Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Canada gets fired ......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Canada gets fired ......

in season it would likely come after the Ravens game. This would give Mike Sullivan 2 weeks to prepare for the Rams game. Realistically Sullivan is the only choice. They can't bring in someone from the outside as they won't know the terminology. I'd also hire Mark Whipple to replace Sullivan as the QB coach. As most of you know Whipple was KP's OC at Pitt. Sullivan is the only coach on the staff with prior play calling experience.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    in season it would likely come after the Ravens game. This would give Mike Sullivan 2 weeks to prepare for the Rams game. Realistically Sullivan is the only choice. They can't bring in someone from the outside as they won't know the terminology. I'd also hire Mark Whipple to replace Sullivan as the QB coach. As most of you know Whipple was KP's OC at Pitt. Sullivan is the only coach on the staff with prior play calling experience.
    Yes, I'd like to see Sully call a game, however, the formations, and plays are all the same, unless he can change things up a bit during the season. There are flaws in some of these formations Canada has.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I’d take Sully.

I read a fault of Canada is his stubbornness.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Yes, I'd like to see Sully call a game, however, the formations, and plays are all the same, unless he can change things up a bit during the season. There are flaws in some of these formations Canada has.
    Indeed they are, Sullivan would have to weed out the worst of the garbage.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Glenn Thomas also has Offensive Co. experience.

But I think you're right on target either Mike Sullivan or Glenn Thomas would likely take over play calling.

And unless Whipple is retired - I don't understand why he isn't on this team to begin with.

L.B.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If there is this much consternation about the offense by the bye week and especially about Kenny P, I guarantee Art II will fire Canada, the Sunday night of the last game before the bye. He needs to know by the end of this season that Kenny is the QB.

It is clear from watching Kenny P play, he is scared and uneasy. I don't know if this is as good as he gets but he deserves a shot. Art II will give it to him by sh*tcanning Canada at the bye if he needs to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    Glenn Thomas also has Offensive Co. experience.

But I think you're right on target either Mike Sullivan or Glenn Thomas would likely take over play calling.

And unless Whipple is retired - I don't understand why he isn't on this team to begin with.

L.B.
    I tend to think Glenn Thomas was brought in for this job. I know folks are leaning Sully, but I suspect if Thomas has any kind of work ethic that Tomlin notices, he's the choice.

Reading their bios, Sully seems to have more moves where the team wasn't successful as a whole and coaches were fired. I don't see as much of that with Thomas - more of his moves were steps up.

I read a quote where Brian Billick called Thomas one of the bright offensive minds in the game once upon a time.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    If there is this much consternation about the offense by the bye week and especially about Kenny P, I guarantee Art II will fire Canada, the Sunday night of the last game before the bye. He needs to know by the end of this season that Kenny is the QB.

It is clear from watching Kenny P play, he is scared and uneasy. I don't know if this is as good as he gets but he deserves a shot. Art II will give it to him by sh*tcanning Canada at the bye if he needs to.
    I hope this is true...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Orlovsky thinks Canada is the biggest problem with the O.

Is Canada Kenny's Urban Meyer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Orlovsky thinks Canada is the biggest problem with the O.

Is Canada Kenny's Urban Meyer?
    that's a great analogy.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha