Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1, 9ers favored by 2.5

Rookie

User Info Menu

The longer Bosa waits to sign the more I like our chances.

Legend

User Info Menu

We've done pretty well in week 1 against good teams lately.

We were not a better team than the Bengals last season or the Bills the year before.

I think that teams that are favorites to compete for their conference championships tend to be less hungry in week 1 than teams that are pretty sure they'll be in a dog fight for a WC spot most of the year.

I don't bet on sports, but I could see us winning in week 1. But either way, it should be a good game for us to test ourselves.

Looks like Watt has a nice matchup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Steeler View Post
    The longer Bosa waits to sign the more I like our chances.
    I think too many fans are focused on Bosa when in fact there is a potentially even more dangerous matchup; Cole vs Hargrave. Collapsing the middle of the pocket is not a QB friendly afternoon.
    I'm seeing a bunch of scrambles on the day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are the Steelers getting Purdy or Darnold?

Pappy

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think too many fans are focused on Bosa when in fact there is a potentially even more dangerous matchup; Cole vs Hargrave. Collapsing the middle of the pocket is not a QB friendly afternoon.
    I'm seeing a bunch of scrambles on the day.
    Run up the middle on him. Hargrave blew vs the run with us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Run up the middle on him. Hargrave blew vs the run with us.
    Could be a big day for Harris.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Are the Steelers getting Purdy or Darnold?

Pappy
    Purdy will start.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

pure guess on my part, but I think vegas is rating the two offenses as a toss-up and giving a slight edge to SF's defense. Going into a week 1 when everything is still unknown - if that's what's going on, I don't think that's an unfair comparison.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like the good guys are getting the nod, by a squeaker, from the media....

https://www.49erswebzone.com/article...et-49ers-week/

Will the Steelers upset the 49ers in Week 1?
    Rohan Chakravarthi
    By Rohan Chakravarthi follow
    Sep 2, 2023 at 6:30 PM ? 7

The San Francisco 49ers are just eight days away from being back in action, as they travel to face the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 1 to start off the 2023 NFL season.

Ahead of the 2023 season, the 49ers have been seen by many analysts as a top contender in the NFC, with projections from oddsmakers having them winning the NFC West.

However, the Steelers face a stronger challenge than one may expect with a developing offense and strong defense, led by head coach Mike Tomlin, which presents questions as to whether they can upset the 49ers in Week 1.

What do the experts think?

For every game of the season, NFL Network's panel of analysts provide their score predictions, and their thoughts on the 49ers' Week 1 matchup may surprise you.

Six of the ten analysts on the panel picked the Steelers to upset the 49ers, with three believing that the outcome will go in Pittsburgh's favor by just one point.

Here were the results.

Daniel Jeremiah: Steelers 17, 49ers 16
    Colleen Wolfe: 49ers 24, Steelers 17
    Adam Rank: Steelers 21, 49ers 20
    Marcas Grant: 49ers 21, Steelers 17
    Marc Sessler: 49ers 19, Steelers 16(Overtime)
    Maurice Jones-Drew: 49ers 26, Steelers 17
    Grant Gordon: Steelers 17, 49ers 16
    Nick Shook: Steelers 23, 49ers 20
    Eric Edholm: Steelers 24, 49ers 21
    Kevin Patra: Steelers 24, 49ers 21

Of course, it's hard to determine exactly what the score will be, especially with unknown factors still out there, such as the return of defensive end Nick Bosa.

Still, it's definitely eye-catching to see a multitude of analysts select the Steelers as an upset candidate in Week 1.

The 49ers and Steelers will settle the score next Sunday, with kickoff slated for 10 A.M. Pacific.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat