Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offensive tackles camp grades

Legend

User Info Menu

Offensive tackles camp grades

A good article by Alex Kozora.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/08/2023-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-grades-offensive-tackles/
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and focused on the right free agents and draft needs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Link posted improperly. It has been explained a thousand times here (just for Bawb alone). Use the icon that looks like a roll of film.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My way to early draft:

1.) Center
    2.) ILB
    3.) WR
    4.) OT
    5.) ILB
    6.) WR
    7.) OT

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2011-2022 season,(A 12 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    A good article by Alex Kozora.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/08/2023-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-grades-offensive-tackles/
    I think overall the grades may be a bit high, as we do not have near pro-bowlers in each OT on the roster. I am pretty sure some of them deserved a "C" grade more than a "B." But overall, the unit is in much better shape than it was a year ago, under the construction of the cantankerous Colbert who has let us down several times in his unwillingness to provide a quality OT unit. Kahn kicked his @ss again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cook had some real good days at camp. Wrote that up a few times. Spoke with Alex about Cook and he liked him too but we needed to see more. Game tape was needed. He has played well enough and he can play both G & T. Given the choice of Green n Cook it's Cook all the way imho.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Cook had some real good days at camp. Wrote that up a few times. Spoke with Alex about Cook and he liked him too but we needed to see more. Game tape was needed. He has played well enough and he can play both G & T. Given the choice of Green n Cook it's Cook all the way imho.
    Also of note: Given the choice between Cook and a pile of dog shlt, it's Cook all the way there too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Also of note: Given the choice between Cook and a pile of dog shlt, it's Cook all the way there too.
    Well just cause I thought Cook can play on Sundays who knows what the Steelers really think of him. We'll know soon enough. I thought Muse had a chance to make the 53 and he was cut so what do I know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well just cause I thought Cook can play on Sundays who knows what the Steelers really think of him. We'll know soon enough. I thought Muse had a chance to make the 53 and he was cut so what do I know.
    I wasn't attempting to rip on Cook, I was comparing Green to dog poop is all. No offense intended.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I wasn't attempting to rip on Cook, I was comparing Green to dog poop is all. No offense intended.
    No issue at all. Cook even if he does make it he's likely 52 or 53 so he won't be getting a helmet on Sundays at least not off the jump.

Legend

User Info Menu

of the small sample i took from him, I thought he looked a little stiff. but as OL 8/9 that shouldn't completely kill his chances here.

ramon looked stiff from day 1 till the end of his 10 yr plus career