Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals about to sign Burrow

Legend

User Info Menu

Bengals about to sign Burrow

Sounds like a mega-deal. Good for him, bad for the Bengals, I say. He's not Brady or Mahomes, he needs elite weapons all over the field to play like he's playing, IMO. His only great years in college and the NFL are when he literally had the best weapons in the country.

They will need him to win with less than stellar WRs, like Brady and Mahomes did, or sign all of those guys, too, and skimp elsewhere. Either way, it feels like their window is starting to close.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...-talks-bengals

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Let the contract dwarf any one elses. Highest paid player in the history of the league! by a lot

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe its a coincidence but I always felt like the injury was his way of “sitting in” without looking like he was holding out for an extension before the season.

But I also don’t think its true he needs the best talent at WR to succeed. Most really good QB’s also have good WR’s or a great TE.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Sounds like a mega-deal. Good for him, bad for the Bengals, I say. He's not Brady or Mahomes, he needs elite weapons all over the field to play like he's playing, IMO. His only great years in college and the NFL are when he literally had the best weapons in the country.

They will need him to win with less than stellar WRs, like Brady and Mahomes did, or sign all of those guys, too, and skimp elsewhere. Either way, it feels like their window is starting to close.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...-talks-bengals
    Expect a defense ranked in the bottom third every year after his contract hits the cap
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Has anyone seen the numbers being thrown around?

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Expect a defense ranked in the bottom third every year after his contract hits the cap
    But if the cap goes up, that helps the Bengals.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Burrow is a very good QB.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think Burrow is a very good QB.
    I think he's better than what some are giving him credit for.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Has anyone seen the numbers being thrown around?

Pappy
    my guess is he will definitely average over $50 million/year, probably closer to $55/per...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

My guess is 10 years 580 million fully guaranteed. Or maybe that?s wishful thinking.
    Trolls are people too.