Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pickens is officially a problem

Legend

User Info Menu

Kinda interesting that a player making $10M was benched for something he said not publically but a WR spouting on social media "is a pebble in my shoe".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Kinda interesting that a player making $10M was benched for something he said not publically but a WR spouting on social media "is a pebble in my shoe".
    It?s not like we have Justin Jefferson sitting on the sideline waiting to play.

If he was, George woulda just as easily went the way of Chuks.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pickens is young. Doesn't everyone have some character defects at 22 years old? Hopefully, he gets the ball more, and hopefully, he finds a good way to cope with it if he doesn't.

Maybe there should be a support group for wide receivers. "My name is George and my QB never throws me the ball".

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

You mean like this?

Maybe he needs Mason throwing the ball to him.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

you actually believe Chuks was benched for something he said?

I think he was benched for performance and this is an excuse he made. I haven?t heard any other coaches speak on it as far as I know.

Mike Tomlin on Jones getting the start. Didn?t say a word about anything said on the field by Chuks. Unless he cussed out a coach during a timeout how the hell would Tomlin even know what was said?

?I just thought we needed a spark. I thought Broderick had worked hard and was deserving of the opportunity, so we gave it to him.?

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    Pickens is young. Doesn't everyone have some character defects at 22 years old? Hopefully, he gets the ball more, and hopefully, he finds a good way to cope with it if he doesn't.

Maybe there should be a support group for wide receivers. "My name is George and my QB never throws me the ball".
    I don't mind the attitude so much, but how about backing it up. He should have easily drug that left foot down and had a TD. Not sure he has a lot of room (pun intended) to complain.

Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I don't mind the attitude so much, but how about backing it up. He should have easily drug that left foot down and had a TD. Not sure he has a lot of room (pun intended) to complain.

Pickens is actually mad at himself for that toe tap but wants to blame everyone else.

I think he is fine but it will be an ongoing saga anytime he frowns or gets upset after a game or missed opportunity.

and social media makes it real easy to show your backside. There should be a 24 hour lock on IG and twitter after a game.. lol.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I think he was benched for performance and this is an excuse he made. I haven?t heard any other coaches speak on it as far as I know.

Mike Tomlin on Jones getting the start. Didn?t say a word about anything said on the field by Chuks. Unless he cussed out a coach during a timeout how the hell would Tomlin even know what was said?

?I just thought we needed a spark. I thought Broderick had worked hard and was deserving of the opportunity, so we gave it to him.?

I said it before, Chuks is not a Steeler next year because of COST. THAT is why Jones is on the right side.

The difference between replacing Chuks or Moore is over 7 million dollars off the cap (which takes into account dead cap space).

If you view both tackles equally (in truth I see more in Moore) that 7 mil in savings can do a lot in shoring up another spot.

Once the kid did well on the right, I knew Chuks days as a Steeler starter were done.

As you note they just needed an excuse to do what they knew is the better move.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather see Chuks and Jones on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I tend to agree with your sentiment here but Tomlin did confirm Chuks was accurate.

also heard a couple people including Tomlin mention Dan isn?t capable on the right side.

Chuks is talented but he quits on plays all the time.