Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Najee's #s gonna be with new rushing game?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    IMO, Harris does not hole the fast enough and has few runs over 10+, 20+ and 30+ yards and has issues running outside the tackles. Check the STATS and compare and contrast to the other NFL starting running backs. You will find I am correct of you check.

You were the guy who claimed Harris ran a 4.40 UM, no he did not. He didn't run at the combine or pro day. I'd guess he is a 4.6+ 40 yard dash and his 10 yard dash, which judge accleration is below the average starting running back. Ie, he does not hit the hole quickly and and he lacks out good speed. Reasons why he has a low YPR!

Merril Hoge had 10+, 20+, and 30+ yard running plays too. I have never seen Harris running away form a DB when they were even. He does in fact lack 10+ yard big plays relative to his peers ( other NFL starting backs ) in a similar amount of attempts. If you check this out, you will find it to be true as well. A modern day slug at Running back.
    TRUTH! Boom, shalackalacka boom!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    No I didn't claim he ran a 4.4, what I said was the only reported time we have on Harris is a 4.4.
    4.4.................ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhahhhhahhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhh

Legend

User Info Menu

Josh Jacobs ran a 4.6+ and led the league in rushing last year, so tell me again about the speed. Also he had more runs over 40+ yards than Chubb and he had an 86 yarder.
    WHAT? Jacobs averaged 4.9 yard per rush last year. Let me guess he must have been a 3rd down back, right?

RB prospect Josh Jacobs ran his 40-yard dash again today at Alabama’s second Pro Day and the times ranged from 4.52 - 4.56, source said. An improvement from the 220-pounder.
    What was Harris pro day time? Oh that right he didn't run one at his pro day or the combine.

What this? Jacobs had 7 20+ yard runs last year, while Slug Harris only has 1? Yep. How did this happen?

The answer is obvious. N. Harris lacks speed and acceleration.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

WHAT? Jacobs averaged 4.9 yard per rush last year. Let me guess he must have been a 3rd down back, right?

What was Harris pro day time? Oh that right he didn't run one at his pro day or the combine.

What this? Jacobs had 7 20+ yard runs last year, while Slug Harris only has 1? Yep. How did this happen?

What was the Raiders record?

Who won the Steelers Raiders game past year?

How did such a great RB like Jacobs have a 2.9 average against us?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude, JACOBS RAN A 4.6+ FORTY YARD DASH TIME!!!!!! THE EXACT TIME YOU JUST TOLD ME HARRIS RAN!!!! You are such an effing rake stepper it is unreal.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 06-03-2023 at 06:33 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    OK

Last one.

I think you do need to have breakaway speed in TODAY's NFL.

Guys like Davis (retired 22 years ago) and Bettis (retired 18 years ago) would not be elite backs in today's NFL IMO. The position has changed.

I think your example kind of proves that, right? Because you have to go back decades to find a guy who isn't fast that was considered elite.

And again, the argument that the Bengals have a great offense because they have a RB like Mixon and not because they have a QB like Burrow seems like a pretty big stretch to me.

Now I'm done. Blitzer's right that writing the same thing over and over is silly. And something I do too often.
    I did not bring up Mixon.
    You gave me a list of fast backs who have won nothing to dispute my assertion that backs that make chunks consistently are more associated with winning than speedsters.

YOU chose to use the example of the winningest back (Mixon) to prove me wrong.

As far as my example of Davis being old?

I already used the example of a contemporary of players on our team RIGHT NOW. You might have heard of him?

Leveon Bell.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I did not bring up Mixon.
    You gave me a list of fast backs who have won nothing to dispute my assertion that backs that make chunks consistently are more associated with winning than speedsters.

YOU chose to use the example of the winningest back (Mixon) to prove me wrong.

As far as my example of Davis being old?

I already used the example of a contemporary of players on our team RIGHT NOW. You might have heard of him?

Leveon Bell.
    Mixon is no speedster, and in fact is a pretty good comp for Najee. Big strong guys whose long runs top out in the 30s.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Mixon is no speedster, and in fact is a pretty good comp for Najee. Big strong guys whose long runs top out in the 30s.
    I agree.
    If you missed that you need to read the early back and forth between me and Northern.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I agree.
    If you missed that you need to read the early back and forth between me and Northern.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude, JACOBS RAN A 4.6+ FORTY YARD DASH TIME!!!!!! THE EXACT TIME YOU JUST TOLD ME HARRIS RAN!!!! You are such an effing rake stepper it is unreal.
    You continue to ignore my facts and links of truth. Jacobs a ran a confirmed 4.52 - 4.56 on different stop watches his pro day

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/josh-jacobs-clocks-improved-40-times-at-alabamas-second-pro-day/

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1113171400355975174

Rake stepper? Post Harris times at the combine or pro day. I double dare you.

I just compared the two players via YPR. Slug Harris rates MUCH lower. Why is this so? Explain it to us.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 06-04-2023 at 06:02 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.