Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers 7th-round pick Spencer Anderson might be "Steal of the draft"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Don't Discount Spencer Anderson At Right Tackle, Fittipaldo Says

Steelers Depot | February 21, 2024

The Pittsburgh Steelers need somebody who can play right tackle if Broderick Jones is to play on the left side; even Dan Moore Jr. is skeptical about playing on the right side, but what about Spencer Anderson?

Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette raised that possibility in his latest chat. The 2023 seventh-round draft pick can play all five positions, but the coaches reportedly like him at tackle.

to read more:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/do...ttipaldo-says/
    Don't forget he is out of Maryland.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Don't forget he is out of Maryland.
    could be the reason why he ends up starting at RT:

Steelers Could Start Dark Horse Lineman at RT

The Pittsburgh Steelers could turn to a second-year player for their right tackle job.

NOAH STRACKBEIN
    FEB 21, 2024

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers could turn to an under-the-radar option to replace Chuks Okorafor at right tackle following the veteran's release. With the hopes of moving Broderick Jones back to the left side this upcoming season, Pittsburgh could look at another second-year player to handle duties on the right side.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ray Fittipaldo has tossed out Spencer Anderson as a top option for the Steelers' right tackle job, saying in his latest chat that you can't rule out the seventh-round pick heading into training camp.

"Don't discount Spencer Anderson at right tackle in camp and Jones at left if [Dan] Moore can't play on the right side. They really liked what Anderson showed them at tackle in training camp last year," Fittipaldo writes.

Anderson has experience at all five offensive line positions, which was what made him so attractive to the Steelers during the NFL Draft. After making the 53-man roster, he was listed as a guard on the team's official depth chart, but likely would've been called on to play tackle if they needed him to.

Moore is entering the final year of his rookie contract, but struggled when trying to move over to the right side last summer. If the plan is for Jones to move to the left side, which isn't set in stone just yet, Anderson could be a name to watch.

Pittsburgh has been linked to offensive tackles in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, being predicted to land one in most mocks. They won't shut down adding another first-round talent if the right fit is there, but if Anderson becomes their best option, they won't brush by him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news...n-right-tackle
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    could be the reason why he ends up starting at RT:

Steelers Could Start Dark Horse Lineman at RT

The Pittsburgh Steelers could turn to a second-year player for their right tackle job.

NOAH STRACKBEIN
    FEB 21, 2024

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers could turn to an under-the-radar option to replace Chuks Okorafor at right tackle following the veteran's release. With the hopes of moving Broderick Jones back to the left side this upcoming season, Pittsburgh could look at another second-year player to handle duties on the right side.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ray Fittipaldo has tossed out Spencer Anderson as a top option for the Steelers' right tackle job, saying in his latest chat that you can't rule out the seventh-round pick heading into training camp.

"Don't discount Spencer Anderson at right tackle in camp and Jones at left if [Dan] Moore can't play on the right side. They really liked what Anderson showed them at tackle in training camp last year," Fittipaldo writes.

Anderson has experience at all five offensive line positions, which was what made him so attractive to the Steelers during the NFL Draft. After making the 53-man roster, he was listed as a guard on the team's official depth chart, but likely would've been called on to play tackle if they needed him to.

Moore is entering the final year of his rookie contract, but struggled when trying to move over to the right side last summer. If the plan is for Jones to move to the left side, which isn't set in stone just yet, Anderson could be a name to watch.

Pittsburgh has been linked to offensive tackles in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, being predicted to land one in most mocks. They won't shut down adding another first-round talent if the right fit is there, but if Anderson becomes their best option, they won't brush by him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news...n-right-tackle
    I?m predicting (since I predicted he?d play RT in 2023 and he did) that Jones will continue on the right side and Moore on the left. At least until Moores contract is up. (Wouldn?t be surprised if he earns a LT salary either)

Why keep reinventing the wheel every year? Gotta keep these guys in the same position. Only way they improve.

Could Anderson play C? I look for the Steelers to bring in a FA Center perhaps the guy from Tennessee. Then draft a C in 1st few rounds.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I?m predicting (since I predicted he?d play RT in 2023 and he did) that Jones will continue on the right side and Moore on the left. At least until Moores contract is up. (Wouldn?t be surprised if he earns a LT salary either)

Why keep reinventing the wheel every year? Gotta keep these guys in the same position. Only way they improve.

Could Anderson play C? I look for the Steelers to bring in a FA Center perhaps the guy from Tennessee. Then draft a C in 1st few rounds.
    They played Chuks and Dotson and Green out of position, now they're playing Jones out of position. This is a dumb team, especially when it comes to the OL.

Weidl is the only hope to fix this ineptitude.