Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will khan make a trade in next 48 hours

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Will khan make a trade in next 48 hours

So the last few years with Colbert we got to this point in the year where we regularly traded a day 3 draft pick or two because we were always scrambling to fill a hole or two where our depth was lacking. It seemed like we always lacked draft capital on draft day and lacked those extra picks to take that next step.
    A new sheriff in town now. And since we have some depth can Khan move a player to accumulate draft capital? Can we trade one of our bubble players and set us up for a better 24 draft?
    Camp and pre-season has been better than expected. A trade even for a day 3 selection would be welcome. I'm not going to list our candidates but we have a few players who may allow for a trade to happen. Next 48 hours should be interesting before the roster cut down to 53.

Backup

User Info Menu

I hope he will trade one DL for a CB or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield will be going at it for the next decade or so.

Legend

User Info Menu

If anything, maybe a safety.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

Sign Mason Rudolph

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Who has any value and would be worth trading?

Gentry - Possible #2 TE
    Dotson - Starter last season, plays both G positions
    Watts - started 21 games last 2 years
    Norwood - if they are sold on Kenny Robinson
    Madre Harper - Assuming they prefer Sullivan and Elijah Riley

Dotson or Gentry maybe 5th or 6th, the others might bring a 7th if lucky. Each of these guys are those who can easily miss the 53, so no harm there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

Gentry - Possible #2 TE

Dotson or Gentry maybe 5th or 6th, the others might bring a 7th if lucky. Each of these guys are those who can easily miss the 53, so no harm there.
    I'd guess OL. Dotson for sure (but may be more valuable on the team), maybe even Green?

I think there's always a shortage of OL in the league and even bad backups get snagged off the waiver wire.

My guess is that we keep Gentry this season.
    So, it could be that teams lower in the order might be willing to trade something (even maybe swapping late picks so there's little net difference) for those guys.

Waivers apply to NFL players with 4 or fewer years of service. So both Dotson and Green would have to go through waivers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dotson and Gentry maybe. See no reason to keep Gentry at this point.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To me it makes no sense to keep Kendrick Green. He only dressed what 4 games last year. His play in this preseason was at best bad, correct. No one will trade anything for him. We couldn't get a ham sandwich for him. We will cut him and pick him up on the practice squad because no one will pick him up.

He must have something on the Steelers if they don't cut him. He belongs in the WWE or whatever the initials are these days, not the NFL. It is a real shame that Big Ben had to have this guy as his center the last year. How do you think KP would have done with Green as center?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    To me it makes no sense to keep Kendrick Green. He only dressed what 4 games last year. His play in this preseason was at best bad, correct. No one will trade anything for him. We couldn't get a ham sandwich for him. We will cut him and pick him up on the practice squad because no one will pick him up.

He must have something on the Steelers if they don't cut him. He belongs in the WWE or whatever the initials are these days, not the NFL. It is a real shame that Big Ben had to have this guy as his center the last year. How do you think KP would have done with Green as center?
    You see what we did for Kenny this offseason. Protect the future. Makes me wonder if Colbert was a bit bitter about Rooney insisting on another year with Ben.

I believe Ben said he felt like Colbert was the one who truly made him feel like he wasn’t wanted that last year.

Also, I believe Green will be cut, I don’t think anyone is going to trade for him.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Gentry - Possible #2 TE

Carolina's OL is horrible. The Steelers have a connection there so I could see Dotson to them for a 5th round pick. I think they really like what Cook has shown so Clark might be good for a 7th round pick. Also wouldn't be opposed to a Gunner trade for maybe a 4th round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gentry - Possible #2 TE

I think you are generally over rating what these players are worth. I'll accept a 7th round pick each player. Or higher.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.