Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I've Lost All Faith in the Steelers Except For:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He gets re-treads because if he hires a guy like Kelen Moore (for example) and he does well, Tomlin feels threatened. As he should.
    bingo...I'm 1000% sold on this is why nobody good comes in.....job security and excape goats....

Legend

User Info Menu

IF...Tomlin truly hasn't had the power to hire/fire his own OC then he's been a puppet coach all along. Because real coaches (Parcell, Walsh, Gibbs, Bellichick) hire and fire their assistant coaches.
    so basically you're saying he's at fault whether he hired Canada or not?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin hired Canada.

While singling out Tomlin may fit the narative you want to create, the Steelers organization has made it clear many times that decisions are made by a combination of ownership, GM and Head Coach
    TY...
    And regardless of what anyone says, the Owner of each of the 32 teams is going to have a say in who they write paychecks to...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    To prove that I'm not just a "Tomlin Hater"..I'll say this:

If Tomlin indeed hasn't had the power to hire or fire his assistant coaches, then the blame for this debacle lays at the feet of Rooney Jr. and his antiquated ways of setting up a modern day football organization. Because puppet coaches have not worked in Dallas since Jimmy Johnson has it? So why would it work here?

But..if Tomlin has been a puppet all these years, he's been good with it and that says a lot about his character. We can't say Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips and currently Mike McCarthy are bums because their puppets and then not say the same about Tomlin.

I don't know if Tomlin has the power or not to hire and fire his assistant coaches. If he has it, he's made sure not to hire anyone who's a threat to his employment with the team. If he doesn't have it, then someone needs to go and have a loooooong conversation with Rooney Jr. about how successful football teams function in this millennium. Because Rooney currently operates like it's still 1995. And it isn't working.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Omar Khan

The fact that Matt Canada made it thru the Offseason to this point is absurd. How can anyone have faith in Mike Tomlin at this point (BTW There's no record of me being a Tomlin Hater). How can he NOT see what we see?? I believe it's PRIDE.

THE FACT that Tomlin has no "Coaching Tree" says a lot. He's been around 17 yrs without producing any significant/desirable coaches around the league (Arians & LeBeau were holdovers).

That says a lot. I'm thinking he likes people under him he has full control over and do not overshadow him.
    Darkest before the dawn my friend. Hang in there. We may go through some stuff but well be happy in the end once we finish going through it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I am self serving brother.

I was the first one here who suggested the Montana ceiling to Shawn, so he knows I?m talking about.

I actually made that comparison in the Steelers Depot comments sometime during TC or preseason. *sigh*

john green is never going to let us live this down.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

To prove that I'm not just a "Tomlin Hater"..I'll say this:

If Tomlin indeed hasn't had the power to hire or fire his assistant coaches, then the blame for this debacle lays at the feet of Rooney Jr. and his antiquated ways of setting up a modern day football organization. Because puppet coaches have not worked in Dallas since Jimmy Johnson has it? So why would it work here?

But..if Tomlin has been a puppet all these years, he's been good with it and that says a lot about his character. We can't say Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips and currently Mike McCarthy are bums because their puppets and then not say the same about Tomlin.

I don't know if Tomlin has the power or not to hire and fire his assistant coaches. If he has it, he's made sure not to hire anyone who's a threat to his employment with the team. If he doesn't have it, then someone needs to go and have a loooooong conversation with Rooney Jr. about how successful football teams function in this millennium. Because Rooney currently operates like it's still 1995. And it isn't working.
    who said Garrett McCarthey and Phillips were bums?

seems like only those who are championship or bums would say that.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    He is; hahahahhaha. He's a nice guy but he's been in over his head for a long time now. People are seeing it for what it really is now.

Legend

User Info Menu

While singling out Tomlin may fit the narative you want to create, the Steelers organization has made it clear many times that decisions are made by a combination of ownership, GM and Head Coach
    Boom......
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Banned

User Info Menu

I went to google and asked, " who hired Matt Canada?" This is what google said:

Did the Rooneys hire Matt Canada?

The decision to hire former Pitt offensive coordinator Matt Canada as QB coach came from Rooney, who said it was important ?finding someone who was the right fit. Mike is comfortable knowing Matt from down the hall.?Jan 15, 2020