Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: KP maybe not as bad as is thought?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    unfortunately we didn’t have the #1 scoring defenses those years

2008 and 2010 we had the #1 scoring defense both years. You don’t need to chase points as often when your D is suffocating opponents most games.

Some think. this doesn’t impact how an offense operates but a great defense usually means you don’t have to win that many shootouts.
    good point on this...When the steelers needed a score at the end of a game to win the game under Arians, the steelers were one of the best in the league to do that

Also, most of the player with the biggest salary were in defense under Arians...it was the opposite with Haley as OC
    Last edited by Polamalubeast; 07-31-2023 at 10:55 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polamalubeast View Post
    good point on this...When the steelers needed a score at the end of a game to win the game under Arians, the steelers were one of the best in the league to do that

Also, most of the player with the biggest salary were in defense under Arians...it was the opposite with Haley as OC
    well, fans who hated BA gave Ben the credit for late game wins, just like with Canada.

But the pay for the O during Haley’s tenure is why a lot of people put more blame on the offense.

I will admit the AFCCG loss to the Pats I blamed the defense scheme in that one. I was furious with DL and Tomlin after the game. A day later I went back and had to tamper some of it.

We had first and goal before halftime at the 1 yard line because once again Jesse James couldn?t stay on his feet and score. OL bitched up and couldn?t score from the 1. Remember, we didn?t run QB sneaks with a guy who was 99% on QB sneaks up to that point in his career.

Then after halftime we get the ball back and go 3 and out to start the second half.

second half offense:
    punt
    punt
    fumble
    downs
    int
    garbage time TD

Don?t get me wrong, D was wack that game but once again the offense came up short. For the record, this was the game I gave Ben credit and blamed everyone else on offense. First possession Ben throws a beautiful pass to Coates and he short arms it. Yeah, it was 3rd and 1 and we probably should?ve moved the chains but it was there and Coates half assed it.

whole game felt like another scripted Pats Win.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 07-31-2023 at 02:50 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Warner: KP 'progressing', 'not perfect', but 'getting better'.

And watch the routes. There are receivers running open while KP chose to throw in another direction. Example @ 9:03 with the receiver running wide open in the MOF (can't quite make out who the receiver was.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Warner: KP 'progressing', 'not perfect', but 'getting better'.

And watch the routes. There are receivers running open while KP chose to throw in another direction. Example @ 9:03 with the receiver running wide open in the MOF (can't quite make out who the receiver was.)
    Are you talking about the RB in the left flat or Muth in the seam, who only looked wide open when his man left him and ran to the ball?

Or are you talking about with 9:03 left in the video?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FootballCorner View Post
    : that's typical of his postings. even warner explains what kenny looking at there get used to it though if you stay here. the tomlin nut huggers/QB bashers the important part here in is video is that he's finding positive plays and not making further mistakes even when the the read isn't 100% correct or a defender blows up the intended play. not all plays turn out how its scripted (esp with this staff). but the ability to adjust and make positive plays out of those will make him a top QB.
    is that you NJS?

My post was about scheme and getting guys open. There was no way the LB was going to stay with Muth. I didn't say anything about KP's decision to look elsewhere. But of course you took it as a negative against the QB. A few plays later they ran a similar play with Muth in the middle for the TD.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 09-08-2023 at 05:51 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

is that you NJS?

it is NJS he admits it in another thread post 33 here http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...Behavior/page4

he got a vacation for breaking the rules to go and make a new account (a ban-able offense) to say he was done here and already moved on yet he already has 11 posts with the new account

some folks just don't learn
    @dwinsgames on twitter .... Kenny Pickett is who I thought he was ....

Legend

User Info Menu

is that you NJS?

My post was about scheme and getting guys open. There was no way the LB was going to stay with Muth. I didn't say anything about KP's decision to look elsewhere. But of course you took it as a negative against the QB. A few plays later they ran a similar play with Muth in the middle for the TD.
    A TE behind the LB, who is running with his back to the play is NFL open. Back shoulder throw makes sure that safeties don't have the chance to come over the top and make a play. How can anyone dispute that play?