Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: I miss this guy in his prime

  1. #21
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    clearly many of you forget or just never seen how good Bradshaw was , nobody talks about how well he threw the football let alone how incredibly hard he was to tackle ( we hear it about Ben and rightfully so) is everyone just that young that they didnt see it and they are relying on stats that cant be compared because when Bradshaw played defenses were allowed to play too and were not hamstrung as they are today where the game is played on a tilted field leaning towards offensive football and putting up points in bunches ...

    guys like Lambert , Blount , Shell ( and every team had their versions of those guys ) would take your head off after the throw and before the reception if you was a receiver and rarely a flag be seen unlike today .. so yes more ints happened with less attempts because receivers got the hell beat out of them and may be laying on the field 5-10 yards away from where the ball was picked at because the DB threw them to the ground or laid an elbow to their head ......

    Bradshaw not only belongs in the conversation but he likely should be the front runner

    No doubt Bradshaw was great, but so many including me haven't seen Bradshaw play and seen Ben's entire career. This thread was more about Ben and not a debate between Ben and Terry

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalubeast View Post
    No doubt Bradshaw was great, but so many including me haven't seen Bradshaw play and seen Ben's entire career. This thread was more about Ben and not a debate between Ben and Terry
    Ben and Terry played in two completely different eras. Really can't compare their careers. They were good in their own ways.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Prolific pass catchers are created by having prolific QBs. Not the other way around.
    Who was more prolific last year, Derek Carr or Davante Adams?

    Tua or Tyreek?

    Cousins or Jefferson?

    Goff or Amon-Ra St. Brown?

    Any Browns QB or Amari Cooper?

    While we have decent WRs, swap our crew with Cincy's and watch the QB numbers follow accordingly.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 07-24-2023 at 09:55 AM.

  4. #24
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Who was more prolific last year, Derek Carr or Davante Adams?

    Tua or Tyreek?

    Cousins or Jefferson?

    Goff or Amon-Ra St. Brown?

    Any Browns QB or Amari Cooper?

    While we have decent WRs, swap our crew with Cincy's and watch the QB numbers follow accordingly.

    I am more of a QB makes the WR than the other way around kinda guy ... sure better weapons always matter but the QB is the guy who makes it all work ( or not work ) ,,, case in point other than Manny Sanders any WR that left during Bens tenure was far less of a factor the rest of their career than when they was with Ben in Pittsburgh , and it pains me to say this but all those years in NE can anyone name a WR that played out wide ? Edleman was a slot guy so he doesn't count ... yeah they had Gronk but he was a TE so was Killer Hernandez

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I think the QB makes the WR, in most cases. Go look at AB's totals when Vick was at the helm.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

    We want to roll people!

  6. #26
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think the QB makes the WR, in most cases.
    yep. in most cases.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ben and Terry played in two completely different eras. Really can't compare their careers. They were good in their own ways.
    agreed....
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat


    Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

    My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

  8. #28
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    A great player stay a great player no matter what.....Hill was great without Mahomes last year(same for Mahomes without Hill)...Justin Jefferson is the best WR in the NFL,etc

  9. #29
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think the QB makes the WR, in most cases. Go look at AB's totals when Vick was at the helm.
    Vick was not a good examples,since he was washed and he did not know the system and he had so few pratice with us....AB was fine with Landry Jones

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I am more of a QB makes the WR than the other way around kinda guy ... sure better weapons always matter but the QB is the guy who makes it all work ( or not work ) ,,, case in point other than Manny Sanders any WR that left during Bens tenure was far less of a factor the rest of their career than when they was with Ben in Pittsburgh , and it pains me to say this but all those years in NE can anyone name a WR that played out wide ? Edleman was a slot guy so he doesn't count ... yeah they had Gronk but he was a TE so was Killer Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think the QB makes the WR, in most cases. Go look at AB's totals when Vick was at the helm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalubeast View Post
    A great player stay a great player no matter what.....Hill was great without Mahomes last year(same for Mahomes without Hill)...Justin Jefferson is the best WR in the NFL,etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalubeast View Post
    Vick was not a good examples,since he was washed and he did not know the system and he had so few pratice with us....AB was fine with Landry Jones
    Beast is right -- you can't compare HOF'ers in their prime to washed up Vick. Middling QBs can benefit greatly from superstar WRs, and vice versa.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •