Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I miss this guy in his prime

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polamalubeast View Post
    For Bradshaw, he was one of the worst QB in the 1974 season in the NFL....Of course he was much better after that but it was often a struggle for him in his first 5 seasons
    Im old enough to remember watching Bradshaw.

I think Bradshaw is a tale of two QBs. Young Terry was absolute garbage. He was 100 percent about his gifts and just terrible at reading defenses. Even as a kid I remember thinking… why did he do THAT? That pass was so stupid. All the time.

Dont get any sense he was the greatest student of the game.

He grew into greatness through years of trial and error. LOTS OF error, experience.

His deep ball was beautiful indeed, Always was clutch.

By the time he retired, he was as elite as they come.

My opinion? Few were as gifted but in todays NFL he would never be given the time to become great.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-25-2023 at 10:30 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I love TB, so this isn't meant as a criticism.

but Terry was helped tremendously by the team around him. in the Super Bowl against the Vikings he went 9-14 for only 96 yds passing.

while true , back then 1) you didn't throw a lot.. 2) when your def gives up about 100 yards the entire game you do not have much of a reason to throw the ball much and that defensive performance vs the vikes was about as perfect as you can get don't you think?

/cheers

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    while true , back then 1) you didn't throw a lot.. 2) when your def gives up about 100 yards the entire game you do not have much of a reason to throw the ball much and that defensive performance vs the vikes was about as perfect as you can get don't you think?

/cheers
    It was Terry who saved us in the Super Bowl against the Rams wasn't it? The defense got served up by Vince Ferragamo?? That bomb to Stallworth that saved us was thrown by Terry wasn't it? That second super bowl we played against Dallas that was a shoot out, that was Terry who was the QB wasn't it? Terry won some Super Bowls for us with his arm. This notion that Terry was just along for the ride has been greatly exaggerated.

Legend

User Info Menu

TERRY was mvp for both SB 13 & 14.

even in the 2nd SB he had sone amazing throws to Swann ( MVP)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    It was Terry who saved us in the Super Bowl against the Rams wasn't it? The defense got served up by Vince Ferragamo?? That bomb to Stallworth that saved us was thrown by Terry wasn't it? That second super bowl we played against Dallas that was a shoot out, that was Terry who was the QB wasn't it? Terry won some Super Bowls for us with his arm. This notion that Terry was just along for the ride has been greatly exaggerated.
    where did I ever elude to the bold ? in fact I was the guy who first brought up Terry in this thread ..it is my belief that he is/was /might always be the greatest qb in steelers history ...since the goal every year is to WIN the SB and Terry did it 4 times in 6 years with ZERO defeats he may never be unseated ?? perfection is hard to beat 4-0 is perfection

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    where did I ever elude to the bold ? in fact I was the guy who first brought up Terry in this thread ..it is my belief that he is/was /might always be the greatest qb in steelers history ...since the goal every year is to WIN the SB and Terry did it 4 times in 6 years with ZERO defeats he may never be unseated ?? perfection is hard to beat 4-0 is perfection
    Not you; You never eluded to that. Someone else did. It was HS .. you captured his post when you responded to him.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 07-26-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Not you; You never eluded to that. Someone else did.
    then why did you quote dwins?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    TERRY was mvp for both SB 13 & 14.

even in the 2nd SB he had sone amazing throws to Swann ( MVP)
    I agree. Even the bombs to Johnny were more difficult THROWS than catches. X on the other hand featured amazing catches by Swann.

At that point in his career he was rolling.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-25-2023 at 09:32 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher