Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Najee's #s gonna be with new rushing game?

Legend

User Info Menu

Split stats for Najee and Warren are available at the links below. One of the categories they give splits by is carries on 1st, 2nd, 3rd downs.

I think some will be surprised by the data here. I was. Total number of carries is correct. And it's CBS, so it's not some micro blog or something.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/player...s/splits/2022/
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/player...n/splits/2022/

3rd Downs

Player Carries Yards YPC Long TD FD REC Yards Avg TD
    Harris 9 14 1.6 7 0 3 10 43 4.3 1
    Warren 2 19 9.5 21 0 1 13 88 6.8 0

I don't have snap counts on 3rd down. But I thought it was interesting that Najee had more runs on 3rd than Warren did. I would have though Warren would have had more carries on 3rd.

Warren's carries are overwhelming on 1st (39) and 2nd (34) downs (2 on 3rd and 2 on 4th).

One 1st downs, Warren averaged 3.2 YPC. Najee averaged 4.0. Presumably these are mostly 1st and 10 plays. Notice that Najee is better in these situations (over a sample that's about 4x larger).

Again (as I've stated upthread), I believe that Harris is the better back and that Warren is also good.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 06-01-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    If we make it to the playoffs being 28th in TDs, we certainly won't win when we get there. THAT much I know. Nor will we scoring 18 PPG.
    This is correct. Nobody debates that.

It is a good thing we added pieces and have a young offense who haven’t reached their prime ensuring that won’t happen again.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Do you see Najee with a run like Lynch in the playoff game vs. the Saints? Not sure I do.
    I do...
    I guess only time will tell, but the power and those stiff-arms are very similar...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Split stats for Najee and Warren are available at the links below. One of the categories they give splits by is carries on 1st, 2nd, 3rd downs.

I think some will be surprised by the data here. I was. Total number of carries is correct. And it's CBS, so it's not some micro blog or something.

3rd Downs

I don't have snap counts on 3rd down. But I thought it was interesting that Najee had more runs on 3rd than Warren did. I would have thought Warren would have had more carries on 3rd. But his carries are overwhelming on 1st (39) and 2nd (34) downs (2 on 3rd and 2 on 4th).
    I will both take issue with your stat while supporting your larger point.

I do not know this but I am guessing Warrens big stat skewing run was down and distance anticipating a pass. Something like a draw play.

Najee’s runs are almost certainly 3rd and short. Why would I guess that?

To your larger point would ANYONE run Najee on 3rd and long?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I do...
    I guess only time will tell, but the power and those stiff-arms are very similar...
    A VERY good comp.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    A VERY good comp.
    Thanks!
    IMO, Lynch exactly what I'd expect Naj becomes in a good offense.
    He'll get some longer runs, but he won't be untouched. Along the way, he's going to have to knock off a DB or two.

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

if anyone would, it would be the king of the TE draw play...

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

3rd Downs

I don't have snap counts on 3rd down. But I thought it was interesting that Najee had more runs on 3rd than Warren did. I would have though Warren would have had more carries on 3rd.

Warren's carries are overwhelming on 1st (39) and 2nd (34) downs (2 on 3rd and 2 on 4th).

One 1st downs, Warren averaged 3.2 YPC. Najee averaged 4.0. Presumably these are mostly 1st and 10 plays. Notice that Najee is better in these situations (over a sample that's about 4x larger).

Again (as I've stated upthread), I believe that Harris is the better back and that Warren is also good.
    If Warren had 2 runs and a long of 21 it means he had -2 yards on his other run.

also shows Warren is probably the 3rd down back in mostly passing situations since he has 13 receptions on 3rd down.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-01-2023 at 03:44 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I will both take issue with your stat while supporting your larger point.

I do not know this but I am guessing Warrens big stat skewing run was down and distance anticipating a pass. Something like a draw play.

Najee’s runs are almost certainly 3rd and short. Why would I guess that?

Warrens 21 yard end around run vs the Saints right after the 2 minute warning when we were up 20 to 10.

I believe someone compiled every Jaylen play from each game on youtube.

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Warrens 21 yard end around run vs the Saints right after the 2 minute warning when we were up 20 to 10.

I believe someone compiled every Jaylen play from each game on youtube.

As I suspected, 3rd and 6 or 7.

TCFCLTC-