Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers@Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers@Browns

Good thing for the Steelers, the Browns offense is worse;

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pfHrjQ][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2pfHrjQ]capture1[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

...but their defense might be a tad better. Another rock fight. Kenny has to step up and make key throws at keys time.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Their offense is averaging 30 PPG in the last month, and their defense is better. Fewer PPG and much less gash yardage allowed. #1 pass D, #8 rush D, Steelers are going to need a couple more defensive TDs to escape with a win.

And before you say yards don't matter, they certainly do -- they flip fields. Our offense needs all the help it can get.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Their offense is averaging 30 PPG in the last month, and their defense is better. Fewer PPG and much less gash yardage allowed. #1 pass D, #8 rush D, Steelers are going to need a couple more defensive TDs to escape with a win.

And before you say yards don't matter, they certainly do -- they flip fields. Our offense needs all the help it can get.
    Which is why Kenny is key. He needs to have a couple big games in the next few.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...but their defense might be a tad better. Another rock fight. Kenny has to step up and make key throws at keys time.
    The Browns have the top rated pass D in the league. By contrast, the Titans are 31st, the Packers are 21st, and the Steelers threw for 279 yards on them.

Combined.

Only shot is for the run game to dominate and D to force TOs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Watson is knicked up. Getting an MRI on his ankle. Take whatever we can get at this point.

The game will be another piece of evidence on whether Pickett has 'it' to be successful in the NFL. He's undefeated against the Browns so far in his career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh (6-3) at Cleveland (6-3)

Over the past two weeks, the Steelers offense has slowly been getting better and I'm pretty sure it's happening because of two big changes the team made. First, they moved offensive coordinator Matt Canada down to the sideline, which has been a popular decision so far in the locker room.

The other big change that the Steelers have made is that they've taken the offense out of Kenny Pickett's hands. I'm guessing that once Canada got down to the sideline, he finally had a front row seat to what was happening on offense and he immediately realized that Pickett was in way over his head.

How do you fix that? By taking the game out of his hands. Over the past two weeks, the Steelers have run the ball 55.5% of the time, which is pretty wild you consider that they were only running the ball 39.5% of the time through the first eight weeks of the season.

The Steelers have completely changed their offensive philosophy and it has totally worked so far. Over the past two weeks, they've recorded their two highest rushing totals of the season and they've won both games. Their new formula for winning games is simple: They run the ball, they play good defense and then they hope they don't get stuck in a situation where they have to count on Pickett to win the game for them.

As good as this plan has been, I don't think it's going to work against the Browns. The Browns have been one of the best teams in the NFL at stopping the run and if they stop the run on Sunday, the Steelers are going to have a tough time moving the ball.

Back in Week 2, the Steelers beat the Browns 26-22, but they got two defensive touchdowns and they still only won by four points. If they get two defensive touchdowns again, I think they win, but that's probably not going to happen. The Steelers have been out-gained in every game they've played this season and I fully expect that streak to continue in Week 11.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...orth-showdown/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...but their defense might be a tad better.
    A tad??? Their the # 1 overall defense in the NFL right now. Talk about not giving someone their proper due. We are going to need KP to produce this week. No if, ands or buts about it . We are going to need a passing game to help the run game because they will stack the box against Warren/Najee. We have to have it from KP this week............no more, " well maybe....next year..." THIS WEEK! We need it this next game. Period.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    The Browns have the top rated pass D in the league. By contrast, the Titans are 31st, the Packers are 21st, and the Steelers threw for 279 yards on them.

Combined.

Only shot is for the run game to dominate and D to force TOs.
    The Browns have the # 1 overall all defense in the league. We are up against it. We need KP this to do the damn thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    A tad??? Their the # 1 overall defense in the NFL right now. Talk about not giving someone their proper due. We are going to need KP to produce this week. No if, ands or buts about it . We are going to need a passing game to help the run game because they will stack the box against Warren/Najee. We have to have it from KP this week............no more, " well maybe....next year..." THIS WEEK! We need it this next game. Period.
    The Steelers really need the oline to control the game. Looking for KP to do much more than manage the game is asking for trouble against the Browns.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount