Ghost 2018
    Jooser 2019
    Passhappy 2020
    Whatever 2021
    Flippy - 2022

Best Single Week High Score:
    New England @ Indianapolis - Week 10 - 2009 - 145 points

Best Single Week Score - Player
    Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Pfelix73, MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Ghost, Neclams, Doogie36, Flippinburghers, Chadman, Angry Asian, Starlifter, NBC

Best Week 17 High Score
    2013 - 160 Points

Ghost, Lonbull, SteelerofDeville, Pfelix73

For those of you new to the game, here is the concept. Year in and year out my buddies and I would plan on getting a Pizza and watching Monday Night Football, sadly many of these games were real yawners. I figured anybody with common NFL sense should be able to schedule better games than what I was watching and so - Monday Night Football Executive was created, to test my theory that NFL fans could pick the closest, or most interesting games week in and week out.

I realize that NBC and ESPN have a few other things to consider when choosing their games, but in reality people across the country either want to watch their team or the best game of the week, so no excuses. If that weren't the reality NBC wouldn't use Flex scheduling.

What's at stake you ask - Bragging rights and an entry into the Hall of Champions - it's yours uncontested.

However to play for bragging rights your schedule needs to be PM'ed to me or added to this thread no later than

Thursday Sept 7th by 8:20 pm EST.

Anyone is welcome to join after the deadline however if you join after the deadline you will be ineligible to enter the Hall of Champions even if they win. Also all schedules will on display once the season begins, even if you?ve emailed them to me privately - to make sure the game is fair.

As you can see there have been some minor changes and alterations made. We?ve had some really great crews in the past few seasons and I'm looking forward to seeing who is this season's MNF Executive. If you have any questions please post them and I will do my best to address them.

Soon I will post the ESPN and NBC schedules for MNF Exec.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How to Play:

Pick 1 game per week, for the 18 week NFL Season. In general the better the two teams are (record wise), and the closer and more exciting the game is (i.e. nailbiter) the more points you'll score.

It's that simple....and that difficult.

The Rookie and Special Bonuses need to be included as a part of your 18 week schedule to earn the points, however you are NOT required to use / ?go for? any of these bonuses ? and you also are NOT required to ?Call your shot?. These Bonuses are added primarily to entice MNF Execs. to use teams that they might not include otherwise (like the Browns or Falcons).

Below is a link to the full 18 week NFL schedule.
    http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/schedule.php

Below is the Scoring table that will be used:

Final Score Points - Except Overtime games.
    35 points - If the game is decided by less than 3 points
    25 points - If the game is decided by 3 points.
    15 points - If the game is decided by 7 points or less.

(Example: If the score is 36-33 you only receive 25 points, not the 25 and the 15)

20 points - A game winning FG is attempted with 30 seconds or less left in the game
    An additional 5 points - if the winning FG is 45 yards or beyond and the kicking team makes it.

35 points - If a team wins the game (or takes the lead) with a TD, with 1 minute (or less) in Regulation.
    30 points - For all overtime games, however the final score does NOT contribute.
    35 points - If a team, previously down by 17 points or more at any point in the game, wins.

5 points - If any one player scores 3 TD's in the game.
    15 points - If any one player scores 4 TD's in the game.
    25 points - If any one player scores 5 TD's in the game.
    (An additional 5 points for any TD?s beyond 5 in a game).

10 points for every Punt Return or K.O. return TD.

15 points - If any defensive player gets 2 Int's, 2 Forced Fumbles, or 1 of each. 5 additional points for every Forced Fumble or Interception beyond that. However only 1 player can qualify for each defense in your game, and the higher scoring player will count. (Example: if TJ Watts has three forced fumbles, and Joey Porter Jr. has 2 Int's, the points would only be 20 points for Watts, NOT 20 points for Watts and an additional 15 points for Porter Jr.).

Record Bonus - From Week 5 and Beyond

10 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above.
    15 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above in the same division
    25 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above
    30 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above in the same division.

Playoff Points

3 points - For every team you include in your schedule that goes to the playoffs
    9 points - For every week your schedule involved two teams that eventually go to the playoffs.

Week 17 & 18 Rule

45 points / 100 points - In Week 17 and/or Week 18 if you guess the game that involves a team that only needs to win that game (and receive no other help from another team during that week) you receive 45 points. If that game involves two teams that only need to win to get a playoff spot the score is doubled. There can be no other factors involved to receive the points for this game, i.e. a team cannot need another team to lose that week to make it in. You do not receive additional bonus record points for this game. (Example if two 8-8 teams meet in Week 17, and both teams need to win to get in you receive only 110 points, NOT the 110 plus the record bonus of either 10/15 points)

Rookie Watch - Quarterbacks

I'm giving 20 additional points if you select THE game which features these Quarterbacks WINNING their 1st game.

The Rookie QB STARTS the game (OR enters a game where his team is either TIED or Trailing).
    Also the Rookie QB must play one full quarter.
    And The Rookie QB is a part of the LAST Scoring drive for his team.

Bryce Young - Panthers
    CJ Stroud - Texans
    Anthony Richardson - Colts
    Will Levis - Titans

Rookie Watch --- First to Worst Style!

If you select a game which features these players scoring their first career Touchdowns the points are given as follows.

The first rookie to score a TD will earn 25 points for their chosen game, second rookie earns 15, third rookie earns 10, and the last rookie earns 5 points. If the rookies score their first TD?s on the same week the highest equal points are awarded. For example if all of these rookies scored a TD in Week One they would all receive 25 points.

However if two rookies scored their first TD in Week One those two rookies would receive 25 points, but the next rookie score would be 10 points (because he's the Third Rookie to score).

This is divided into two separate sections Wide Receivers and Tight Ends --- meaning the Tight End Rookies are NOT competing against the Wide Receivers, they are competing separately.

WR - Jaxon Smith-Njigba - Seattle
    WR - Quentin Johnson - Chargers
    WR - Zay Flowers - Ravens
    WR - Jordan Addison - Vikings

TE - Dalton Kincaid- Bills
    TE - Sam LaPorta - Lions
    TE - Michael Mayer - Raiders
    TE - Darnell Washington - Steelers

Special Week Bonuses!!!

**Only if you use these games in your schedule and the following happens!

Week 3: Falcons @ Lions:
    50 Points if Bijian Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs BOTH score Touchdowns.

Week 4: Patriots v. Cowboys
    25 Points if Ezekiel Elliott scores a Touchdown

Week 9: Giants v. Raiders
    35 Points if Darren Waller scores a Touchdown

Week 10: Bears v. Panthers
    30 Points if DJ Moore scores a Touchdown

Week 17: Jets v. Browns
    30 Points if Elijah Moore scores a Touchdown

Steelers Bonuses:

25 points - If Joey Porter has his first Sack, INT or Forced Fumble. (1/2 a sack counts).
    25 points - If Keeanu Benton has his first Sack, INT or Forced Fumble. (1/2 a sack counts).
    25 points - If Nick Herbig has his first Sack, INT or Forced Fumble. (1/2 a sack counts).

Odds and ends - rules in case of emergency.

If your game is cancelled (for any reason) I will transfer your choice in the following manner. First and foremost if you have Schedule Bonus Points (meaning points after Week 4 for Winning percentages over .500) for your cancelled game they will transfer no matter what. I will go in chorological order when picking the next game (except I'm skipping Thursday night games, they're usually terrible). I will begin with Sunday 1:00 pm (EST), 4:00 (EST), Sunday Night Game and Finally the Monday Night Game. The first game that matches exactly with your Scheduled Bonus Points is the one you will receive (even if it ends up being retroactive for some reason). If I cannot find an exact Match you will still get your designated Scheduled Bonus Points, but will be given the Monday Night Football Game.(unless it?s cancelled and then you will be given the Sunday Night Game).

If there is a tie at the end of the regular season between two or more players - the playoff points are extended until it breaks the tie. In other words - playoff points will be counted, again, for the Second Round, Championship Game, and Super Bowl until the tie is broken.

If you make a mistake on your schedule and it isn't realized until the week of the game - I will take the first team you write in - (i.e. if it's Seattle vs. Arizona, and it was supposed to be Cleveland vs Arizona - you're stuck with the Seattle game whomever they're playing - unless it's a bye week for Seattle, and then I?ll use the Arizona game).

ESPN will be awarded the best of their first two games (on Thursday Night) towards a Week 5 and beyond scoring. The reason for this is that they are short 1 game on their schedule towards this scoring system.

Networks do not receive the aid of their Flex Scheduling. The Schedule they have listed is the one they're going to get!

Scores will be posted every Tuesday along with commentary.

Any reproduction or other use of the aforementioned contest or its contents without the express written consent of Lonbull is strictly prohibited.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by papillon; 08-29-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Having taken last season off, I'll be back for another average swing at an above average game. I'm coming for you Flip.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

my favorite time of the yr.....good luck to all that will play
    2020 MNF Exec Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

awe man, some of those comeback to prior team are good... if Zeke touches the ball, he's gonna run some people over...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Having taken last season off, I'll be back for another average swing at an above average game. I'm coming for you Flip.
    You know I LOVE seeing this -- welcome back Jooser....unleash HELL!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    my favorite time of the yr.....good luck to all that will play
    Looking forward to it - Passhappy, glad you're back!

It is the best time of the year......until I inevitably choose a terrible game and have an existential crisis about IF I know anything about Football at all!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    awe man, some of those comeback to prior team are good... if Zeke touches the ball, he's gonna run some people over...
    With Dalvin Cook AND Aaron Rodgers -- I was SO disappointed the Jets weren't playing the NFC North this year.

Backup

User Info Menu

im always here...but moved to TN....I never post alot but like to read the posts
    2020 MNF Exec Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm in. Its been a six year gap since I won. The Steelers have 6 Super Bowls. According to my made up numerology, I will emerge victorious this year
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.