Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 draft eligible QB's

Legend

User Info Menu

Top 10 draft eligible QB's

It's a little early to start talking about the draft, but our QB1 isn't playing well and this 2024 QB class is absolutely loaded! I see as many as six first round picks next year and teams moving off their QB's who are cap killers and can be poor passers such as Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Russell Wilson... I think. Such players are hurt and turnover prone, I don't see them running anymore, do you? If they do, its only matter of time until they get hurt.

IMO, unless you have a top 15 NFL QB, you need to draft one after two years of play. And now way should you over pay a guy for that second QB contacts!

Here are my top ten QB's which can be drafted. I will also predict the round they go in.

1 ) Box Nix. 6'2" 220 pounds. Another Big 12 QB except he doesn't have great talent around him. He shows great arm release, and shows a very pro-like 2 minute drill. He can run too. This former 5 star QB was the SEC freshman of the year. He is great under pressure. There is a lot to like. Projected draft pick, Round one

2 ) Drake Maye. He is hyped as well as he should be, but has not played well this year. But he is a down the field passer who completes a high % of his passes ( 72.5 % ) and is big at 6'4' 230 pounds! He can take a hit and is tough to sack because he processes information so quickly. He has good pocket mobility too. He threw too many interceptions this year. ( 4 ) This 21 year old is likely as top 5 pick when he come out. Projected draft pick, Round one

3 ) Drew Allar. This 19 year old is the best QB prospect his age I have ever seen! The 6'5" 245 pound kid has a A+ arm. The ball comes out of his hand like a rocket. A good passer, he has not thrown an interception in a game or in practice. He is a tad overweight and is still growing into his body. Obviously he has a lot to learn. Likely to stay in school another year, but if he goes pro in 2024, he is worth a top 15 pick right now. If you have to sit him for a year, so what! He is a rare prospect that is worth the wait. Projected draft pick , Round one

4 ) Caleb Willimas. 6'1" 215 pounds. This guy has lit up the pack 12. But his stats are great. His accuracy is very good. His arm is good, not great. He really has three WR's that rip up the Big 12. He has good running ability and I want to see his legit NFL measurements, and I question his NFL durability which combined with his playing style could spell trouble. He is close to 6 feet. Maybe a tad shorter than that. He was terrible vs Norte Dame. He has to prove he can play well vs a good team. Projected draft pick , Round one

5 ) Micheal Pexix. This six year college player had a very good 5th year. He also has had too many injuries which will need to be checked out. But his play is excellent. He just played in an EPIC game over Oregon.Penix suffered a torn ACL in both 2018 and 2020. He also suffered a sternoclavicular joint injury in 2019, then an AC joint injury in his shoulder in 2021. Who are your team surgeons? How is your OL? That injury bug is dug in something fierce. He is a talented player but very fragile. He has been hurt in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. With his injury history , he is off my draft board for round one. Projected draft pick, Round one

6) Shaduer Sanders. An all over the map type of guy. First the good. He is an athletic QB with good accuracy. He has a good feel for the game. And he obvisuly passees for a lot of yards. Now for the bad. He fumbles. A lot. How much? Like 20+ times in his career. More evaluation is needed vs good teams. Projected draft pick , Round two

7 ) J McCarthy. He is tall enough 6'3", has a very good arm and he has some wheels. The highest rated college QBR rated guy to date. But he plays in a run-heavy offense with limited passing attempts. He could fit in the NFL on an offense that features a good ground game, uses play action, with some RPO options. Projected draft pick , Round two.

8 ) Tyler Van Dyke. Now this guy is intriguing as he plays to win games by throwing it deep. He has a very good arm and makes his share of NFL throws. But he's a little raw as a tad mistake prone and his accuracy is only good. Still he has first round grade type of talent and is not playing with future NFL skill players. Big, 6'4 " and strong. Projected draft pick, round two

9 ) Dillion Gabriel. He is a very accurate QB with a very good QBR and stats. His arm is only better than average. He played very well vs Texas. But he is short at 5'11 and light at 200 lbs, I need to see him again vs quality competition. Projected draft pick, round three.

10 ) Brock Vandgirff. He is a good sized QB, who can throw and run well. Places the ball well. Has a good arm and quick release. Needs to play more. A lot more. But I am rating prospects here. Any number of starters will rate higher but the word is he is going to be special, so I'm giving him the 10th spot. Projected draft pick, ???
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pretty sure Allar can't go pro until 2025 and folks told you this already. Apologies if this isn't true but all research has been consistent on him going in 2025.

Caleb is going first.

I see Caleb, Maye going 1 and 2. Bo Nix would be a mistake in the 1st but someone will make it. I think Penix may end up in the first, 6 years will throw some people off. I forgot he was at Indiana. I remember some hype around him one season.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-16-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Pretty sure Allar can't go pro until 2025 and folks told you this already. Apologies if this isn't true but all research has been consistent on him going in 2025.

Caleb is going first.

I see Caleb, Maye going 1 and 2. Bo Nix would be a mistake in the 1st but someone will make it. I think Penix may end up in the first, 6 years will throw some people off. I forgot he was at Indiana. I remember some hype around him one season.
    I am rating prospects. Not the year they are going pro! I even picked a guy 10th on the list who does not even start. Go it? If anyone in college wants to drop out and declare for the 2024 the draft, they can. Legally. None of this can't. As far as I know there is no age requirement for the draft. If this is such a rule, please post a link to it.

That said, thank you for participating in my thread.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I am rating prospects. Not the year they are going pro! I even picked a guy 10th on the list who does not even start. Go it? If anyone in college wants to drop out and declare for the 2024 the draft, they can. Legally. None of this can't. As far as I know there is no age requirement for the draft. If this is such a rule, please post a link to it.

That said, thank you for participating in my thread.
    but you clearly wrote this was for draft eligible QB’s and said it was for the 2024 draft class in the OP.

A player must be 3 years removed from HS to declare for the draft.

draft eligibility rules for the NFL https://operations.nfl.com/journey-t...-of-the-draft/

To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league?s approval to enter the draft early.
    Players are draft-eligible only in the year after the end of their college eligibility
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-16-2023 at 06:00 PM.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a little early to start talking about the draft, but our QB1 isn't playing well and this 2024 QB class is absolutely loaded! I see as many as six first round picks next year and teams moving off their QB's who are cap killers and can be poor passers such as Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Russell Wilson... I think. Such players are hurt and turnover prone, I don't see them running anymore, do you? If they do, its only matter of time until they get hurt.

IMO, unless you have a top 15 NFL QB, you need to draft one after two years of play. And now way should you over pay a guy for that second QB contacts!

Here are my top ten QB's which can be drafted. I will also predict the round they go in.

1 ) Box Nix. 6'2" 220 pounds. Another Big 12 QB except he doesn't have great talent around him. He shows great arm release, and shows a very pro-like 2 minute drill. He can run too. This former 5 star QB was the SEC freshman of the year. He is great under pressure. There is a lot to like. Projected draft pick, Round one

2 ) Drake Maye. He is hyped as well as he should be, but has not played well this year. But he is a down the field passer who completes a high % of his passes ( 72.5 % ) and is big at 6'4' 230 pounds! He can take a hit and is tough to sack because he processes information so quickly. He has good pocket mobility too. He threw too many interceptions this year. ( 4 ) This 21 year old is likely as top 5 pick when he come out. Projected draft pick, Round one

3 ) Drew Allar. This 19 year old is the best QB prospect his age I have ever seen! The 6'5" 245 pound kid has a A+ arm. The ball comes out of his hand like a rocket. A good passer, he has not thrown an interception in a game or in practice. He is a tad overweight and is still growing into his body. Obviously he has a lot to learn. Likely to stay in school another year, but if he goes pro in 2024, he is worth a top 15 pick right now. If you have to sit him for a year, so what! He is a rare prospect that is worth the wait. Projected draft pick , Round one

4 ) Caleb Willimas. 6'1" 215 pounds. This guy has lit up the pack 12. But his stats are great. His accuracy is very good. His arm is good, not great. He really has three WR's that rip up the Big 12. He has good running ability and I want to see his legit NFL measurements, and I question his NFL durability which combined with his playing style could spell trouble. He is close to 6 feet. Maybe a tad shorter than that. He was terrible vs Norte Dame. He has to prove he can play well vs a good team. Projected draft pick , Round one

5 ) Micheal Pexix. This six year college player had a very good 5th year. He also has had too many injuries which will need to be checked out. But his play is excellent. He just played in an EPIC game over Oregon.Penix suffered a torn ACL in both 2018 and 2020. He also suffered a sternoclavicular joint injury in 2019, then an AC joint injury in his shoulder in 2021. Who are your team surgeons? How is your OL? That injury bug is dug in something fierce. He is a talented player but very fragile. He has been hurt in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. With his injury history , he is off my draft board for round one. Projected draft pick, Round one

6) Shaduer Sanders. An all over the map type of guy. First the good. He is an athletic QB with good accuracy. He has a good feel for the game. And he obvisuly passees for a lot of yards. Now for the bad. He fumbles. A lot. How much? Like 20+ times in his career. More evaluation is needed vs good teams. Projected draft pick , Round two

7 ) J McCarthy. He is tall enough 6'3", has a very good arm and he has some wheels. The highest rated college QBR rated guy to date. But he plays in a run-heavy offense with limited passing attempts. He could fit in the NFL on an offense that features a good ground game, uses play action, with some RPO options. Projected draft pick , Round two.

8 ) Tyler Van Dyke. Now this guy is intriguing as he plays to win games by throwing it deep. He has a very good arm and makes his share of NFL throws. But he's a little raw as a tad mistake prone and his accuracy is only good. Still he has first round grade type of talent and is not playing with future NFL skill players. Big, 6'4 " and strong. Projected draft pick, round two

9 ) Dillion Gabriel. He is a very accurate QB with a very good QBR and stats. His arm is only better than average. He played very well vs Texas. But he is short at 5'11 and light at 200 lbs, I need to see him again vs quality competition. Projected draft pick, round three.

10 ) Brock Vandgirff. He is a good sized QB, who can throw and run well. Places the ball well. Has a good arm and quick release. Needs to play more. A lot more. But I am rating prospects here. Any number of starters will rate higher but the word is he is going to be special, so I'm giving him the 10th spot. Projected draft pick, ???
    this sure sounds like you mean 2024.

oh, and lmao at putting Lamar on this list. No way the Ravens are thinking about moving on anytime soon.

Definitely think Kyler Murray and Russ are in danger of being replaced next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    but you clearly wrote this was for draft eligible QB’s and said it was for the 2024 draft class in the OP.

A player must be 3 years removed from HS to declare for the draft.

draft eligibility rules for the NFL https://operations.nfl.com/journey-t...-of-the-draft/

To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league?s approval to enter the draft early.
    Players are draft-eligible only in the year after the end of their college eligibility
    The title of the thread is: Top 10 draft eligible QB's. No where does it say when they will be drafted or what year. That is not guaranteed.

END.

Legend

User Info Menu

The title of the thread is: Top 10 draft eligible QB's. No where does it say when they will be drafted or what year.
    sure sounds like you were referring to the 2024 draft class.

It's a little early to start talking about the draft, but our QB1 isn't playing well and this 2024 QB class is absolutely loaded!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    sure sounds like you were referring to the 2024 draft class.
    so weird when people can?t admit they made a mistake. What makes it even weirder is folks told him Allar wasn?t eligible the first time he brought him up and he still doubled down. He asked for evidence too so obviously he really wants Allar on this 2024 list.

and why does he think the title and OP aren?t connected? lmao. He brought up the title like he didn’t add that extra information about 2024 in the first post.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-16-2023 at 08:58 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What about Sam Hartman from ND? He's a scrapper and plays hard. He could be had in later rounds in 2023.

I've watched 3 games and he looks like a good backup type for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    What about Sam Hartman from ND? He's a scrapper and plays hard. He could be had in later rounds in 2023.

I've watched 3 games and he looks like a good backup type for sure.
    USC was his best game. Definitely someone who could be available in the 4th or 5th round.