Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fan: Pickett or Canada?

Legend

User Info Menu

The Fan: Pickett or Canada?

An informal poll this afternoon on The Fan on who is the bigger problem on offense right now. Pickett and his problems or Canada and his scheme.

Evidence against Pickett:
    • poor pocket presence - moving into pressure, fleeing without pressure
    • inaccurate throws
    • not seeing the open receivers

Evidence against Canada:
    • simpleton scheme
    • multiple season fails
    • sketchy in game play calling

According to The Depot defenses have taken away Pickett's favorite throw, deep outside. They are forcing him to look elsewhere and he is struggling. Canada hasn't devised schemes to improve the situation.

If the criteria is judging right now, I have to say Pickett is the bigger problem. He hasn't progressed as teams have learned what he can and can't do.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's really both of them for the reasons stated. Both have been subpar, but KP's inaccuracy is the biggest issue we need fixed asap
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't be Canada, Pickett's been bad since the start of 2021.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 10-05-2023 at 05:47 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Streak continues: Steelers have now gone 39 straight games under OC Matt Canada without gaining 400+ yards.

During that span, other teams have gained 400+ yards 295 times - or 9.5 times per team.

Steelers had 225 yards today. They've been under 300 in 3 of 4 games this season.

Oct 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/sta...s-steal-one%2F
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Streak continues: Steelers have now gone 39 straight games under OC Matt Canada without gaining 400+ yards.

During that span, other teams have gained 400+ yards 295 times - or 9.5 times per team.

Steelers had 225 yards today. They've been under 300 in 3 of 4 games this season.

Oct 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/sta...s-steal-one%2F
    Just to be clear, he had a season of Ben, right?

And so many assumed Ben was just done and the OC couldn't open up his whole offense (which at the time, said to me that he's not any offensive wiz)...
    Then we blamed Mitch.
    Then we said KP was a rookie.

How many more excuses does this Canada get before we ALL lay the blame where it needs to be?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Just to be clear, he had a season of Ben, right?

And so many assumed Ben was just done and the OC couldn't open up his whole offense (which at the time, said to me that he's not any offensive wiz)...
    Then we blamed Mitch.
    Then we said KP was a rookie.

How many more excuses does this Canada get before we ALL lay the blame where it needs to be?
    I’ve always said this is the season of no excuses for Canada.

Ben WAS old with limited mobility

Mitch has always sucked. This is not up for debate.

Kenny WAS a rookie thrown into the fire early.

This year, like Joel said, Kenny isn’t a rookie anymore. Its time to blame Canada (and Kenny as well). Canada hasn’t shown any improvement that we expected after this preseason.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mitch brought the Bears to the playoffs twice. Have you noticed the Bears record this year? If Mitch sucks you can't find a word for how bad Pickett it as a player.

Legend

User Info Menu

In my opinion, you still can't properly evaluate Kenny right now. The line play has been awful, leading him to see ghosts. There's no run game to speak of. And the offense is so simple and predictable that defenses know what's coming.

I'm not sure that Patrick Mahomes would be delivering 400+ yard games in this offense right now.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Mitch brought the Bears to the playoffs twice. Have you noticed the Bears record this year? If Mitch sucks you can't find a word for how bad Pickett it as a player.
    Ask a Bears fan what they thought of Mitch.

Another AS masterpiece.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    An informal poll this afternoon on The Fan on who is the bigger problem on offense right now. Pickett and his problems or Canada and his scheme.

Evidence against Pickett:
    • poor pocket presence - moving into pressure, fleeing without pressure
    • inaccurate throws
    • not seeing the open receivers

Evidence against Canada:
    • simpleton scheme
    • multiple season fails
    • sketchy in game play calling

According to The Depot defenses have taken away Pickett's favorite throw, deep outside. They are forcing him to look elsewhere and he is struggling. Canada hasn't devised schemes to improve the situation.

If the criteria is judging right now, I have to say Pickett is the bigger problem. He hasn't progressed as teams have learned what he can and can't do.
    Mike Martz thinks it's the o-line.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/10/fo...wful-up-front/
    Last edited by papillon; 10-05-2023 at 10:49 PM.

Another AS masterpiece.