Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Browns Is The Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

The Browns Is The Browns

I noticed there?s no threads about the Browns on here.

Anyone have any thoughts or predictions for tonight?

Legend

User Info Menu

This place is turning into a troll site. Ironically, while a lot were banned recently, others remain and carry personal grudges around into every thread and derail it. My guess is that it's keeping the good posters who just want to talk Steelers football away.

I'm not super optimistic given the matchup and the Steelers' injuries, but the intangibles/history are on our side -- home MNF, rebounding after bad loss, etc.

If we lose this one, all of that talk of a great offseason turns into something much, much different.

Legend

User Info Menu

I do not know what to think about tonight especially with all the injuries.

Aside from the injuries, still loads of questions.

How will we stop Chubb?
    Has Watson turned back into a top 5 QB?
    Has the Browns D gotten even better?

No matter what happens here, I do think we are evolving in the right direction and worst case is it will just take a little more time to right the ship.

I think it has been a long slow turning ship where we tried to be competitive all the way thru.

We bit the bullet on the cap and let key players like Hargrave and Hilton go which is not a formula for success. But we still hung on to Ben for another couple years and that is fine and all, but it delayed the rebuild.

We got Kenny and cleaned up the books and had some money to invest in the team. We really did have a good offseason building a roster.

And now it is down to Kenny, coaching, and health. We seem to be giving Kenny a little more leash and hopefully we stick with it and either let him take the next step or continue learning going into season 3.

In the meantime, would be nice if the D and running game can carry him a little either way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not too long ago most Steelers fans EXPECTED to beat the Browns but now we all just HOPE that the Steelers can beat the Browns. The standard is officially substandard.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point I'm torn -- I'd almost rather see a loss with Kenny playing like a top QB than an ugly win and Kenny looking like last week. It's about the future of the franchise at this point, this team has no real championship aspirations this year, and if Kenny ain't the guy, they won't have them for the foreseeable future.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Not too long ago most Steelers fans EXPECTED to beat the Browns but now we all just HOPE that the Steelers can beat the Browns. The standard is officially substandard.
    tonight's game is huge.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    At this point I'm torn -- I'd almost rather see a loss with Kenny playing like a top QB than an ugly win and Kenny looking like last week. It's about the future of the franchise at this point, this team has no real championship aspirations this year, and if Kenny ain't the guy, they won't have them for the foreseeable future.
    I understand the way your feeling.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's what I think. I watched some of the Rams , 49ers game yesterday and I saw the Rams moving the ball on the 49ers. They had receivers running open and they opened holes with their O-Line.

We couldn't get a receiver open until the end of the 1st half. Our O-Line could not open an interior hole the whole game. It looked like every 49er defender was within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. My question is are we that bad or do D coordinators have the book on our offense.

My conclusion is, the other team knows what we are doing. They can defend us before the snap. They don't have to react. I'm afraid that if we can't overcome our own coaching we won't score enough points.

Why can't we play the Texans or somebody like that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Here's what I think. I watched some of the Rams , 49ers game yesterday and I saw the Rams moving the ball on the 49ers. They had receivers running open and they opened holes with their O-Line.

We couldn't get a receiver open until the end of the 1st half. Our O-Line could not open an interior hole the whole game. It looked like every 49er defender was within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. My question is are we that bad or do D coordinators have the book on our offense.

My conclusion is, the other team knows what we are doing. They can defend us before the snap. They don't have to react. I'm afraid that if we can't overcome our own coaching we won't score enough points.

Why can't we play the Texans or somebody like that.
    I've been saying this for months. The Steelers thought winning low-scoring games over bad teams was a sign they didn't need to change course. They're getting the wakeup call now.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I've been saying this for months. The Steelers thought winning low-scoring games over bad teams was a sign they didn't need to change course. They're getting the wakeup call now.
    You could be right. Not quite sure yet. I don't thnk they're any bad teams, just teams not as good as the top tier.