Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now that the dust has settled

Legend

User Info Menu

Gotta love our knowledgeable fans.
    Praising how good SF is after beating us like a dog, but not one person predicted a steeler loss.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Accuracy has little to do with how wide open a receiver is. A receiver could be 100% blanketed and the pass is still accurate. KP's passes were not accurate. According to SIS;

Pickett:
    0-10 yds; 66% of passes were accurate (23rd)
    11-20 yds; 56% of passes were accurate (take heart, it's the same accuracy Josh Allen had and better than a bunch of name QBs; Watson, Hurts, Herbert, Stafford, Carr)

Purdy:
    0-10 yds; 57% accuracy
    11-20 yds; 78% accuracy

Pickett struggled last season on the intermediate routes. That is the one area we need to see a big improvement happen if he is going to be the guy.
    I'm trying to take heart. Lol

The most disheartening aspect of Kenny's performance last week was the regression of accuracy that seemed so much improved throughout training camp and preseason. I'm still expecting improvement this year. He was an accurate passer in college and that usually translates well to the NFL.

As far as the covered or not covered accuracy, I would imagine it's at least a little bit easier to throw an accurate pass to a wide open receiver without the pressure of trying to thread the needle past defenders.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I've said several times before that Purdy was the most accurate passer in his class by a good margin. And that goes for pressure passing as well. Why was he passed over? One can only wonder... maybe the scouts thought Breece Hall was the reason their offense worked?
    Purdy's played 8 games in the league in the best offense ever designed, surrounded with All-Pro weapons, with the best D in the league at his back. He's basically an Alabama QB right now.

Let's pump the brakes on the HOF bust.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 09-17-2023 at 07:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Gotta love our knowledgeable fans.
    Praising how good SF is after beating us like a dog, but not one person predicted a steeler loss.
    On Gameday? Imma predict 17 wins this year because I'm a fan and the optimism gives me a reason to watch the game...

Frankly, looking at the season as a whole, I've said 2-4 or 3-3 in division.... But, come gameday of each of those 6 games, I'm picking the Steelers.

Wanna know who I'm picking tonight or was that clear enough? lol

I would imagine that if you looked at the prediction thread from the summer when emotion is less involved, you'd find that there were some SF picks.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    I'm trying to take heart. Lol

The most disheartening aspect of Kenny's performance last week was the regression of accuracy that seemed so much improved throughout training camp and preseason. I'm still expecting improvement this year. He was an accurate passer in college and that usually translates well to the NFL.

As far as the covered or not covered accuracy, I would imagine it's at least a little bit easier to throw an accurate pass to a wide open receiver without the pressure of trying to thread the needle past defenders.
    When we talk about regression in accuracy, doesn't that come down to not practicing the mechanics of the position enough? The little things have to be practiced over and over again. So they become second nature. If that's not happening then that is a whole other issue that has to be addressed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Purdy's played 8 games in the league in the best offense ever designed, surrounded with All-Pro weapons, with the best D in the league at his back. He's basically an Alabama QB right now.

Let's pump the brakes on the HOF bust.
    NAH, i'm gonna give Purdy respect especially if he gets a ring or two. Because your argument is exactly what haters of Bradshaw & Ben did gave all the credit to the defense & run game & made them out to be just game managers,.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    On Gameday? Imma predict 17 wins this year because I'm a fan and the optimism gives me a reason to watch the game...

Frankly, looking at the season as a whole, I've said 2-4 or 3-3 in division.... But, come gameday of each of those 6 games, I'm picking the Steelers.

Wanna know who I'm picking tonight or was that clear enough? lol

I would imagine that if you looked at the prediction thread from the summer when emotion is less involved, you'd find that there were some SF picks.
    exactly... lol.

I've never predicted a 17-0 season but on game week I'm ALWAYS predicting a win.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"