yesterday.....dont give me that crap , you cant fire someone mid season
    screen pass with no blockers
    min fifty we have the ball, running game working when you are not running naj up the middle .....so lets not run it 1- run down the clock 2 burn clv s time outs 3 we only need a fg to win so lets throw it 3 times which we couldnt do ALL GAME and take 14 F-IN seconds off the clock....someone should have been fired for that series alone, and throw a 20 yd punt in for the cherry on top.....
    2020 MNF Exec Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yeah, we aren't benching Kenny unless he aggravates his ribs in practice this week

wink, wink..
    Dizz you are SUPPOSED TO BE the last holdout. Going from finally admitting Warren is better than Najee to THIS?

Did Joel steal your login? Or better question, is this Joel?

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dizz you are SUPPOSED TO BE the last holdout. Going from finally admitting Warren is better than Najee to THIS?

Did Joel steal your login? Or better question, is this Joel?
    I don't think we are benching him and the only way it would happen is by injury.

I'm still the last Kenny fan on here and think Najee and DJ are the main problems on offense... lol. We aren't giving the ball to our best playmakers and it shows.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    if you dont believe in your back up qb's to be able to win you a few games....why are they on your team....why is canada still on this team, the raiders canned their coach, are playing better.....the bills.....were playing kick ass ball yesterday.....dont give me that crap , you cant fire someone mid season
    screen pass with no blockers
    min fifty we have the ball, running game working when you are not running naj up the middle .....so lets not run it 1- run down the clock 2 burn clv s time outs 3 we only need a fg to win so lets throw it 3 times which we couldnt do ALL GAME and take 14 F-IN seconds off the clock....someone should have been fired for that series alone, and throw a 20 yd punt in for the cherry on top.....
    Who says they can’t win games? Kenny won 6. Question is what is your hope regardless? Mason, Kenny, Mitch?

We are a borderline playoff team the won’t win if we get there. That is best case scenario REGARDLESS the QB.

Worse case scenario? Bench Kenny and WE LOOK WORSE on offense? Maybe it IS Canada and WE TRY KENNY WITH A NEW OC?

NOOOO!
    Ride it out with the kid, if he fails as we expect, make the change.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't think we are benching him and the only way it would happen is by injury.

I'm still the last Kenny fan on here and think Najee and DJ are the main problems on offense... lol. We aren't giving the ball to our best playmakers and it shows.
    I am not ditching KP8 yet, this sh!tshow is 30 percent on Canada and 70 percent on Tomlin.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I am not ditching KP8 yet, this sh!tshow is 30 percent on Canada and 70 percent on Tomlin.
    I think it's 50% Canada (overly simple, predictable offense that's too easy for the opposition to game-plan against), 30% KP8 (regressing, seeing ghosts, missing easy throws) and 20% Tomlin (too conservative mentality on offense, too resistant to change).