Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HawaiianSteel

Legend

User Info Menu

HawaiianSteel

Hope you and yours are safe, buddy. Just saw the news on the fires.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Hope you and yours are safe, buddy. Just saw the news on the fires.
    He is not on that island, told me he lives on Oahu. Fires are on Maui where I used to live. I have family there still that's and is safe but had to evacuate. Don't know yet how their house did yet.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update. I have been to both. Honeymooned on Maui by Lahina (Kaanapali beach). I go to Oahu from time to time for business.

I want to go back next year on vacation.

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Never been to HI. The photos and videos are scary af.

Hope everyone’s fam is safe
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I has by Diamond Head recently and would like to go back. When I do I want to visit the Pearl Harbor sites. Then probably kick back a week or so on Maui.

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update. I have been to both. Honeymooned on Maui by Lahina (Kaanapali beach). I go to Oahu from time to time for business.

I want to go back next year on vacation.
    I grew up on Oahu as a military (Air Force) brat. Dad retired there in the 1960s. As Ive said before, high school coach was an ethnic Hawaiian who was a former Steeler.

Wife and I bought a condo on Maui in the 90s and was living there when I started on the Trib forums and met the old core of this forum thus my name Mauisteel there.

Married son moved to Boise for cost of living advantages.

Cashed out on my condo which quadrupled in value in 14 years and moved to Boise in 2006 to cash buy a house to live the rest of my days dept free.

Only regret is selling the condo, it is now a vaca rental getting 300-400 a night.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-10-2023 at 03:36 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I grew up on Oahu as a military (Air Force) brat. Dad retired there in the 1960s. As Ive said before, high school coach was an ethnic Hawaiian who was a former Steeler.

Wife and I bought a condo on Maui in the 90s and was living there when I started on the Trib forums and met the old core of this forum thus my name Mauisteel there.

Cashed out on my condo which quadrupled in value in 14 years and moved to Boise in 2006 to cash buy a house to live the rest of my days dept free.

Only regret is selling the condo, it is now a vaca rental getting 400 a night.
    My one associate on Oahu had a nephew that was an All-American center (rated 2nd in US I believe). He played briefly at UCLA but got homesick and moved back to Oahu. Never heard what became of him. IIFC his last name was Perry.

I have only been to Idaho once, Coeur D'alene. Not too shabby.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 08-10-2023 at 03:41 PM.

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

My one associate on Oahu had a nephew that was an All-American center (rated 2nd in US I believe). He played briefly at UCLA but got homesick and moved back to Oahu. Never heard what became of him. IIFC his last name was Perry.

I have only been to Idaho once, Coeur D'alene. Not too shabby.
    Hawaii does centers.
    I went to high school with NFL center Samson Sateles dad. Samson played in the league for about a decade started with the phins, raiders, and another team as a backup towards the end.

His dad (Faalata Satele) was a center just like his son would be and was an absolute beast (always had my back in high school). Best player at our school. Highly recruited, NFL caliber, but flunked out of college as he took stuff for granted.

Son said in a story that his dad refused to let him make the same mistakes.

Samson Satele.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

He is not on that island, told me he lives on Oahu. Fires are on Maui where I used to live. I have family there still that's and is safe but had to evacuate. Don't know yet how their house did yet.
    Glad they're safe. Hope their home is too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only regret is selling the condo, it is now a vaca rental getting 300-400 a night.
    Moving from HCOL to LCOL areas is awesome!

Moving from Hawaii to Idaho...seems less so?