Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It looks like...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Crazy stat, KP has more passing yards than the following QBs through two weeks - Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Prescott, Watson and Purdy.
    add Jaylen Hurts, Geno Smith, Jimmy G to the list too.

and Trevor Lawrence has 3 more passing yards and that offense could only muster 9 points vs KC while winning the TO battle 3 to 1.

but I think this week will tell us a lot, we played 2 great defenses and if Kenny struggles next week its going to be a long season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's not just the two games this season. Look at his stats from the last two games last season, against division rivals.

vs BAL = 55% completion
    vs CLE = 45% completion
    vs CLE (2023) = 50% completion

One game is an anomaly. Two a hiccup. THREE is a trend.
    Someone's is using data. It is more than this. Look at his performance vs. winning teams if you dare.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Someone's is using data. It is more than this. Look at his performance vs. winning teams if you dare.
    That’s the thing.. all of KP good numbers are against garbage teams. But we’ve got some posters in here that are going to prop KP up after he has decent numbers against the Raiders garbage defense. You watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

As bad as he was Monday night (I was at the game) I'm not convinced he was the worst QB on the field. Watson was mostly awful with some seriously boneheaded mistakes.

Our very good defense made Watson look pretty bad and get frustrated. But Watson is a stupidly-paid veteran.

The Clowns very good defense made Kenny look pretty bad. But Kenny is a 2nd year QB still learning the ropes. I still have high hopes for him, especially since he seems to learn from mistakes.

Canada on the other hand, is a complete waste of a coaching position IMO and is wasting Kenny's developmental time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    As bad as he was Monday night (I was at the game) I'm not convinced he was the worst QB on the field. Watson was mostly awful with some seriously boneheaded mistakes.

Our very good defense made Watson look pretty bad and get frustrated. But Watson is a stupidly-paid veteran.

The Clowns very good defense made Kenny look pretty bad. But Kenny is a 2nd year QB still learning the ropes. I still have high hopes for him, especially since he seems to learn from mistakes.

Canada on the other hand, is a complete waste of a coaching position IMO and is wasting Kenny's developmental time.
    Spot on. Watson blaming the defenders for the face mask calls was classic. He’s probably blaming the masseuse for…..nevermind.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OT - Amarius Mims, OT - Georgia
    2.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    3.) DE - Jered Verse, DE - Florida State
    4a.) ILB - Jerimiah Trotter LB - Clemson
    4b.) QB - Mike Pratt - QB - Tulane
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) LB -Marist Liufau ILB - Notre Dame

UDFA: P, WR, S. C

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Kp gets right this week and starts to roll. He will throw 3 td's vs the Raiders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Crazy stat, KP has more passing yards than the following QBs through two weeks - Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Prescott, Watson and Purdy.

When are they firing their Offensive Coordinators? We know that is the one solution that automatically solves all problems
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    When are they firing their Offensive Coordinators? We know that is the one solution that automatically solves all problems
    Well it's not like they're going to fire the QB (at least I don't think so). Something's gotta give. If KP stinks it up against LV I wouldn't be opposed to letting him sit a game... take a mental break, regroup, restart. Belichick did the same with Jones.

btw, if ever there was a case study on OC effects, NE is a textbook example. The offense has actually looked like an offense this season compared to last year.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 09-20-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I was thinking about this last night. Pickett is a film junkie, studies relentlessly according to reports. But there is also a real thing call 'test anxiety'. Come exam day some people just work themselves up to failure. There is also 'paralysis by analysis'. Too much info causing indecision. I don't know if KP has either of these, but the thought did come across my mind. It may simply be KP needing to work out what things should be focused on and what things he should filter out. That can only come with experience.
    I think its many things, yes his processing speed isnt fast enough. While he doesnt have a weak arm he also doesnt have a whip. So combine slightly lower velocities with slower processing and this is the result. Now, if this process of learning doesnt cripple him his processing will improve and he will get better. How much better is anyones guess. How long that takes is anyones guess and can the Steelers afford to be patient with him?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think its many things, yes his processing speed isnt fast enough. While he doesnt have a weak arm he also doesnt have a whip. So combine slightly lower velocities with slower processing and this is the result. Now, if this process of learning doesnt cripple him his processing will improve and he will get better. How much better is anyones guess. How long that takes is anyones guess and can the Steelers afford to be patient with him?
    Found this writeup from last season. Copy and paste so far for this season:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category...important-one/

2. Accuracy

This is arguably the most important asset a quarterback must have to play in the NFL. This is one area that Pickett needs to improve upon. It took him until his senior year to prove he was accurate. (67%) At times, he is impeccably accurate, while at other times, there are inexcusable misses.

On this play last Sunday night against the Bengals, Pickett delivers the ball to the outside digit of Pat Freiermuth (https://www.the33rdteam.com/players/pat-freiermuth-19981025) with a clean pocket (above). This ball was thrown between two Bengal defenders but precisely away from the nearest defender, #33. This is the difference between a well-located throw and precise accuracy that allows a receiver to maximize the run after catch.
    There is evidence validated by the tape that he can be a high percentage and predominantly accurate passer in the future. But the evidence below shows that there is work to be done.

The picture above is only one of several plays over the last three weeks where Pickett has missed wide-open receivers with a clean pocket. Here he throws high and away from Najee Harris in the open field.

Here, with a wide-open pocket to complete a throwing motion, Pickett misses Freiermuth over the middle (above).

On the first play of the Saints game, with excellent protection and a clear sight line to Pickens, Pickett throws behind the receiver (above). With such pure passing fundamentals and more work on the field with receivers, and a better understanding of the system, I am hopeful we will soon see dramatic improvement.

Against one-on-one coverage, Pickett overthrows Dionte Johnson and does not allow him to make a play on the ball (above).
    As excited as I am about Pickett?s future, this is an area of improvement that will be key to his overall success in Pittsburgh. He must make these throws.