Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 23 Draft

Rookie

User Info Menu

23 Draft

This draft class is shaping up to be the best in maybe a decade. I think Benton, Jones and JPJ can be cornerstones for years. Well done by Khan and team. Stack two more like this last one and you?re going to have a loaded team. If we get our next franchise qb or Kenny becomes that guy we are going to have a lot of fun the next half dozen years. I know it?s early but as I have stated before I think CB, C, MLB, WR need to be our first 4 picks. Maybe strong safety. I hope the Rams keep losing. Their early 4 could be very valuable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Draft JJ McCarthy next year, maybe the next Tom Brady going under the radar because he is in a limited offense at Michigan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Center.

I do like J.J., but we are not going QB next year before Round 4.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Center.

I do like J.J., but we are not going QB next year before Round 4.
    That's really a dumb statement to make. So if Terry Bradshaw or Big Ben were coming out in the draft you'd pass on them because Pickett is on the roster? If an NFL team goes into a draft saying they won't take a position in round 1 & don't have a HOF player at that position....then they shouldn't be in charge of drafting.

I remember the debate on Jamain Stephens or Big Ben because we had Tommy Maddox. LOL

Every year the teams with the 10 best QBS are really the only teams likely to win a Super Bowl. nothing else matters if you don't have a Big Ben type. QB should be our #1 priority next year seeing it's maybe the best qb draft in 20 years & we have Kenny who is average at best.
    Last edited by LPMAN; 11-06-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    That's really a dumb statement to make. So if Terry Bradshaw or Big Ben were coming out in the draft you'd pass on them because Pickett is on the roster? If an NFL team goes into a draft saying they won't take a position in round 1 & don't have a HOF player at that position....then they shouldn't be in charge of drafting.
    Most players aren't HOF level after the first year or 2. It's silly to think teams will draft a QB year after year after year simply because the QB on the roster hasn't shown he isn't a Hofer yet.

Teams have to weigh a lot of information when making a 1st round pick. You are using careers that have been defined for college QB's who are lottery tickets. We have no idea who will be legit or who will fail and taking 1 game to crown a QB is a bad idea.

They just asked whose record did Herbert broke the most TD passes by a rookie. Someone screamed Marino, the correct answer... Baker Mayfield.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-06-2023 at 12:02 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OK hall of fame capable.....sorry that ain't Kenny. I think he stinks but at the least he could use a lot of competition, at the MOST important position on the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK hall of fame capable.....sorry that ain't Kenny.
    HOF careers aren't made in the first 20 games.

Not saying Kenny is destined but what makes you think JJ McCarthy whose school was just busted for widespread cheating is HOF capable? Hell, they have yet to play anyone this year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember the debate on Jamain Stephens or Big Ben because we had Tommy Maddox. LOL

Every year the teams with the 10 best QBS are really the only teams likely to win a Super Bowl. nothing else matters if you don't have a Big Ben type. QB should be our #1 priority next year seeing it's maybe the best qb draft in 20 years & we have Kenny who is average at best.
    The problem is, no one EVER knows for sure if the next Terry, Ben or Brady is coming out of the draft. The best QB in the history of the game went in ROUND SIX.

If I was forced to bet $10k on whether the Steelers go for a QB in round 1 next year (assuming all QBs are available at their pick), I would bet they don't draft a QB. I think they still firmly believe they have their guy.

I see almost no chance that QB is their number one priority unless Kenny has a significant injury or starts throwing picks at an alarming rate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Best Defensive Tackle in Round 1.

Cam can't drink from the Fountain of Youth forever and we are still struggling stopping the run. I'd also be looking to fix Inside LB. We've never been right there since the Shazier injury

We are stuck with Pickett for at least two more seasons. They won't cut bait on him unless he totally falls apart
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

That's really a dumb statement to make.
    That is a real nice and informed reply. Coming in hot always leads to a nice intellectual discussion.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!