Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 177

Thread: KP maybe not as bad as is thought?

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I’ll argue a lot of things but never PFF stats.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    And who knows...maybe it makes sense.

    But there isn't any real discussion about why they rank him so high despite at least some results looking average (at best).

    Maybe there's also some projecting going into the numbers? Like what they think is going to happen next season?
    The key word above is "results". Kenny isn't 100% responsible for the results of a play, play-caller and OL and receiver also play a part.

    There's a reason the Raiders didn't add the sea of hands or holy roller plays to their playbooks, or the Steelers and the Immaculate Reception, and use them every game, even though the "results" of those plays were successful.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Nobody can defend how PFF arrives at those numbers posted, and there numerous other examples.
    Of course they can be defended, you're only focussed on outcomes, not process. Purdy threw a 5-yard pass behind Deebo vs. Seattle, Deebo made a nice snag, a 360, and ran 65 yards for a TD through traffic.

    Was that a great play by Purdy because his passer rating on it was great?

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Article has some messed up stuff.

    Example:

    Tua ranked 4th; his "Deep Completion %" = 24.5% which they say was 2nd in the NFL. Meanwhile, KP had 38.3% deep completion rate and was ranked 30th!?
    Guessing there's a typo there, but assuming Tua really is 2nd why isn't he higher on the list? Maybe because he rag-armed a bunch of throws that the two best deep receivers in football were still able to track and come down with?

    That's why context matters. Put Tua on another team and his counting stats on deep balls likely go down.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Maybe it's true some fans are not giving KP time to succeeed in our system before judging him too harshly but the same can be said for Mitch Trubisky. Felt like fans wanted him benched immediately just because KP was a first round pick & Mitch never brought the Bears to the Super Bowl. Then after being unfare to Mitch they ask why everyone is being unfair & hating on KP. Pot see black kettle.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Guessing there's a typo there, but assuming Tua really is 2nd why isn't he higher on the list? Maybe because he rag-armed a bunch of throws that the two best deep receivers in football were still able to track and come down with?

    That's why context matters. Put Tua on another team and his counting stats on deep balls likely go down.
    Another little fun fact based on their deep passer ratings; KP, Cousins, and Dalton were the only QBs in their top 10 that had a lower deep passer rating than their overall season passer rating.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Of course they can be defended, you're only focussed on outcomes, not process. Purdy threw a 5-yard pass behind Deebo vs. Seattle, Deebo made a nice snag, a 360, and ran 65 yards for a TD through traffic.

    Was that a great play by Purdy because his passer rating on it was great?
    I'm not talking one play at all.

    Again,

    30-39-360-5-0 earns a 75.1 PFF pass rating
    15-27-168-1-0 earns a 90.9 PFF pass rating

    You just defending for the sake of it? That's indefensible.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I mean, I'm old enough to remember when Steeler fans were excited about Trubisky because of a fluky 2018 season that saw his counting stats soar while his PFF grade was bottom 3.

    PFF was spot on about Trubisky.
    By this logic was PFF also right when they ranked Josh Allen 32nd entering his sophomore season?

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It takes time to reach a definitive conclusion about rookies.

    I don't expect KP to reach his potential in his 2nd season. The Steelers should be good enough as a team to compete for the division title in KPs 2nd season (baring key/multiple injuries).

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Maybe it's true some fans are not giving KP time to succeeed in our system before judging him too harshly but the same can be said for Mitch Trubisky. Felt like fans wanted him benched immediately just because KP was a first round pick & Mitch never brought the Bears to the Super Bowl. Then after being unfare to Mitch they ask why everyone is being unfair & hating on KP. Pot see black kettle.
    Mitch was a six year vet who got all the first team reps in the offseason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •