Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MNF Exec. - Last Call

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MNF Exec. - Last Call

First of all thank you to the MODS for giving MNF Exec. a "Sticky" -- it's very much appreciated!

If anyone wants to join the annual MNF Exec game - its at the top of the board.

I just need your schedule before kickoff on Thursday - you can post it on the thread or PM it to me.

I've had a few people in the past tell me it looks complicated -- and I appreciate that, however many of us who understand ALL of the rules very well have finished close to dead last on numerous occasions.

If you can predict Winning Teams playing against each other and giving us CLOSE scoring, nail biting games.....you'll do well.

I would definitely rather have people give it a shot and not know what they're doing than not playing because they don't want to look bad.

I created this game and have only won once and have been playing for over 15 years......it really can't be more embarrassing than that.

Anyway -- kickoff for the new season approaches - if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask in the main thread - we have plenty of people who can answer them.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    If anyone wants to join the annual MNF Exec game - its at the top of the board.
    To chime in on this, I was super intimated the first time I played. Lemme give you what I realized after entering

The goal is to pick the best game for a fan to watch that week. Period.

All those "rules" are simply what makes a game good: last minute scores, somebody scores multiple TDs, and firsts by premier rookies; all this is more interesting as you move into the season and the teams are fighting for playoff spots

But, you simply look at each week and say, "Ooooh, week Steelers v Ravens is 2 good teams, is going to be close and may determine a playoff spot. THAT will be the best game that week"

That's all
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    To chime in on this, I was super intimated the first time I played. Lemme give you what I realized after entering

The goal is to pick the best game for a fan to watch that week. Period.

All those "rules" are simply what makes a game good: last minute scores, somebody scores multiple TDs, and firsts by premier rookies; all this is more interesting as you move into the season and the teams are fighting for playoff spots

But, you simply look at each week and say, "Ooooh, week Steelers v Ravens is 2 good teams, is going to be close and may determine a playoff spot. THAT will be the best game that week"

That's all

Thank you SteelerofDeville - this is absolutely what I was shooting for.

L.B.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you guys have it all wrong. the correct strategy is to find some sorry team that others can run up the score on. Think cardinals this year and pick their game every week. If you're in it to win it - you gotta trust the judgement of past champions....

Oh, I also recommend shorting Pfizer. It's clear Covid is totally over and there will never be a need for future vaccines.

so let it be written......so let it be done.

you're welcome.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

It took me 15 years to realize you keep changing the rules and it keeps getting harder.

I plan to enter yet again. Just need to consult ChatGPT a little more who might be more confused by the rules than I am.

The easy pick might be the Steelers for every game this year. If we follow the preaseason Kenny should lead us to 20-25 touchdowns a game. We really need some bonus points for the perfect QB.

Backup

User Info Menu

the more thought I put into it the worse I do.
    2020 MNF Exec Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    Truer words were never spoken. It took me about 15 minutes including typing the games into my post with selections. Of course, the teams that I think will be competitive will suck and teams that I think will suck will be competitive and I'll end at the bottom or near the bottom. So, let it be said, so, let it be done.

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Same.

The hilarious thing is I always think I have an AWESOME schedule to begin with and then fast forward about 3 Weeks and I'm asking out loud to myself......"What was I thinking?!!??"

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ha I should do pretty well this year then

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

don't be afraid to play......the worst that happens is, you go to the lounge with hot bartenders.
    2020 MNF Exec Champion