Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 drafted QB's.

Legend

User Info Menu

2022 drafted QB's!

This will be a weekly thread.

In first place we have Purdy. He looks like a pro bowl player. Nuff said..

In second place is Howell. Sam Howell played decent. He was 19-31 202 yards 1 td , 1 int, and ran for 1 td .

Rider was very quiet going 15 - 18 115 yards 1 TD And he played an easy opponent. A default 3rd place.

In last place is Pickett. He threw it 46 times for a lowly 5 yard per attempt and threw 1, td 2 interceptions. He was off several times and should have been picked for a third time.

Let see how these four play next week.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 10-02-2023 at 08:03 AM.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kenny Pickett sucked. You can blame the poor pass protection all you want, but even when he had time, he consistently missed throws. He had happy feet in the pocket and at no point looked like he was comfortable. Make no mistake, the entire team outside of TJ Watt was about as terrible as it gets, but Pickett was especially disappointing.

Legend

User Info Menu

KP8 was terrible, but I look for him to rebound.

Lets not forget Corral, who gutlessly left his team, high and dry. Quitter.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

Sign Mason Rudolph

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Kenny Pickett sucked. You can blame the poor pass protection all you want, but even when he had time, he consistently missed throws. He had happy feet in the pocket and at no point looked like he was comfortable. Make no mistake, the entire team outside of TJ Watt was about as terrible as it gets, but Pickett was especially disappointing.
    When you QB play like this, the WR's are not a factor. He threw if short often even when the Niners defense was backing off when the game was over. He did not locate men quickly enough. I saw two likely TD passes or big plays that he didn't.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    KP8 was terrible, but I look for him to rebound.

Lets not forget Corral, who gutlessly left his team, high and dry. Quitter.
    Corral is now on New England. When he starts, I will comment on him.

Pickett played awful. Just like he did vs the Bills, Eagles and Dolphins. The better teams we played, and we played one today in the 49ers. Notice a trend? He can't beat a good team. 0-4 vs teams with winning records. And he played well in none of these games. Think about it, Chuck.

I must admit the low IQ Corral is easy to pick on. I did not know his wonderlic score until after he was drafted.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 09-10-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

These are 2022 drafted QB's.. not 2023

Matt Corral dipped on the Patriots? WTF is that about?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Corral is now on New England. When he starts, I will comment on him.

Pickett played awful. Just like he did vs the Bills, Eagles and Dolphins. The better teams we played, and we played one today in the 49ers. Notice a trend? He can't beat a good team. 0-4 vs teams with winning records. And he played well in none of these games. Think about it, Chuck.

I must admit the low IQ Corral is easy to pick on. I did not know his wonderlic score until after he was drafted.
    Matt Corral went missing a few days ago and hasn't been in the teams facilities. Dude is on the run. I thought Chuck made a mistake but the story sounds wild.

Has nothing to do with his wonderlic score.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 09-10-2023 at 05:27 PM.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Matt Corral went missing a few days ago and hasn't been in the teams facilities. Dude is on the run. I thought Cuck made a mistake but the story sounds wild.

Has nothing to do with his wonderlic score.
    Bad judgment and decisions and not being able to read a defense well are hallmarks of low wonderlic scores.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Bad judgment and decisions and not being able to read a defense well are hallmarks of low wonderlic scores.
    He didn't show up to work the last 2 days and missed the game.

That is beyond bad judgement.

He quit on his team. Might be the end of his career unless he was kidnapped or has a real good story for why he ended up missing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He didn't show up to work the last 2 days and missed the game.

That is beyond bad judgement.

He quit on his team. Might be the end of his career unless he was kidnapped or has a real good story for why he ended up missing.
    We will see what the story is. Hoodie is not one to talk.