Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 draft eligible QB's

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    I'm not ready to write off Kenny just yet but it is fun looking at this QB class. IMO, Jayden Daniels needs to be somewhere on you're top 10 list. I'd rank him 3rd or 4th with 25 TDs and 3 INTs with 2,573 yards passing. He's also run for 500-plus yards and a grip of TDs. Admittedly I've only watched his highlights but he does look legit.
    He is a good and 10 draft QB on my list when I have time to update it.. But he also a string bean at 185 pounds with an injury history and perhaps throws to two future NFL receivers. As they say the best ability is availability. Man this QB class is loaded. Perhaps a once in a 20 year type of class.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He is a good and 10 draft QB on my list when I have time to update it..

But he also a string bean at 185 pounds
    Daniels is listed at 6'4" and 210 lbs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayden_Daniels
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Daniels is listed at 6'4" and 210 lbs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayden_Daniels
    B()ll&#^t LSU weight report.

He is a string bean. I doubt that 210 report

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tige...finebaum-show/

On LSU’s official roster, Daniels is listed at 185 pounds. This week, he told reporters his goal is to gain 15 more to get to 200 pounds.
    I'm tell you the man is injury prone and he the type of build that can not take the hits needed to last long in the NFL the way he plays.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

B()ll&#^t LSU weight report.

He is a string bean. I doubt that 210 report

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tige...finebaum-show/

I'm tell you the man is injury prone and he the type of build that can not take the hits needed to last long in the NFL the way he plays.
    is he actually injury prone or are you saying that because he was injured last game?

Did you see the hit? It was brutal. No QB would survive that hit.

what other injuries did he have for the injury prone label?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-06-2023 at 10:28 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Updated list of qb prospects.

1 ) Bo Nix. 6'2" 220 pounds. Another Big 12 QB except he doesn't have great talent around him. He shows great arm release, and shows a very pro-like 2 minute drill. He can run too. This former 5 star QB was the SEC freshman of the year. He is great under pressure. There is a lot to like. His accuray is very good as is his arm. Projected draft pick, Round one

2 ) Drake Maye. He is hyped as well as he should be, but has not played well this year. But he is a down the field passer who completes a high % of his passes ( 72.5 % ) and is big at 6'4' 230 pounds! He can take a hit and is tough to sack because he processes information so quickly. He has good pocket mobility too. He threw too many interceptions this year. ( 4 ) This 21 year old is likely as top 5 pick when he come out. Projected draft pick, Round one

3 ) Micheal Pexix. This six year college player had a very good 5th year. He also has had too many injuries which will need to be checked out. But his play is excellent. He just played in an EPIC game over Oregon.Penix suffered a torn ACL in both 2018 and 2020. He also suffered a sternoclavicular joint injury in 2019, then an AC joint injury in his shoulder in 2021. Who are your team surgeons? How is your OL? That injury bug is dug in something fierce. He is a talented player but very fragile. He has been hurt in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. With his injury history , he is off my draft board for round one. He is also playing in well vs some so -so teams. Projected draft pick, Round one

4) J McCarthy. He is tall enough 6'3", has a very good arm and he has some wheels. The highest rated college QBR rated guy to date. But he plays in a run-heavy offense with limited passing attempts. He could fit in the NFL on an offense that features a good ground game, uses play action, with some RPO options. He is he top QBR rated QB. Ifhe beat Ohio State a top 5 college team, he will move up. Projected draft pick , Round one

5 ) Drew Allar. This 19 year old is the best QB prospect his age I have ever seen! The 6'5" 245 pound kid has a A+ arm. The ball comes out of his hand like a rocket. A good passer, he has not thrown an interception in a game or in practice. He is a tad overweight and is still growing into his body. Obviously he has a lot to learn. Likely to stay in school another year, but if he goes pro in 2024, he is worth a top 15 pick right now. If you have to sit him for a year, so what! He is a rare prospect that is worth the wait. Projected draft pick , Round one

6 ) Caleb Willimas. 6'1" 215 pounds. This guy has lit up the pack 12. But his stats are great. His accuracy is very good. His arm is good, not great. He really has three WR's that rip up the Big 12. He has good running ability and I want to see his legit NFL measurements, and I question his NFL durability which combined with his playing style could spell trouble. He is close to 6 feet. Maybe a tad shorter than that. He was terrible vs Norte Dame. Lately this there has been a story that he wants ownership. Major red flag. Projected draft pick , Round one

7) Daniels. He has a good arm, and is mobile. He has torn it up. But he is throwing to future NFL receivers, and is rail thin, originally listed at 6'4" 185 pounds and injury prone. He has several neck and head injuries. As such he is a medical red flag. But as a QB in college he is clearly good. Projected draft pick, Round two.

8 ) Pratt. He completed 70% of his passes ( 9.5 yards per attempt ) and had thrown for 15 td's, 3 ints on a talentless Tulae team. Pratt is well built and is a short yardage runner, I have not seen him play in a full game ( unlike the others typo 8 on the list on the list ) , but I have seen his highlights. This kids home town is based by me. So I have a little insight to him. He is smart , well built and strong. Projected draft pick round three.

9 ) Dillion Gabriel. He is a very accurate QB with a very good QBR and stats. His arm is only better than average. He played very well vs Texas. But he is short at 5'11 and light at 200 lbs, I need to see him again vs quality competition. Projected draft pick, round three.

10 ) Brock Vandgirff. He is a good sized QB, who can throw and run well. Places the ball well. Has a good arm and quick release. Needs to play more. A lot more. But I am rating prospects here. Any number of starters will rate higher but the word is he is going to be special, so I'm giving him the 10th spot for now. Projected draft pick, ???
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 11-07-2023 at 11:51 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    That is an " LSU listing " . The had him at 185 before. Did he gain 25 pounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

That is an " LSU listing " . The had him at 185 before. Did he gain 25 pounds.
    He must have or their data was wrong. I checked a few sites and they have him at 210 lbs. He'll get a weigh in at the combine, the truth will come out.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Starter

User Info Menu

Updated list of qb prospects.

1 ) Bo Nix. 6'2" 220 pounds. Another Big 12 QB except he doesn't have great talent around him. He shows great arm release, and shows a very pro-like 2 minute drill. He can run too. This former 5 star QB was the SEC freshman of the year. He is great under pressure. There is a lot to like. His accuray is very good as is his arm. Projected draft pick, Round one

2 ) Drake Maye. He is hyped as well as he should be, but has not played well this year. But he is a down the field passer who completes a high % of his passes ( 72.5 % ) and is big at 6'4' 230 pounds! He can take a hit and is tough to sack because he processes information so quickly. He has good pocket mobility too. He threw too many interceptions this year. ( 4 ) This 21 year old is likely as top 5 pick when he come out. Projected draft pick, Round one

3 ) Micheal Pexix. This six year college player had a very good 5th year. He also has had too many injuries which will need to be checked out. But his play is excellent. He just played in an EPIC game over Oregon.Penix suffered a torn ACL in both 2018 and 2020. He also suffered a sternoclavicular joint injury in 2019, then an AC joint injury in his shoulder in 2021. Who are your team surgeons? How is your OL? That injury bug is dug in something fierce. He is a talented player but very fragile. He has been hurt in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. With his injury history , he is off my draft board for round one. He is also playing in well vs some so -so teams. Projected draft pick, Round one

4) J McCarthy. He is tall enough 6'3", has a very good arm and he has some wheels. The highest rated college QBR rated guy to date. But he plays in a run-heavy offense with limited passing attempts. He could fit in the NFL on an offense that features a good ground game, uses play action, with some RPO options. He is he top QBR rated QB. Ifhe beat Ohio State a top 5 college team, he will move up. Projected draft pick , Round one

5 ) Drew Allar. This 19 year old is the best QB prospect his age I have ever seen! The 6'5" 245 pound kid has a A+ arm. The ball comes out of his hand like a rocket. A good passer, he has not thrown an interception in a game or in practice. He is a tad overweight and is still growing into his body. Obviously he has a lot to learn. Likely to stay in school another year, but if he goes pro in 2024, he is worth a top 15 pick right now. If you have to sit him for a year, so what! He is a rare prospect that is worth the wait. Projected draft pick , Round one

6 ) Caleb Willimas. 6'1" 215 pounds. This guy has lit up the pack 12. But his stats are great. His accuracy is very good. His arm is good, not great. He really has three WR's that rip up the Big 12. He has good running ability and I want to see his legit NFL measurements, and I question his NFL durability which combined with his playing style could spell trouble. He is close to 6 feet. Maybe a tad shorter than that. He was terrible vs Norte Dame. Lately this there has been a story that he wants ownership. Major red flag. Projected draft pick , Round one

7) Daniels. He has a good arm, and is mobile. He has torn it up. But he is throwing to future NFL receivers, and is rail thin, originally listed at 6'4" 185 pounds and injury prone. He has several neck and head injuries. As such he is a medical red flag. But as a QB in college he is clearly good. Projected draft pick, Round two.

8 ) Pratt. He completed 70% of his passes ( 9.5 yards per attempt ) and had thrown for 15 td's, 3 ints on a talentless Tulae team. Pratt is well built and is a short yardage runner, I have not seen him play in a full game ( unlike the others typo 8 on the list on the list ) , but I have seen his highlights. This kids home town is based by me. So I have a little insight to him. He is smart , well built and strong. Projected draft pick round three.

9 ) Dillion Gabriel. He is a very accurate QB with a very good QBR and stats. His arm is only better than average. He played very well vs Texas. But he is short at 5'11 and light at 200 lbs, I need to see him again vs quality competition. Projected draft pick, round three.

10 ) Brock Vandgirff. He is a good sized QB, who can throw and run well. Places the ball well. Has a good arm and quick release. Needs to play more. A lot more. But I am rating prospects here. Any number of starters will rate higher but the word is he is going to be special, so I'm giving him the 10th spot for now. Projected draft pick, ???
    Nice! I agree Daniels looks a bit injury-prone which is a big red flag but man, he is so talented if he fell to round 2 would be worth the risk IMO. Reminds me of a faster Randal Cunningham.

BTW, is there some reason that my graphics are not functioning on this site? I thought it might be my desk-top but it seems to be doing the same thing on my pohone.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

why do you insist on Allar going pro in 2024 when he isn't eligible? Hard to take you seriously when you refuse to admit this mistake. Replace him with Travis or Van Dyke.. you know, actual QB's who are eligible for the 2024 draft... and no, he can't drop out and use the supplemental draft. Why the hell would he do that and cost himself tons of money if he is really legit? Plus he was horrible vs Ohio State.

Allar has thrown an INT. How would you know if he threw one in practice? I'm a Pitt guy but I low key root for Penn State to win and I'm just not seeing this amazing QB you keep talking about. I hope he turns into something but he isn't nearly as good as your hype. Certainly not good enough to be eligible when he isn't.

Penix played Oregon back on October 14th. He just played a great game vs USC last Saturday.

The story of Caleb Williams wanting partial ownership was a joke meme. It's not even legal, the NFL shut it down in July when it was rumored Rodgers wanted partial ownership in NY.

Brock Vandergriff holds a clip board and has thrown 17 passes in 5 games for 160 yards in garbage time. Why in the hell are you putting him on here when you have Florida State's Jordan Travis playing well as a senior with 2500 yards and 19 TDs and 2 INTs?

Cmon dude.. not trying to be that guy but this is the 2024 draft right? Vandergliff is not a top 10 prospect right now.

oh, and I think Drake Maye is playing well this year, the team is just the same old same UNC that plays no defense and ask the QB to save them from themselves. He's fine. 4 INT's is not a concern when you don't have a defense and are asked to pass a ton to win games.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-07-2023 at 12:43 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"