Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobs Hype

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dobs Hype

I have been way too busy of late to post on here, I miss you girls...

As I said I have not been active, so not sure if has bee posted or not.

Dobbs vs Pickett who would you rather have?

( love hs story, but still pissed we drafted him before Kittle)

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I have been way too busy of late to post on here, I miss you girls...

As I said I have not been active, so not sure if has bee posted or not.

Dobbs vs Pickett who would you rather have?

( love hs story, but still pissed we drafted him before Kittle)
    Doubs is killing it. We can't sugar coat it. Just an indictment on the QB evaluation system around here that we kept these two losers (Trubisky & Rudolph) and let Doubs walk.

Legend

User Info Menu

Josh Dobbs would look terrible in this offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Josh Dobbs would look terrible in this offense.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

Sign Mason Rudolph

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Put Dobbs in!!!!

I always said he was better than given credit for due to his athleticism.

He has an arm, can run when plays break down.. would’ve kept him over Rudolph
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Put Dobbs in!!!!

I always said he was better than given credit for due to his athleticism.

He has an arm, can run when plays break down.. would’ve kept him over Rudolph
    And he is smart as a whip. He can fly the Space Shuttle.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

Sign Mason Rudolph

We don't apologize for winning!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I know you want to put the Debbie Downer on this but I was watching Lions vs Chargers and I believe sometime ago there were folks posting on the topic of Jared Goff and the general consensus was pass here.

I was thinking while watching him light it up, "Do any of us really believe that he would be lighting it up under this offensive scheme?"

This is why it isn't just about execution for me...I am almost absolutely certain Goff would be nowhere near what he is right now. And while I realize it's not like he is going to be league MVP, I do think projecting out to 5,000 yards and 28-29 TD's is something that would be out of the universe here in Pittsburgh.

And yes the Lions are 7-2, one game difference from Steelers. It makes you wonder...would stronger passing numbers equate into anymore victories for the Steelers? You can immediately say of course, but given the lack of Turnovers being produced by the offense, I really wonder if it would matter at this point. I do believe KP would have a quite a few more INT's at this point if he try to light it up. I am just not ready to believe the Steelers would've one 1-2 more games from an increase in KP's yards.

Brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    I know you want to put the Debbie Downer on this but I was watching Lions vs Chargers and I believe sometime ago there were folks posting on the topic of Jared Goff and the general consensus was pass here.

I was thinking while watching him light it up, "Do any of us really believe that he would be lighting it up under this offensive scheme?"

This is why it isn't just about execution for me...I am almost absolutely certain Goff would be nowhere near what he is right now. And while I realize it's not like he is going to be league MVP, I do think projecting out to 5,000 yards and 28-29 TD's is something that would be out of the universe here in Pittsburgh.

And yes the Lions are 7-2, one game difference from Steelers. It makes you wonder...would stronger passing numbers equate into anymore victories for the Steelers? You can immediately say of course, but given the lack of Turnovers being produced by the offense, I really wonder if it would matter at this point. I do believe KP would have a quite a few more INT's at this point if he try to light it up. I am just not ready to believe the Steelers would've one 1-2 more games from an increase in KP's yards.

Brothervad
    You seem to be equating passing more downfield "attacking" defenses results in more INTS & we are winning with Pickett passing safer. Well Goff who you used as an example has 2500 passing yards yards 14 TDS & 5 INTS. Pickett has 1600 yards with 6 TDS & 4 INTS. Where is the less turnover margin by not "attacking"? 5 IN TS to 4 INTS only 1 more with all that extra offense. It's about passing more efficiently not neccesarily taking big risks.
    Last edited by LPMAN; 11-13-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post

Brothervad
    would he need to light it up in this scheme? Goff is also in a dome half the time which is a nice home field advantage.

and will Goff show up when needed most? We shall see.

Personally, I think folks talk about us like we are 3-6 and better offense would lead to more wins. What it really comes down to is folks want the hope we can win a playoff game this year and think a few blowouts would make them feel better about our chances.

but we all know until we win a playoff game folks would find a reason to predict a loss. Our D is meh until we need a critical play in the red zone lately. If we had a top flight offense these people would spend all this time bashing the D for why we wouldn't win and use our recent history of playoff blowouts as the reason why.

I just think some fans will always complain until we win a playoff game.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    You seem to be equating passing more downfield "attacking" defenses results in more INTS & we are winning with Pickett passing safer. Well Goff who you used as an example has 2500 passing yards yards 14 TDS & 5 INTS. Pickett has 1600 yards with 6 TDS & 4 INTS. Where is the less turnover margin by not "attacking"? 5 IN TS to 4 INTS only 1 more with all that extra offense. It's about passing more efficiently not neccesarily taking big risks.
    and if we got beat by the Ravens like the Lions got beat.. best believe that L would be brought up repeatedly as a reason why we are frauds.