Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jones Practicing at RT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jones Practicing at RT

According to reports I?ve seen, Jones has been practicing at RT with Chuks still in concussion protocol.

He said on Friday, that he prefers the right side. As I said all along, he?d be better off at RT in the NFL.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    According to reports I?ve seen, Jones has been practicing at RT with Chuks still in concussion protocol.

He said on Friday, that he prefers the right side. As I said all along, he?d be better off at RT in the NFL.
    Good news. Get Jones on the field and start to send Chuks and his oversized contract out the door
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Good news. Get Jones on the field and start to send Chuks and his oversized contract out the door
    Agreed. It's obvious that Chuks will on his way out with that contract. Best to get Jones the reps now over on right side.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope you're wrong on Jones being better at RT. You're the first person I've read or heard with this opinion.

My friend, former NFL o-lineman, and current cbs college football analysts, Aaron Taylor had Broderick as his #1 rated LT prospect in the draft.

I've been thinking it's more a case of Moore being bad at RT than Jones being a natural RT.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would Jones be better off at RT at the highest level?

Legend

User Info Menu

Chuks is going to play, Jone should start on the left and Moore should grab pine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Why would Jones be better off at RT at the highest level?
    At his age, he just seems slower to me than Dan is. But Dan has 2 years of NFL experience under his belt, and Jones doesn’t. Jones and Moore are roughly the same measurables. Weight, Height, arm length, etc. I think he is going to have troubles playing against top tiered DE’s in the NFL on the blind side. He’s a huge individual, and may need to lose a few pounds. Just my 2 cents. Like Roethlisberger said, he’s their #1 pick, so eventually by default, the business side of things, he’ll play where he was drafted at, but that’s just wrong, in my opinion. Personally, I would’ve drafted a DL in round 1. Now Cam is out.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm excited to hear this. I feel like it's less impact on a line that has been working together... OFTEN, guys start at RT, then move to LT as they get comfortable in the league. I think this is a good thing.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed. It's obvious that Chuks will on his way out with that contract. Best to get Jones the reps now over on right side.
    I see another high-end tackle coming in the door for 2024, whether via draft or FA...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dan Moore is so bad that you gotta sooner than later put Jones in at LT & replace that sieve of a bum.